The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I'd watch the main event and the 2 tag title matches.

CBG likes this.
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Yeah the last fight was good...Strowman looks like a monster

CBG and NYJalltheway like this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I watched it last night . It was good,,,,,,

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

So Wrestlemania is tonight.
    I am quite positive The Undertaker is coming back, the Deadman retired last year...However the American BadAss persona DID NOT.

Also, Kid Rock got inducted into the Hall of Fame this year...It is a given Taker rolls out on his bike to a live performance of Kid Rock

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Every year I do predictions, get my friends picks, and write down picks from my favorite YouTubers. Got beer in the fridge, sandwiches too, a few snacks, and a fresh free trial of network I'll cancel in a month.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

No need to predict the last match...Roman Reigns winning. If Brock wins, I'd be thrilled but I doubt it will at all happen.

Also, Ronda Rousey winning too.

7. NYJalltheway

Yeah in total I accumulated 14 different voters, kurt/ronda was unanimous, Roman was 13-1 cuz one of my friends isn't caught up with the product.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Huge surprises tonight. Lesnar and Styles retained. Nakamura turned heel, Undertaker came back and kicked Cena's ass, Asuka lost, and Rollins won the ICC. I was right about one thing: I predicted Nicholas would beast out to become a Tag Team Champion.

matt robinson 17 and CBG like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I cannot believe how out of shape Lesner is,,,,the guy is really flabby and you could see he had trouble at times tossing RR around, he dropped him on his shoulder once and I saw a few other tosses that were questionable where he could have hurt RR. The Undertaker ohs just so damn old he should stay retired but I was pretty shocked that they let him beat Cena.Nice that Nicholas is now finally champ lol but now what do they do take the titles away on a technicality ? I was also shocked that Flair won but I stray. Also shocked but glad that Nia won ,,,The Styles match was very good. I would have liked to see the Miz retain but lets see where this goes now, all in all the card was ok, not great but not horrible

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Glad they did the classic Undertaker and not the stupid bad ass character

CBG and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Shocked it wasnt the badass persona

12. NYJalltheway

Who was that kid?

13. The Dark Knight

That would have been awful. Instead it was just terrible. WWE thinks that Undertaker beating Cena can give him credibility back. Instead, at least to me, it made Cena look terrible and Undertaker already is washed up and terrible, so they ruined 2 characters.
    Nah, I say just drop out of school, and defend the tag titles on Raw each week. :D

CBG likes this.
  14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Let me just preface by saying I used to be a big wrestling fan, but don't watch like I used to. I do try to catch Wrestlemania each year to see how things are going.

The best match was Angle & Rousey vs HHH & Stephanie. That was very well done from beginning to end and was exciting the whole way through. I almost thought HHH was going to submit to Rousey and make a huge statement, but deep down inside I knew HHH would never stand for that.

I really didn't like having 2 big name squash matches in biggest PPV of the year. Cena vs Taker basically just made Cena look like a little girl. It was pointless and Taker looked horrible. That one big boot he did he could barely get the boot above waste level and Cena had to adjust to even sell the stupid move. Ugh. Granted it was a classic entrance, the match was disgraceful.

What do they possibly gain by squashing Reigns so badly? I get that he showed toughness kicking out of 4 F5s, but I it was downright boring. I agree that Brock looks out of shape and seemed slow. The pace of the match was terrible, almost nothing happened. It was boring from bell to bell. Looked like Brock botched that F5 on the table as well.

The Styles match was decent, the rest of it was okay. Nothing to write home about. I missed the ladder match, unfortunately.

15. NYJalltheway

The ladder match was for nxt on Saturday.

16. The Dark Knight

Rousey did a great job. Agreed. Cena-Taker was bad, but the more I think about it, it is even worse. Undertaker never showed up for any Pre-WM Raws. Cena kept calling him out and doing all the promo work just to get his ass kicked instantly at Wrestlemania by a guy who can barely walk. I liked Cena's character for the kids and just as a good role model, but I don't see the point now. He just loses non-stop. The opposite of his character. He needs to retire. And of course, The Undertaker should have retired after Wrestlemania 28. He has been a walking embarrassment the last 6 years.

As for Reigns, I agree. I don't get it. He should have won, as should Nakamura and Asuka. WM should be used to showcase your talent, not bury it.

I'm like you, I like to watch Mania each year. I am sure I will again next year, but hopefully they tighten up the product.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  17. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Any of you guys watch the Andre the Giant doc on HBO yet? He's still the greatest, in my book. As a kid, I can remember losing friends because I supported him over Hogan when they were feuding prior to Wrestlemania III.

I guess I was destined to be a Jets fan instead of a band wagon jumper.

18. NYJalltheway

I just found it last night finally, but was too tired, so I'm going to watch it later.

19. The Dark Knight

Yep. Outstanding Documentary. Loved it. I wonder if Hogan really wasn't sure how that WMIII match would turn out? Funny stuff. Andre was the man. I liked learning about the history of wrestling too. It was well done. I felt sad for Andre too. That is a tough way to live.

CBG and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  20. NYJalltheway

Seeing him with the cane in his later years is so heartbreaking to see.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.