Jamal Adams- wow - can't help but love him

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Jul 30, 2017.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Absolutely. I stopped participating in "hard" conversations (politics, other things people are divided on) because it seems our education system is drilling it into people that style and "winning" are more important than substance.

So many people I closely affiliate with in the real world are like this and it drives me batshit. What you say can be 100% factually correct, if the dope across from you is more charismatic (or stubborn) you'll always lose the argument. There's a few mopes like that here too.

EDIT: I realize that post might not seem related to what you just said but mentally my mind that way based on your post. I agree with you; 100%. Cry-fucking-babies. Thick skin is in short supply. Respecting people is important. Being a walking butt plug is just annoying and unproductive.

Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Sorry Jimmy "Two Words" but it's gonna have top be enough. Separation of church and state, someone wrote that somewhere.

3. Insecurity,special interest & me first mentality are a bad mix; Throw that mixture onto social media where ego & self pity cross paths...complete disaster.

Somewhere down the line, differences need to be tossed aside in the name of a greater good. I doubt that happens though b.c no one can even agree on what that looks like.Even if that could be agreed upon there'd be some small segmented special interest group w. just enough of a voice to piss on the whole ordeal.

xxedge72x likes this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Not in the NFL, which stands for Not For Long if Adams doesn't get his head in a Bible and get off this road to perdition he's on :mad:. God, country, the NFL, then family, hel-lo!

boozer32 likes this.
  5. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I hope preseason game 2 is not what we have to expect in the future. Adams looked SOFT. Kept going low on all of his tackle, missing and or slipping off runners legs. Maye was looking like Ronnie Lot. There was on missed tackle the commentator said the receiver was 185 lbs and Adams went low on him and missed. Im going back to his college highlights to see how many of his tackles were ankle tackles. If the Jets screwed this pick up we r in trouble.

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

A bit of an overreaction, hes fine. Hes not going ham in preseason against back up

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I think you should start another thread about it, just to make sure everybody knows your name, Boston is a bit higher up and to the right btw.

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

And?What's your point?Hikers don't get paid millions of dollars,either do surfers,either do snowboarders unless they are a rare talent.Football isn't a hobby

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

for all the hype the kid had at least foour missed tackles and didn't wrap up at all.... he better wake up

10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Well at least he was there, read the play, hustled to it, but he just didn't execute. It's really out of character for him he was a solid tackler in college

K'OB and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Emotionally butthurt morons. Gotta love'em.

George Carlin had to share a few tidbits about it decades ago; minimally exceptional children for instance.

FJF likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

There is, in my opinion, a significant amount of unnecessary drama associated with this youngster, and it's a bit off kilter and entirely too premature if you ask me. I'm going to give you my two cents for what is worth.

1- Adam did not play soft, that's just BS. He actually played fast and hard but he did not play smart. He was on the target like a pro but he he didn't wrap the target much like a rookie. People that are already drawing
    conclusions about his future as a player are dilusional. We have a long way to go before we can find out how good this kid is or not.

2- His comment to the headline hungry media was fueled by youth, passion and inexperience. Yeh he needs to be more sensitive to the many past victims, but this game is worth billions and ain't stopping shit. Quite frankly every single swinging dick playing the game today knows the high risks associated with CTE. They have embraced it, accepted it, and they will give it everything they have. The entire NFL knows the risks and have bought into it line hook and sinker, like the cigarette industry, the alcohol industry, the entire drug industry, everyone in dangerous jobs and x sports and on and on. You are given a choice so choose. I find it hugely hypocritical how much crap this kid is getting for saying what most players are thinking and the pricks on top of the NFL hoping it continues.

Kris 15 and NCJetsfan like this.