Preseason Game #2 Detroit Lions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Aug 18, 2017.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Petty olayed back ups. He has struggled terribly against 1st teams. Hack himself wasnt so terrible. He had nothing to work with. Receivers werent getting open, o line gave him no time, and weren't opening holes for the run game. Start with quick short passes. Plays where he gets rid of the ball quickly. That's Bradys MO, why he doesn't take a lot of hits. Brady is terrible when hes constantly hit, just like any other QB, so i dont get why people dont think if someone like that gets rattled, why wouldnt a lesser younger QB?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It may be preseason but I have never heard of the 2nd string OL being started with the 1st string offense. If you think the OL needs more evaluation than the QB position then you are entitled to your opinion but it makes no sense to me since QB has to be the most important position at this time. If Hack started out with the 1st string and still played as bad as he did, then it would be easy enough to say, OK he sucked. Now there is still the question, did he suck that bad because of having no prtection? Would he have at least played not terrible had he got to start with Johnson, Beachum and Qvale?

Bowles himself said "“They really didn’t give him a chance. They had a lot of pressure on him and he couldn’t get a couple balls off. I don’t think anybody can have a chance when we’re blocking like that. … It’s not a fair evaluation of the kid. He didn’t get a chance on the couple pass plays he had. He had a lot of pressure on him.”"

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. For sure.I can't wait for those idiots to figure out a way to ignore the offense yet again to keep building thier fake paper juggernaut

I'm getting to the point where I'm so jaded that Ive given up on us ever having "nice things" & would settle for MAC & Bowles departure from the organization highlighted by the mindless idiocy & travesty it is to their fan base to allow an offense to be this horrible 3 fuckingyears into their "rebuild".Not one player to build around..not ONE

4. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

Petty looked awful last year, but Gailey wasn't helping - an offense that throws short could help him as he will work in deep throws enough on his own...same as McCown. Last night gave some promise that I don't think Petty should be cut...which isn't a high bar...
    Agreed though on the short passes or even rolling the pocket. Help Hack out, get him some easy ones and cut the field in half and give him an easier decision process due to rolling out...
    As bad as it looked last night- the D looks good and McCown may have some Fitz v1 in him- it's just how dedicated to tanking the FO will be (and intervene)

zace likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think the dynamic reads more like this: Bowles wants Hack to succeed AFTER he gets his extension. Macc wants Hack to succeed PDQ. Bowles doesn't want Petty to succeed because that goes against Macc's agenda. Macc doesn't want Petty to succeed because that would mean a mistake on his part drafting Hack 2nd like most of the NFL said at the time. Result: Hack gets the reps Petty should have, McClown gets 6mil to be a Player/Mentor and Petty no matter how well he plays, will always be an afterthought because he doesn't fit anybody's plan in the FO/CS.

SOJAZ, tbruner12 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If so, that is pathetic. I agree Bowles should have let Hack get a drive to start the 2nd half. He is a bad Head Coach. Not much else to say. Not giving Petty a chance is also a mistake, but it looks like they are handling all of this wrong. McCown can't succeed without game reps either. I am always optimistic and positive, but this could be the mess many are predicting. :(:(

7. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Every QB who has ever played in preseason in the NFL has been able to
    *make a play* passing. He was *2 for 6 for 14 yards* for chrissake!
    The only Hack "highlight" on NFL video is of him running for a first
    down on a blown play! The snowflake right-wingers in Boston yesterday,
    who caved in without their machine guns to back them up, had more highlights
    than Hack! (There is a video of one of them tossing his speech into the trash).

Bowles knows perfectly well Hack can't play, that's why he's out there
    with the second stringers. He's just following orders from Mac, who made
    a really really really bad decision. With this defense, McCown/Petty should
    be enough for an entertaining season.

Ron

tbruner12 likes this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I have not read all of the posts in this thread, but it is really hard to evaluate a QB with a terrible team around him. Hackenberg got no protection from his O-line. None of his WR's got open. The running game was non-existent. On that first sack fumble, the Lion was unblocked. The lineman or Powell blew it. The bad part on Hack's side is he did not notice or see it coming. Needed to be more aware. I don't get how fans easily just blame Hackenberg or assume he can't play with that effort last night. I thought it was good for him to get that experience. Road Game. vs #1 D. Sometimes it is good to be thrown into the fire. The problem is the offense truly is horrendous. Looks like the O-line is trash. The WR's are obviously young and can't get separation. McCown won't succeed in this offense, let alone Hackenberg or Petty.

matt robinson 17 and zace like this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So what did Bowles do to help the kids confidence ?

Answers below
    A Give the kid some 1st team OL to work with
    B slam him to a pitch side reporter and then yank him from the game

Surely the answer should be A right :rolleyes:

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sadly, you may be right. It makes it pretty discouraging to root for a team that has a GM and HC rooting against each other.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

uh...did you say something?

12. Jetsfan125

Jetsfan125 Active Member

Why are you guys talking about Mahomes? He doesn't play for your team nor will he ever play for your team anytime soon.

joe likes this.
  13. Jetsfan125

Jetsfan125 Active Member

Oh, I agree with you! Our O line stunk it up. That play where he got hit wide open with a d lineman coming at him unblocked is all on the head coach. But I won't even get started with Bowles, and it stings even more when we had a chance to get Quinn before Falcons wrapped him up. But that's a totally different discussion.
    All Im saying about Hack, is that overall he doesn't look ready. Perhaps one more year. Petty looked comfortable and it looked like the team played harder for him.
    I'm also a big fan of Hansen I think he will be what that bum Devin Smith never was.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Your team o_O

legler82 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

It's all politics..and all about anal TB

He preserves his NFL future if we have a good D

Bowles sees the short term (for him not team)

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Before the game started those three were not part of the 2nd team. They were in contention for first string so you are wrong. Based on last night that's no longer the case. It's not matter of ranking on importance it's matter of getting tbe TEAM ready not just tbe qb position. I like tbe way tbe coaches are thinking. Game 3 should be mostly who's starting week 1 and that's based on last nights evaluation. Hack was never gonna start week 1 so relax.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus 10000

It's all about damage control for Mac and delusion of contract extension for toilet

Why would anyone in their right want TB as their HC??? Only this sh^tty landing for a job no one wants would even consider him....

But Karmas a bitch and no matter how hard CH tries he won't make it ..sorry cause he's a nice kid. So Mac and Bowles will still end up chasing/ hoping for. A miracle (what else is new in NYJetland???)

Petty should ask to be traded to a much better organization

18. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

If we give Hack a pass because of all the common things that ail our team (no O-line, no WR's, crappy offensive scheme, etc...), then Petty gets it for sure. For that matter we shouldn't have let Geno go, at least he didn't need a coddle year. Trial by fire is what every QB must face sooner or later. Hack gets to play with the 2's and 3's because he is a player of that caliber. He obviously isn't a cerebral QB. He can't face pressure. He isn't accurate. Petty is better.
    McClown is better than both. We do not have a QB on this team that can win more than 4-6 games in a season. On a good note, our defense will be top 5 caliber, yet because of our inept offense, will be lucky to be in the top 15 at season's end due to stats.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Oh i agree he isn't ready. The game looks too fast for him, but he doesn't force a lot. I love that. The decision and reads were smart. Just the execution was the problem. The game will slow down if he's given a chance to succeed.

Still not sold on Petty. He looked the same last preseason and still does the same things forced throws, staring guys down, trusting his arm too much. He looks great against scrubs, ok against second team, terrible vs 1s. It's been the same every year.

I think Hack can be serviceable to good if he has time and help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  20. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the dark side.