Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

DOOOOM!

[​IMG]

LOL

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Stinky which storm are we looking at ?

3. stinkyB

LOL..... I wouldnt put too much creedence into that.

92L is the wave that has potential for the east coast but still too many factors to fight through before its time to worry about it

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

"now that the entire neighborhood knows its going to rain can we go to bed " ,,,,,,lu lu

6. stinkyB

Good Luck Texas...... :(

7. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

SB...this will be one for the record books. Record books. This will be wall to wall coverage for 3 days. Areas will get over 30" of rain.

HEY CBG..TEXT ME YOUR NUMBER BUD...I WENT SWIMMING WITH MY PHONE THE DAY YOU TEXT ME..i responded and my phone took an hour swim. Rice DOES NOT work.

CBG and FJF like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

jaywayne showing up on tgg is now akin to TWC's Jim Cantore showing up on a beach. bad weather for someone somewhere.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  9. jaywayne12

lol....FJF!!! How are you buddy!!

Well...loud and clear....this Harvey fellow is going to headline for more than a week. This has catastrophic written all over it. Even Houston will have a problem surviving this one for awhile. Its not major...its over the top.

Speed...it will have none...and will go nowhere fast. Rain? Record breaker. Wind? This was modeled poorly and they have 24 hours to fix it by warning this area BIG TIME. Its going to be a real bad situation. It meanders 50 miles inland then crawls back to the Gulf of Mexico before crawling along the coast for 3 days.

Br4d and FJF like this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i just looked for the first time after seeing this, wow. i hope everyone heeds the evacuations. that thing is just going to sit there for 3 days destroying stuff? those poor folks. i told my wife when we left florida, snow storms are better then 'canes.

11. jaywayne12

Right?

Im kind of surprised it got such little attention on the major networks until now. The models being wrong have been out there for 24 hours...and now that they are catching up? FJF....Parts of Texas are going to disappear for awhile..and some parts that do will never be the same. 6-12 foot storm surge for the Gulf of Mexico? Hope they are making a huge case for this down from Texas to Louisiana.....from the coast to 80 miles inland...at least.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

That text was from my jail cell and you were my ONE CALL-------> lmao
    good to see you posting, stick around a while you are missed .

Br4d likes this.
  13. jaywayne12

ha!! I just remember the last one that morning stating directions...then a swim...then no phone for me til Monday. SORRY BUDDY!!! GOT YOUR TEXT!!

Sad story for Texas...and when you hear how many people are staying put...well...there will be too many casualties considering the amount of warnings to get out. This will be an ugly ugly seven day period starting tonight.

Check out the track of this thing...landfall this evening..sits...back over water...drifts east...second landfall...in less than several hundred miles...over A WEEK PERIOD. This will be one for the record books in many horrible ways.

This track only goes out til Wednesday...but the EURO has this storm in about the same spot until NEXT Friday.

link: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graph...ind+png/092407_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

wow,,,,,how in the hell could this thing basically sit still for that long ?

15. jaywayne12

high pressure to the northwest over the middle of the country and one just west of Florida..its locked with nowhere to go. It will survive 12 high tides. They are underestimating what this thing is capable of doing over 6 days. The water...I mean...this is unheard of.

16. jaywayne12

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

this is going to be sick ,,,,hopefully this thing somehow moves and the models are wrong

19. jaywayne12

Hmmm...Houston is a tough one. Its almost like evacuating nyc for Sandy. Not needed but who knows. Houston will be paralyzed. No doubt.

CBG likes this.
  20. jaywayne12

What the coast of Texas needs is for this thing to come ashore and even while it meanders around...does not go back out over the ocean. Its not automatic that if it were to go back out over the ocean...that it would restrengthen. It could...but you dont want it throwing ocean back at you again.

Once this thing makes landfall...it will all be about the rain...for the most part. Will someone get over 40" of rain? Would say yes. Cant wrap the ole brain around that number.