Does it make sense to go out and get a decent receiver for the right price?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I'll preface by saying I am in the "tank for a QB this year" group. Nevertheless, we all know Hack will be playing a significant part of the season whether he starts week 1 or not. I want him to have at least a few decent weapons so we can see what this kid is made of. Although ASJ and Forte should be adequate, having Robby Anderson as our #1 is beyond poor.

So does it make sense to go out and either scoop up whats best after preseason cuts or perhaps trade a late draft pick for a proven vet? If so, who do you think we can realistically get for a low asking price?

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If we sign a vet after cuts, who cares won't make much difference. We absolutely should not be trading any picks for anyone. In fact we should be trading anyone not part of the future for as many picks as possible. Hopefully Sheldon has a huge first half cause he's just about the only one that applies.

3. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

If you don't give up anything but cash, sure, why not.

egelband and Royal Tee like this.
  4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

If I were the gm, nah. we have plenty of young WR's... somebody gotta stick. Robby and Quincy are probably going to be penciled in for the next few years . This is a good year to get alllllll those young guys some rep. ASJ looks like he's ready to be a safety blanket, he can be hacks go to. Id love to see Hack's big arm combined with those speedy young WR's. We didn't draft them to have them warm benches.

TonyFtLaud, NYJetsO12 and RuJFan like this.
  5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I agree with @Rextasy, this team should be selling not buying. Let's figure out what we have in the youngins to determine if there's something to build off. I hope the days of trading draft picks are gone.

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

No picks or young players for vets who will not be in the league in a year or 2. If they were able to get a young player, on a rookie contract with 2-4 years left, then maybe give up a player but doubt that happens unless some team really needs a player like Richardson.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We should definitely bring in some cuts if they look better than what we have. Keep churning the bottom of the roster, it's how you improve depth and find hidden gems. I'd imagine there will be a few WRs in for workouts days after the cut down

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Are you sure 2 years from now there won't be a movement to fire Macc because he gave up a ton of cash for a washed out WR in 2017 OS? You know... proof of incompetence....

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

always be improving. if we have the chance to land a good young WR at a decent price then yes. but i wouldn't give up anything for an older player outside of cash and a 1 year cheap deal

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

These WR's are young and they need guidance. I was happy we had Deck and Marsh and figured one would stay. It feels as if we are doing Sanchez allllllllover again. No Receivers, O-line, RB on his downside, Powell and a solid D.

11. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

It's swim or sink time for Hack and Petty - otherwise it's <insert 2018 top draft pick qb name here> turn.

Royal Tee likes this.
  12. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt move any picks. Jets might need them to move up in the draft next year.

Leicester Jet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Yes, we need a few WR's ,but we should conserve all possible picks. Next years draft will shape up this team and with a new head coach, maybe we'll amount to something.

14. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

It's unfair to the QB's and to the fans if they don't. Eddie Royal is still out there.

We'd better pick up a vet or two once cuts come.

This reminds me a bit of 1995 when we were told how great Ryan Yarborough was going to be.

Though at least we had this gritty little walk on wearing #3 catching everything in pre season.

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

agree this is gonna be a 95 redux when finished.

16. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's almost cruel and unusual punishment to give a qb nothing to lean on. But maybe some of the guys they have show something in TC. So I guess they're in a Wait-and-See mode.

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Eddie Royal, the 31 year old who has all of 600 yards over the last 2 seasons while missing 14 of 32 games? Which young WR that may have a future would you like to cut so that Royal can pick up a paycheck or 2 before he ends up on IR?

FJF likes this.
  18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This guy plays in Tennessee and would probably love to get traded to the big apple.....I think he's pretty good...thoughts? 2 yrs ago he had 100+ catches and over 1000 yards.
    [​IMG]

JetLifeLo, donkey and Royal Tee like this.
  19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Sheldon for Allen Robinson and a 2nd round pick. *drunk*

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

20. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Dudes been on 3 teams in 4 years, must be something wrong with him.

JetLifeLo likes this.