Shouldn't Bowles AND Maccagnan be fired if the Jets Tank?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Aug 10, 2017.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

If mac doesn't start addressing the OL in the draft he should be on the way out--FOUR DB and zero OL in 2017 draft? Two OL drafted and both in the 5th round in 3 years. You play FIVE OL at a time, more than any other position. look at the cowboys and you'll see what a decent OL can do.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

To be fair, Bowles will play a lot of 6 db formations

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Mac spent the previous GM's nest egg like a drunken sailor and got one winning season out of it. Got the team back in the shitty cap situation it was in before, and now is blowing up the team yet again.

They should have let the previous GM have another year or two to build. You can argue he was a shitty drafter, but Mac hasn't proven to be any better.

FJF and Peebag like this.
  4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Right. That rule was there as well.

But it's Macc's fault.

And - blame Macc for drafting Hack in 2nd round all you want. Idzik could have drafted Derek Carr a year ago. Why don't you give him your thanks from the bottom of your heart?

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It is not false or biased.

Yes, there were several of us who post on this board who wanted to roll with Geno and re-sign Fitz (including me), but I don't think we were in the majority, or even close to being in the majority, and that's just this site, which is a tiny fraction of Jets fans. I know for a fact that the media, Bowles, some of the Jets players, and most likely, Woody all wanted Fitz back. Do honestly think that the majority of fans wanted Geno starting again? If so, that's completely laughable. Fairly or not, if the Jets didn't re-sign Fitz and rolled with Geno, Geno would have been booed off the field the instant he stepped on the field. Even if the majority of fans did want Geno and no Fitz, if Mac had done that he would have been fired. Woody set up the dumb org chart that way because he believed that Idzik undermined Rex and didn't support him. There's no way that Mac could have gone against Bowles wishes and kept his job. You have to pick your battles in life. It has absolutely nothing to do with Mac growing a set of balls, but rather your growing a brain.

6. NCJetsfan

Dude, stick to your Pats, because you're clueless when it comes to the Jets. Yeah, you'd have liked it if Idzik hung around another couple of years. If he had the Jets would have been dead in the water for the next 5-10 years. Out of two drafts and twenty some draft picks, I think something like only 3 or 4 are still in the NFL (if that many). He had alienated the FO personnel. He was clueless on scouting and pro personnel. He had not idea how to build a roster. He was too cautious and slow to act.

Mac is 10x better, if not 100x.

RuJFan likes this.
  7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Just stick to worrying about showing respect to Myra. At least your BS would be useful there.

Walt White likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It absolutely is biased. Regardless, Mac needs to make his own decisions. Fanbase or not. Bowles press conference or not. I want a GM that does what's best for the team. So far, I don't know. Mac caved at the end, we saw how he raised the contract at the end.

"Growing a brain" is giving your roster 3 QBs to look at instead of 4.

FJF likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jet fans have to hope Mac learned his lesson, he blew it up 2 years too late, but now that he's blown it up. It's time to see what he can do.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

But if a mirrored path happening here. Deshaun Watson may become Derek Carr. So we have idzic and mac with a stud dl in the 1st.controversial qb in the 2nd. 1st rd dbs and now the possibility they passed a franchise qb because of said 2nd rd qbs the year before.
    Absolutely fascinating when you think about it

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Not really.

If you remember, class of 2014 was hailed as a really deep QB class, unlike the 2016 draft. Last year was one of the weaker QB draft class, as far as I can remember. [Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson and Deshone Kizer? Give me a break.] They certainly didn't disappoint, with Carr rising to the top. As far as this QB class is concerned, I have an absolute confidence that nobody will stay with their current team beyond their rookie contract.

We knew '14 would be a better year to draft a QB than '13. Yes. A full year ahead. Not just us, but the world knew it too. So - Idzik reaches for Geno then walks away from Derek. [If "Picking until one of them sticks" was the mantra, he had to stay on course and pick Carr when he had a chance. Jets drafted Calvin Pryor that year - and you know where he is now.] Not quite the same situation, I'd have to tell you. [Trubisky/Watson/Kizer were not half as highly hailed as any of the QB kids from '14, for all I can remember.]

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

IMHO MCC should have been axed the second it became known that he struck out on the Dak P pick :mad:

13. NCJetsfan

Typical nonsense. Prescott was not that good a prospect. Without Elliott, I think Prescott is gonna have a big-time sophomore slump.

BleedingGreen55 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

What 69 is yapping is certainly a fine example of his typical insane blabbering, but I think Elliott is not the main reason for Prescott's success.

IMO both Elliott and Prescott benefitted from superior OL of Cowboys and fed off each other. D focused on Elliott = Dak kills them; D focuses of Dak = Elliott kills them. And OL allows to do both

15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

U r 0 for 16126 posts in bringing VLT to NYJ thru TGG
    U should have been axed after the second :mad: :mad: :mad:

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  16. championjets69

Someday U to would finally shucked your green blinders just as sect 314 has done & U will C that what I wrote in all my 16,000 odd posts was completely correct :mad:

17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Now U r 0 for 16127 posts in bringing VLT to NYJ thru TGG

And I can make more :mad: than U!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

and that makes me a better fan :mad:

FJF likes this.
  18. championjets69

No all it's show is how silly U r which makes U R like others as just a blah poster on the TGG:mad:

19. NCJetsfan

There's no doubt that the OL is a huge factor, but I think Elliott took a huge burden off of Prescott, and made it much easier for him to relax and not have to worry about carrying the offense. With Elliott gone, there will be more pressure on Prescott. In addition, I just don't think he's that good. I quite possibly am wrong, but I saw him play a number of times in college and was never impressed with him.