Best team in a long while....look out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Jul 29, 2017.

1. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Haaaaaaaaaa!!!

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Did we pick up a new qb since I went to bed?

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2017 Jets juggernaut! Look out NFL!

Jets69 likes this.
  4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Your transformation on your views of the NYJs is totally amazing! :mad:

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

So....after one preseason game has anybody's mind changed in favor of our 2017 team? You got to see our D play very well, and you got to see Hack play semi-non-retarded. Or are you more convinced than ever we're going to suck for Sam?

6. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I think suck for Sam has been put on hold for some but others it's full steam ahead Darnold....no matter how promising our season is. I for one actually was ok with the offence and came away impressed by the defence. It's one preseason game hope they build on it.

tbruner12 likes this.
  7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Our defense will keep us in games but our offense will keep us out of them and will be historically bad. Our ceiling is still 4 games.

sec314, Burnz, Peebag and 1 other person like this.
  8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

My brain agrees with this statement but my heart said if a lot of things happen we can play competitive football. Our defense potentially could be good enough to keep us in games. McNown could be an upgrade over Fitz, ASJ could add a weapon at TE and our WRs could be better than we thought. But it all comes down to OL play. How well will the OL play? Can they give the QB time? Can they sustain a running game. My expectation was there are to many ifs on the OL with everyone but Carpenter being a question mark. But, if the OL plays well we could be a competitive team.

Realistically, I know there are to many things that need to go right for this team but I do like the future potential of the Jets and the direction we are headed. A good defense gives you a chance to win every week, add a QB next year and strengthen the OL and we could be very good in the long term.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i love your optimistic view and passion for our team!
    however, let's not start measuring any of them for a bust in canton just yet.....( who said that? oh yeah, it was that tuna guy...)

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

with all due respect, please, somebody other than another usc qb!

tbruner12 likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone on the Jets is in "Suck for Sam mode"...they're obviously going to play hard. And I don't believe in tanking either, but I do worry that they'll win "too much" and put themselves in draft purgatory. That's the curse of being a Jets fan I guess - "damned if you do; dmaned if you don't".

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

You get off on listening to one side of phone conversations, because that is pretty much what you just did.
    How's that for insight?

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You complain about people posting without substance when you post like a teenage girl, that's my insight on it

14. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

The defense will be good - likely top 10. Its the offense that has the possibility of being a complete disaster.

The defense will be good for 4 wins. The rest is on the offense. If they let Hack play and he is a franchise QB in the making then playoffs are possible, otherwise they'll probably end up with 5-7 wins, just enough to make sure they don't get a top draft pick.

Their defense will be too good to end up winless or with one of the worst records in the league.

15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I am not saying people are overestimating our defense, but after a half or more of 3 and outs on the offense, the defense is not going to be the same 3rd/4th quarter in most games.

Therefore the defense is really not going to be good enough to keep us in most games, most first halves yes, but we will still lose a majority of games by double digits. I'd day 4 wins in the ceiling.
    Prediction is 2-14.

westiedog1 likes this.
  16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I agree with your post except for this part. I don't think there's enough offensive talent surrounding Hackenberg to make this possible even if he does prove his mettle as a FQB. Nevertheless, it would still be good news for the Jets because it's a lot easier to find playmakers in the draft than FQBs.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It would be just like this useless franchise to win just enough games (4) to make sure they have no chance of getting a franchise qb in the next draft. That would be fine with Maccagnan who could then draft another safety or DL and tells us how he took the BPA. That will insure another 10 years of mediocrity. The last time we had a chance for the number 1 pick (manning) he decided to stay in school another year rather than be a jet. Let's see what happens this time.

18. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Or...OR....Hack is that guy, therefore we do not need a top pick to draft a QB that may or may not be a franchise QB...

Let's get it this year. 4-1 start. Book it.

19. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Right now, Robbie Anderson is our #1 WR.

I really have no hope for this season.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. likes this.
  20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

We should have signed DGB 10 days ago and we should be in the process of trading for a receiver.