Do You Agree With Richard Sherman?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Aug 3, 2017.

?

Do you agree with Richard Sherman that the Jets should sign Kaepernick?

1. Yes, the Jets QBs suck and he would be a good upgrade.

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. No, he's not worth the PR headache and worse draft picks

29 vote(s)
    80.6%
  1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Highly priced veteran QBs are only worth it on teams that are arguably a QB away from contending for a title. This does not describe the Jets. The Jets are much better served developing and evaluating their draft picks while going through a down year.

We owe Kaepernick nothing. We should not hurt the teams future to appease some social justice warriors like Richard Sherman while doing nothing to make this team better short or long term. Certainly not at that position.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Patriot, ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Nobody wants this asshole on their team. If he wore a black panthers bandana nobody would have given a fuck. Instead he chose to piss on the flag & country and insult every member of law enforcement. Seriously fuck this guy, go sell used cars or something you are finished in this league.

#42 GordonGecko, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  3. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I would first like to thank you for your service to this country and for the sacrifices made by your family. I also have had both family and dear friends that have made a huge sacrifice for this country. Perhaps the Romans had the right idea when it came to rewarding veterans.

To answer your question, I was also not to happy with Bennett and McCourty either. I think Belichick should have benched them for their actions. I am not suggesting that Kaepernick or any player should be banned from playing football. All I am saying is I am sympathetic to an owner who wishes not to hire Kaepernick. If Kaepernick were to apologize for his actions, I would be willing to forgive and forget. Had the NFL and its coaches done their job and punished Kaepernick for his actions immediately, this would be a dead issue. For a league that punishes its players for not wearing the right outfits, I am amazed they are willing to ignore this.

If we are to come together as you say, can we agree that disrupting the National Anthem or a Moment of Silence is not the right way to make a point and should be considered very offensive?

4. Patriot

Curt Schilling has a lot of views and sometime I wish he would just shut up. So I am not sure which view of his offends you if not all of his views.

So my question to you would be, what if Kap decides to continue protesting the national anthem, what would you do then?

5. Patriot

Again a very articulate argument by you. I have no problem with Kaepernick expressing his views. I do disagree with you that he had no avenue to make his points. He easily could have brought his concerns during press interviews and post game statements. They would have gotten the same affect.

Perhaps this is a bad analogy, but here goes. If I interrupted a family funeral of yours to ask you to consider my plight, would you not have the right to be offended?

6. Patriot

Very pragmatic football argument. I just hope the Jets do a better job this time developing and evaluating their roster. God knows Jets fans have suffered enough.

It is not going to be pretty this year, but as long as the Jets are a better team at the end of the year and are going in the right direction that is all I can wish for.

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

ESPN fired Schilling for his views, but supports CK views.

Just saying ...

8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I agree with what Sherm was saying entirely..

However, we just aren't looking for help from the outside. We aren't looking to win games this year.. we're looking to build home grown young talent. It's a complete rebuild. Kaep signing here wouldn't be beneficial for him rebuilding his career nor the jets rebuilding the franchise.

with that being said I think Kaep is an awesome person doing awesome things and I am really rooting for him. Hope he gets a job somewhere soon!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

To answer your question, yes I would probably be offended if you interrupted a family funeral, but that is a choice. I wouldn't have to choose to be offended. I could instead choose to simply say, "I'm sorry, but this isn't the right time. Here's my card, call me later and I'll be happy to listen."

How is a family funeral analogous to the Star Spangled Banner? Are you saying that the playing/singing of the SSB is a solemn event? If so, I agree that it should be, but I think playing it before every single sporting event, cheapens it and lessens the solemnity of it. I've sung the SSB for a number of public events, both sporting and otherwise such as Memorial Day Observances, or community gatherings. There is a marked difference in the attitudes of people and their level of participation during the singing of the SSB at sporting events and other gatherings. At sporting events many people are laughing, talking, drinking, and not paying any attention whatsoever or participating. I know that I've heard a number of people say over the years that they find it (the singing and playing of the SSB before the game) an annoyance. They just want to get on with the game.

Is that any less disrespectful than what Kaepernick did? I don't think so, yet, I don't hear anyone complaining about those people and that attitude. Kaepernick was quietly kneeling. He wasn't laughing, talking or drinking, or doing anything else to aurally distract or disturb people was he?

#49 NCJetsfan, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    westiedog1 likes this.
  10. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

NC, you're my favorite poster to disagree with, but both your posts here are spot-on.

NCJetsfan, TonyFtLaud and westiedog1 like this.
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is the perfect media market to bring in a controversial player who may or may not be able to still play QB at a decent level.

The local papers are overwhelmingly supportive of "our Jets" and function as cheerleaders for the team, helping to sell tickets and keeping dirt under the rug where it belongs.

Cman68 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  12. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

OK, I gotta ask...

Perfect for whom, the media or CK?

'cuse it's sure as hell not good for Jets.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Crap, should have loaded the sarcasm a bit heaver... :)

Cman68, TwoHeadedMonster and RuJFan like this.
  14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

all right, you got me there :)

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Sometimes I miss shit!

Bite me! :p

FJF likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm almost afraid to ask, but why am I your favorite poster to disagree with? LOL

18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Ha! When we disagree, it leads to a good discussion in which I always learn something, whether it changes my overall opinion or not. Further, in most cases, you seem to do a good job acknowledging other posters good points and incorporating them into your thoughts for the long term.

Of course, like all of us, sometimes you're just wrong, stubborn, or just dumb. Can't hold that against anybody, though, we all do those things from time to time. I sure do.

19. Patriot

Ok so you are referring to the bathroom post on trans genders. Since Schilling was right wing, his days with ESPN were numbered.

I now understand your argument which does have a lot of merit.

20. Patriot

I think the SSB should be sung as often as possible. I think the pledge of allegiance should be recited in all public schools. I think every citizen of this country should serve at least 2 years in the military so they have an idea what sacrifices our military folks have done for us. The fact that people think the SSB is an annoyance illustrates the very spoiled nature of these folks. But maybe you are right and I am just an old fool with grand ideas of American patriotism. Maybe the ideas of Mills, Montaigne, Locke, and Paine are flawed and its basically every man for himself. But if we can't come together as Americans, how will we ever come together? Is it really to much to ask, that athletes who are being paid quite well, respect the few minutes that is required for the SSB? Also to answer your question, as to the people in the stands who decide to ignore the SSB, their behavior is rude and offensive. However, since they are not in the middle of the field like Kaep, their rudeness is not as obvious and as profound.