The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

"[They] best not make any more threats to [us]. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen. He has been very threatening beyond a normal state, and as I said, they will be met with fire and fury, and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before."

First I thought Kim was talking about Trump. Then I realized Trump said it. This is why I voted for Hillary.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

WW3 is going to be epic! /s

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Those are definitely problems, but they are addressing two different things. When hospitals charge x amount for services and medicine it is usually because they have negotiated those amounts with insurance companies who have agreed to pay them no questions asked. It's why patients historically disputed those costs when not using insurance and have them reduced.

It's the same nowadays; when I go for routine procedures I tell them I don't have insurance and pay $100 for services my insurance would approve for $1000 but I'd have to pay because of my ridiculous ACA deductible. Basically my insurance doesn't cover basic procedures anymore and is merely to have in case of catastrophe.

Doctors charging for services that they don't personally provide is a different issue.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Does Trump own anything in Guam?

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

For Guam's sake I hope so.. God help them if not..

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Just a question, not to say there is something to the Russian election bruhaha, but if they determine Trump was guilty of collusion, do they
    A. Boot him and bring in Pence, because wouldn't he be guilty by association
    B. Boot both and bring in Paul Ryan
    or
    C. Bring in Hellary

7. Cman68

Whatever the order of succession requires..

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. The Waterboy

That would be Pence, then Ryan and then Orin Hatch. But if they came to the conclusion that there was collusion between the campaign and Russia would they be able to block Pence from taking over? I hadn't seen it brought up in the news anywhere so was wondering if anyone had read anything about it.

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

There is no such crime as "collusion", outside of antitrust , therefore it would be impossible to be found guilty of it.

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Allow me to ask a couple questions, no agenda necessary, just curious what u think......
    First, do you think practicing physicians set these prices?........
    Second, if healthcare is a right, then should it be reserved for legal citizens?

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

For their own practices? Sure.

Theoretically, no, but there needs to be some realism in how it gets paid for.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"and frankly, power the likes of which....."

^ yeah, that syntax just screams 'Kim Jong Un'

Cman68 likes this.
  13. The Waterboy

I wasn't speaking of a specific crime called collusion but there must be a crime they have in mind when pursuing this investigation.

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Obviously then Pence would be sworn in, but it is never going to happen.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. Cman68

Try money laundering for starters..

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Ok.....i cannot speak for the entire physician community but i do believe if that really was the case, our system would be much more efficient and folks would be paying much less for many, many services. Not quite a free market, but in some ways, yes.

The individual and small group practice doesn't negotiate any of the prices. Rather they are dictated by the gov't - private insurance web that instead has captured most physicians. Lower reimbursements, increased insurance rates, and electronic record shifts have all caused many to close up shop and head to the larger, hospital sponsored physician groups. As a bandaid, the insurers and gov't make you cough up copays and deductibles to indirectly pay for the services.

The entire complex from the insurance providers, congress, AMA, and all health related companies are to blame. Poorly written legislation allows rampant internal abuse that continually drives up costs which both the doctor and patient have to absorb.

Full disclosure - i know its a pipe dream but i would fully support a partial free market, partial gov't sponsored system. Yes maybe a single payer/regulator (gov't) that is funneled down thru private companies that sell specific types of health insurance.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

EMR was a disgraceful handout to the insurance industry. Doctors now work several hours a night at home after work to keep up with the transactional requirements the law requires.

When the laws were passed they should have included a required employee hired and fully paid for by the insurance industry to handle that workload.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

We have some nazi nationalists making America great again in Virginia today...

20. The Waterboy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.