How do you expect Hackenberg to look this pre season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Aug 10, 2017.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Im expecting him to look like his normal shaky self, and I also predict that most on this board will make excuses for him.

Watson looked really good last night FYI

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Its so hard to tell how players look in preseason. Starters who know they will make the team just want to get their work in to prepare for the season opener and not get injured. Players who try to make a good impression might be doing so against some other teams scrubs/backups. So many times you see teams go undefeated in preseason but fall apart in the regular season when the games count. If the Jets really want to get a good look at Hackenberg them have him start against the Bills and go from there. At least this way we can see if he can handle it when it counts.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I remember in 2000 when Rick Mirer looked great in pre season

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I'm expecting him to look like an inexperienced qb with plenty of talent. He'll probably look a bit uneven at times and all world at other times. Maybe hit a big pass or two but also make a bad decision along the way. I predict that the bad decision will be dissected ad nauseum while the good throws are largely ignored. At the end of the game I think he will showed there is something to build on.
    As far as the o.p., It seems like people are expecting good qb right from the gate.we have to stop expecting to catch lightning in a bottle and start giving players time to develop.

6. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

I really don't expect much. He will be playing g with the second or third string players in all likelihood which means a bad OL.

BrowningNagle and Peebag like this.
  7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Better then he looked last year in the preaseason. Then again, he has no weapons.

At all.

Nowhere to go but up in the regular season.

Side note: wouldn't it be great if some of those passes that beaned reporters were intentional?

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Oh boy, yet another dumb thread created by Jethro Tull.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

PSU is a good school and he is good kid from nice family like Petty

I wish him well after football career done

10. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I just hope he looks nothing like the Hackenberg that played the eagles last pre-season... still the worst Quarterbacking performance I ever remember seeing. It was awful, I mean super bad.

That first drive In the 3rd game I believe vs the Giants last year he looked pretty damn sharp though.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think its going to be ugly. Reports from camp are that his lows are low and he's been holding onto the ball too much. Not good for preseason play when you consider the offensive line is terrible, especially the 2nd and 3rd units, which is what he will be playing with primarily.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He may get time with the 1st string line and receivers (whoever those are) in the first couple of games. If he looks comfortable out there and can move the team he'll be the starter this year. If he doesn't he'll probably be a cut before camp is over in 2018.