Will the Juice be set loose?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Yisman, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

"If the gloves don't fit you must acquit." Good job Chris. Couldn't believe how fat he's gotten. Marsha, and the others, moved on to some degree. Darden not so much.

#41 Walt White, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

well he's the only guy that didn't get a cable show & some plastic surgery

[​IMG]

3. Walt White

Lol

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

OJ has been skiing in Telluride all along. You can't fake that snow goggle tan line.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's a shame how much of a race war the trial turned into. It was all about race. And as the ESPN documentary outlines, the jury that was selected had to be people that were likely unemployed and could basically spend 9 months at a trial (267 days I believe).

It might be readily available, but were ANY of the jurors employed? I guess you can't technically get fired for jury duty but I have to imagine most were unemployed.

As far as the current case goes, the ruling was correct. The sentence was way too harsh IMO and that was hardly a true armed robbery, especially being as he's the only guy that really got the book thrown at him. That was maybe a three year behind bars sentence and obviously the judge wanted to fry him for his acquitted murders.

If he wants to try to save face he should try to pay back some money to the Goldman's. I imagine he'll do plenty of interviews.

I also wonder if he started drawing from his NFL pension at 55? If he did it amounts to somewhere around $4,000/month. If he waited til 65 it's closer to $10,000/month. I highly doubt he waited. But I wonder if this is information that can be found, or if anyone knows?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

3 men entered the room with a gun, held a man hostage and robbed him of his property, two of the men worked as body guards for the third. How is that "hardly a true robbery"? Not to be a dick JV, but if it was your face they stuck the gun in, you may have a different opinion.

The irony is, the guy they robbed is now great friends with OJ, he spoke at the parole hearing in favor of his release. Even said he'd give him a ride home if he needed one.

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

the magnitude of whoring surrounding everything OJ is unprecedented in human history

8. Walt White

I'm expecting him on the sidelines to do some reporting for ESPN on Monday Night Football this season.

#48 Walt White, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/nati...l-Costs-Prosecuting-OJ-Simpson-436232553.html

After O.J. Simpson was granted parole in a highly covered hearing Thursday, Christopher Darden recalled the personal costs he paid for being one of the Los Angeles prosecutors who tried the 1994 murder case against the former athlete.

The former prosecutor spoke with NBC News about that famous trial, saying it was "a very dangerous time" for him. Darden explained that he and his family were harassed and threatened by those who didn't agree with the prosecution and he was seen as a "traitor" to his own race.

"I was in a constant state of anger," Darden said.

Darden also revealed to NBC News for the first time that a week after the verdict he took a phone call from an unlikely mentor: Bill Cosby.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/20/news/o-j-simpson-retirement-income/index.html

Simpson was granted parole on Thursday, and is set to be released from prison Oct. 1. Beyond any money he can make from selling autographs or other memorabilia, Simpson, who is 70, will probably have significant retirement income.

Simpson reportedly has $5 million in contributions to a retirement plan run by the Screen Actor's Guild, according to USA Today. The exact amount of money now in that account is known only to Simpson and his financial advisers.

And of course, there's his football career, which affords him an NFL pension.

The NFL won't say how much he'll get, and it's hard to estimate without knowing some key details, such as when he decided to start collecting benefits. But according to the NFL benefits formula, he could receive as much as $100,680 a year if he waited until age 65 to start drawing his pension.

Ex-players have the option of receiving benefits as young as 45, or can start at 55, but financial advisers say it pays to wait till 65.

"That's what I'm doing," said Jeff Nixon, a former NFL player who is an expert on the league's pension plan who advises retired players. "And that's what I recommend to all former players, because from age 55 to age 65 the pension plan monthly payment increases by 260%."

So Simpson could have amassed more than $500,000 in NFL pension benefits while in prison if he waited until 65. If he started at age 55, he would have accumulated $566,000 in benefits up until now, but he'd only get about $47,000 a year going forward.

Once he leaves prison, Simpson can also start collecting Social Security for the first time. Felons don't get benefits while they're in prison, but they are eligible for them when they're released. Benefits are based on lifetime earnings and retirement age, and the maximum current benefit for someone retiring at age 70 is $3,538 a month, or about $42,000 a year.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Cos would be a good guy to talk to if you need help with relaxation techniques.

#51 Dierking, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Walt White and FJF like this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Long story short,
    He'll be ok

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Basically, lol. Because of the SAG and NFL Pension he'll likely live a relatively wealthy life actually. I'm sure reporters will throw tons of money at him for appearances and interviews too.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah I guess so. But I don't know. It doesn't seem to fit in my mind of what a true armed robbery is, but then again I think of holding up a 711 or something when I think armed robbery. Especially since OJ Simpson wasn't the one wielding the gun was he? That's also hardly kidnapping.

15. Walt White

Dude is righteous

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I doubt he would worry too much about doing interviews since most of it would go to the Goldmans, he still owes them over $50M with the interest added. His pensions are protected so he doesn't have to pay them a dime from those and if he is truly innocent as he proclaims he probably wouldn't want to give them anything.

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Using a gun to rob someone doesn't seem to fit in your mind of what a true armed robbery is? The kidnapping I'm guessing is because OJ ordered his accomplices to not let anyone leave the room.

18. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Charley Manson never killed anyone, wasn't even there...
    If it were OJ and two friends, I might agree with you, but it was OJ and two hired muscle (bodyguards). That's a different level of crime.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OJ will be going to live in Florida a "stand your ground " firearms state. Predict he will be dead in a year..

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter