My advice to Woody Johnson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jul 19, 2017.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Tony hit the points I was trying to make. I agree, everyone tries to find an advantage. Woody did want him back tho.

2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You're bitching about Jets hiring GMs with no experience and then want to hire someone with no GM experience.

You are a fucking IMBECILE.

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't believe Woody wanted Revis.

4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

It would be great to bring in a proven winner at Head Coach, but to do that in today's league you're going to have to give them full control and I don't think this ownership is willing to do such a thing, so we'll continue to chase the hot coordinator name and hope to find our Dan Quinn, although I still believe we could've had him if we weren't so damn inpatient a few years ago.

5. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

oops I meant you Tony, dotage again I guess.

6. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

You realize most jet fans are rabidly delusional. Anytime something goes wrong, Woody's fault. Overpay, woodys fault. Dont get the FA, woodys fault. If the jets hired Sean Payton and he shit the bed, who do you think the deplorables will blame. Face it, some people on this board act like they have every room bugged in florham park and MetLife, x coach is there buddy and is the godfather of x player. All delusional mamalukes. Just lurk and laugh at the absurdity.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

WTF? Woody said in interviews that he wanted Revis. It's common knowledge. I remember hearing him say it, it's been discussed on here before, and has been in the news again this year before Darrelle was released. He was lucky the NFL didn't hit him with a tampering charge.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/02/20/new-jets-tampering-darrelle-revis-woody-johnson-patriots/

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...hnson-s-comments-on-darrelle-revis-1.10343060

http://www.espn.com/new-york/nfl/st...is-tampering-following-woody-johnson-comments

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-johnson-meddles-with-darrelle-revis-decision

What's next? Are you going to tell us that you don't believe that the earth is round?

#67 NCJetsfan, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Woody was charged with tampering in the Revis deal. In fact you posted a link to it there...

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Woody answered one question from one reporter at a presser. Only NE band of assholes would even consider blowing it into tempering. Of course they needed something, anything to destruct people from dwflated balls and add to "everyone is cheating" narrative.

10. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Dan Quinn is a stooge who single-handedly cost his team the championship.

I give Dmitroff and Pioli all the success there.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks for the correction. What I meant to say, and should have said, is that we are lucky that the Jets weren't made to forfeit draft picks or something more severe (like giving compensation to the Pats) than Woody having to pay a fine.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

To each their own. To me the HC has to do something and Quinn has done more in ATL than Bowles has done here.

Yes, there are things that went horribly wrong in the second half of the Super Bowl and a lot of that falls on Quinn, but I'd take him here over Bowles in a second.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Yep.The tampering charge was extremely weak..so much so that when the Patriots filed the complaint the Jets almost immediately filed their own against the Patriots for similar activity from Kraft. Of course the jets took the sanction

I do think it's common knowledge however that Woody mandated Mac to bring back Revis.He wanted to save face from the Holdout debacle from 2 years prior.Whether he truly tampered or not is up for debate.

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

How did that become a common knowledge?
    I can tell you how it happens on TGG

- In the Revis thread someone suggests it was Woody's idea
    - one of dozen usual suspects makes a funny gif of Woody
    - Woody's balls are trashed for ~ 3 pages and....

viola!! "Woody mandated Mac to bring back Revis" Common knowledge!

[​IMG]

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Holy smokes U have finally seen the light! Amazing transformation! :mad:

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The only way to overcome the Ambassador Woody effect is to win games despite his antics That means getting quality players They are not rehiring Todd Bowles at this rate and anything is better than that putz Many a coach gets a promotion because the Jets are an unpopular landing spot for too many reasons. The GM should have the ok to get rid of him but Bowles will be gone in time for us to pick a blue chip QB anyway Hope it works out that way because the team is a mess except for the defense of course

Jmho

17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

MEMO to woody: quit wasting money on over-the-hill, never won anything "mentors " /old qbs on the ACTIVE roster.

it has not worked before, nor will it work now /future.

if your young qbs need a mentor, hire that guy as part of the COACHING staff.

spend the $6 million not on a mc cown, but on a mentor for the front office. polihan, casserly, wolf , you know , a guy who actually won a super bowl or two!

doing what you have been doing, without getting the desired results, is the very definition of insanity.
    the rebuild will not succeed unless you stop handicapping the process by not changing your style of management.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

good points. if the jets use next year's first round/low pick on a qb, bring in a gruden or holmgren to be the hc/qb mentor.

you might even keep the current oc and just bring in a dc or elevate kevin greene to that position.

NYJetsO12 likes this.