Is Kevin Greene this teams future Head Coach in waiting?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Jul 15, 2017.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

What makes him qualified to be a head coach?He hasn't proven anything in the small time he has been one.He has never been a coordinator ....defensive or other

2. LongIslandBlitz

Rex at least had a stronger resume then Bowles as a DC.Bowles was a DC for 2 seasons Rex was the DC of a team that won the Super Bowl and was one for close to 8 years I believe.Todd Bowles isn't as good of a playcaller on defense and it isn't even debatable.

tbruner12 likes this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Not true. Rex was not a DC on a SB winner. Marvin Lewis was in their 1st and Rex was with us on the 2nd. Rex might be done now through his own assclownery. He was DC for 5 years, and was passed on by Ozzie Newsome to relace Brian Billick as HC in favor of a ST coach, John Harbaugh, who proceeded to win a SB. TB won one as a player and has a fine career in the NFL, and hopefully for us continues to have one. Btw, fuck Rex and his toe jam.

NCJetsfan and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Marvin Lewis was the DC of the 2000 Ravens. Rex was DL coach. But you're right about him having a stronger DC resume. Even though they did not win a SB when Rex was DC, they had a very good defense under him for many years. Nevertheless, in football, it's "what have you done for me lately." I think the lesson to be learned from both Rex and Bowles, is that you can't win by concentrating on defense at the expense of the offense.

5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Possibly as a replacement for Bowles if he was fired in November, but I can't see him as a long-term Head Coach. His style likely wouldn't resonate with today's players for more than half a season. He, however, will be a great OLB coach for this defense and I think we'll finally have some consistency getting to the QB from that position because of him.

6. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Rex took a pair of teams to two AFC championship games, despite having a piece of shit QB. Our defense has went down hill since Rex's departure.
    Rex did things that Mangina, or Toilet Bowles doesn't/didn't seem capable of doing. Put it this way, if Rex was our coach and any QB we may have had sets JET team records for passing, we would have been in the playoffs. If we had Fitz and his one good year statistically with Rex's defenses in 09-10, I'm sure we could have challenged Indy (09) and Pitt (10) a lot better than we did. Nacho held us back so much, now it's Bowles mainly that holds us back.
    He will be let go at season's end unless he learns to be HC in this off season. Bowles makes me miss Rex.

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

2014 we were 6th overall in defense. so still pretty close to top 5. do you not understand how top 5 is decided?
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

total yards per game you are correct at 327.2 which was 6th. hence top 6 defense. close enough. how do you make a post proving me right and then ask if i'm crazy. how about reading before you post.

8. GasedAndConfused

rex isn't made to be a head coach, but ID how anyone could question his ability to call a defense. he's proved it time and time again he knows how to run a defense with the best of them. hell his career teams have had better defenses then bellichick has

tbruner12 likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

um, no. you can't claim rex has always given us a top 5 defense, get proven wrong and claim you were right because "close enough"
    sorry bro. you were wrong

RuJFan and TonyFtLaud like this.
  10. FJF

no, rex's d were really good for 2 years and then the league figured out his blitz scheme and he had nothing else.

11. GasedAndConfused

OK top 6 defense. same shit. nobody is going complain about being top 6. not like i said we were top 5 and we were like 16th lol
    when they "figured it out: we dropped form like 2nd or 3rd to 6th. not much of a big deal. Point is we never had a bad defense under rex. alot of our stats like points given up are inflated due to a terrible offense that always put the defense in a bad position due to turnovers.

tbruner12 likes this.
  12. FJF

it is not the same shit. you can't cram a bunch of extra teams into the top 5 because you want to say it is a top 5 d. sorry. numbers do not work like that.
    rex's d was giving up long 3rds to te's and rbs religiously. blitzes stopped getting home and he had no counter punch

TonyFtLaud and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

when stat mentioning gets you burned

FJF likes this.
  14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

nah, i don't see bowles going without maccagnan going too which means whoever takes over will clean house and bring in their own guy.

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I don't care if we Finished first in yards per game we finished 24 th in points allowed. Far from top 5 . You can try and spin it anyway you like but the #s are right there for you.

#55 TonyFtLaud, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    The Waterboy likes this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Don't waste your time. The guy is definitely one of the dumbest posters in TGG history. His" Points allowed was an inflated stat and has no bearing on defensive ranking " Quote should have told you that.

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The defense went downhill under Rex. They were #1 in 2009 in points allowed, #6 in 2010, #20 in 2011, #20 in 2012, #19 in 2013, and #24 in 2014. Offenses figured out Rex's D and he couldn't adjust

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Games are decided by points not yards, 2014 they were #24 in points per game

19. LongIslandBlitz

Rex is still the better coach,Bowles hasn't gotten us to the playoffs yet

20. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Special teams won us more regular season games in 09-10 than any genius Rex provided on defense. Rex did well preparing us for play-off games... but not enough of them.