The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

exactly, he's incompetent. With a member house & senate he still can't pass a damn thing and whatever he does do on executive order usually gets struck down by the court. He's delivering on the bull in the china shop pissing everyone off, which is the only thing he is apparently good at

For all the swag the guy is all talk

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Pissing everyone off really isn't that hard though. It's quite easy. We should set the bar a little higher. The job is president not internet troll

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Why don't you learn to quote the entire post first? Didn't I clearly mention what happened to his attempts?

As in, you know:

Rollbacks:

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/28/52182...r-rolling-back-regulation-on-carbon-emissions
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-pulls-back-obama-era-protections-women-workers-n741041

Education? Did I hear education?

http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2017...-college-regs-harvards-president-to-step-down

But fine. Keep your head stuck in the sand.

Last, but not the least:

If you went salmon fishing, but didn't catch any, does that mean you didn't go salmon fishing? You seem to imply such. [The fact of the matter is, whether you succeeded or not, you DID go salmon fishing.]

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Spicey said SNL's skits were over the top. Two years ago I would have agreed with him. But after Trump treated people like shit and became president, nobody in his administration gets to complain.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Zach, you seem to be a pretty good embodiment of the hysteria and overreaction on the left. Most of what you've been writing here is reflective of your fears rather than of reality. I wrote before that "there pretty much has been nothing Trump has done that actually affected anyone, good or bad" and you went on to ramble about his failed efforts which only proved my point.

On this post,
    Climate change "rollbacks": what has that resulted in? Nothing. Nothing has changed. There was a general move to eventually put in some sort of carbon credit system in the US which is complete bullshit. You can't stop factories from producing and spewing CO2 they will just pay to buy someone else's quota, everyone will work the system and produce the same amount of CO2. Whatever dirty fuels we outlaw here will get shipped to India, Africa, and China and gets burned there and just cycle back to us. It's completely futile. Governments need to start pushing geo-engineering to remove the carbon from the air because restricting emissions is completely futile and will never work.

Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Act: yeah I'll give you that this is a freebee to companies that act badly. It's not clear if this hurts any workers though. That law made it so companies with many violations (safety or gender related) couldn't get government contracts, that meant less business for them. But did that actually help workers? That's not clear, if anything those companies were more likely to go out of business and all their workers were out of a job

Education: You laughably stated before that Trump was "Destroying public education" which is completely laughable. He has not done and is trying no such thing. Your evidence of this is Trump rolling back the regulation for profit colleges to offer "education value" based on ability to pay back loans. Really, protecting students from themselves of getting 250K in debt for a useless political science degree is the government's responsibility? Come on man, you can't be serious

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Pfft. Fine.

I am not even on the left side, but I'll go with it.

First - rollbacks [just happened.] It would take a while before a disaster strikes.

Secondly - US is about 3 countries in the entire world out of Paris summit. Wanna guess why? I fail to see the point anyway.

Trump tax cuts - Okay. That did not [happen] yet. Does that mean it won't? We'll see that.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/5/trump-seeking-tax-cuts-fall-boost-economy/

And - this is just the tip of an iceberg, but:

This was rolled back a short while ago:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/5/trump-seeking-tax-cuts-fall-boost-economy/

Did this affect [anybody] yet? No. It didn't have the time to.

In the meantime, this was happening, even with regulations like Dodd Franks:

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/ejhj45fjij/where-wells-went-wrong/#411064e454b4

=============================================

Again, these are only [tip of an iceberg]. Just like that Mexico wall Trump promised. It is not hurting anyone because [it is not built yet.] Am I reading you right?

7. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

8. BrowningNagle

the beleaguered Donald Jr. and his dad's buddy Manafort will now NOT testify in front of the Senate committee after previously saying they would

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

sounds like its subpoena time..

Burnz likes this.
  10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

sounds like fifth amendment time...

Cman68 and Burnz like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sounds like 25th amendment time...

12. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Trump is accomplishing things but it's all negative stuff through Sesssions and the justice department,
    like bringing back property forfeitures (stealing, by the police, of the property of people before they've even been charged
    with a crime) and helping out his buddy Putin with decisions that don't have to go through congress:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/24...inged-at-the-twists-and-turns-of-kremlingate/

"Further confirmation of how eager Trump is to help out how his friend Vlad comes in Syria. Trump and Putin negotiated a cease-fire in southwestern Syria that has now been denounced by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who worries that it will imperil his country’s security by entrenching Russia’s allies, the Iranians, next to the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights. As if this weren’t enough, on Wednesday, July 19, the Washington Post reported that Trump had decided to end the CIA program to train and arm moderate Syrian rebels fighting against Putin’s ally, Bashar al-Assad. A current U.S. government official told the Post: “This is a momentous decision.… Putin won in Syria.”

"Stay tuned at the same Trump time, on the same Trump channel, for another depressing episode."

Ron

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The only problem I have with that is... we may be going from bad to God F'n Awful.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"draft dodger?" . you? . where, a Starbucks on Whitehall Street?

don't flatter yourself

15. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Snowflake doesn't work because Trump is the biggest snowflake around and goes into meltdown
    at any criticism whatsoever

Ron

16. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Now liberals go to Starbucks? Where do you come up with this shit?

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Now can I include Obamacare as [repealed] and [destroyed]?

I recall that some moron here was screaming [IT WAS NOT REPEALED!!!]. Of course - I failed to give him the qualifier [Yet] at that time.

18. BrowningNagle

There was no repeal.

They had to pull mccain out of brain surgery AND have brown-nose Pence break a tie just so they could move forward with debating a bill. Which bill? they haven't a clue of course

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ah - is that so? All right - I jumped the gun this time, I guess. [Yeah. I do that - and I do that A LOT.]

P.S. DUI is bad thing, apparently - as in DRIVELING under intoxication can lead to all kinds of stupidities. [I am guilty, for one. LOL]

EDIT: Indeed it looks like the bill was blocked by the senates.

#2959 Zach, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  20. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.