My advice to Woody Johnson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jul 19, 2017.

1. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

This is a nice thick roll of platitudes with no evidence whatsoever.

During TT time Woody saying "you can never have enough Tebow " can and should be considered evidence of interfering.

Pushing Idzik was Woody's doing, it couldn't have need anyone else's.

Since Bowles and Mac were hired, what evidence do you have of Woody interference?

2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

1 and 3
    I specifically said no interference with the current FO.

4, 5 is just a popular narrative. This is exactly what I'm challenging, and exactly what you struggle to show. You're just repeating it. Too bad repetition doesn't equal proofing.

2. Bringing Revis back is actually an argument that Woody is staying AWAY. Woody hated Revis since his first time around. If this was up to Woody, Revis would NOT be back.

This very forum was bitching that Woody interfered by forcing Revis to be traded to TB.

Look it up!
    Fucking owner, gave the best corner in football for a measely 1st rounder, doesn't care about the team just about media image....

This was the sentiment here at the time (correctly so).

3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Agree completely, just notr that the PSLs are business decision, nothing to do with football operations.

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

This is just silly. C'mon, Zack, you can do better than that.

Woody hired people to take care of the team and at the current FO he is not interfering, or maybe does very little in football operation

There is no way you're equating "Woody is boss" to "Woody makes football decisions".

FJF likes this.
  5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Tebo- I agree, but I'm talking about current regime only.

Revis 2 - no way. Woody hated his guts since the holdouts and Mevis chirping to the media about how underpaid he is.

Fitz - possible, but if Woody wanted him so badly against everyone else in the FO, why did it take so long to resign him? In other words, if it took Woody stomp his feet, why did he wait so long?

A simpler explanation is that Fitz was wanted by Gailey and Bowles, and new GM could resist established duo only for so long.
    Now.. I could see All 3 went to Woody with their disagreement re Fitz and Woody played arbitrator. But I wouldn't call it interference.

6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

You do know Woody was busted for tampering regarding Revis part 2.

7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

No way Woody wasn't behind Revis Part two. But nevermind that, this picture should be enough for anybody...:D

[​IMG]

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Seriously? One sentence answer to a question at a presser, is your evidence?

Well... If saying "he is a great player, of course we would be interested in discussion" (or something very close to it) is proof that Woody interferes in football operations, then I guess you got me. :)

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he is not a moron, or a good businessman.

All I'm saying is that starting this FO, he seems to have his hands off the team. I'm guessing in large part this is because he is involved with Trump administration. And in part because he learned his lesson (i hope) after TT and Idzik feascos.

10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, hopefully. He's said as much, admitted mistakes, and I was encouraged. But I don't trust him, and they still have to go through him. The stadium stuff and the rest that went with it will always leave a shitty taste in my mouth too...but I digress :)

11. TonyFtLaud

As far as Revis goes, Woody wanted him, there was much more then the statement at a presser. There were calls to his agent and more. Got off easy on the tampering.
    Fitz was not under contract yet Woody undermined Mac by stating more than once,"Ryan is our starter" . While Mac was trying to negotiate.
    We usually agree on most things but In my opinion, Woody certainly was the driving force behind both signings.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You don't remember the tampering rumors with Revis? That press conference? He said he wouldn't mind him returning.

I wanted Revis gone and that was one hell of a haul by Idzik.

13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I think most fans are pissed off at Woody about the stadium. I agree wholeheartedly. In the age of StubHub, TicketMaster and Craigslist, PSLs are silly. For a losing team like Jets are now they are plain idiotic.

In the time of bad team you need to lower the price to attract more casual people some of whom will become fans for life when team gets good. THAT is when you can raise prices and force PSLs.

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Interesting points. I still disagree about Revis, but what you're saying about Woody talking to the media during Fitz business is compelling. Now that you reminded, I remember that talk. Don't think it was purposeful interference, more like he did it by accident, without thinking about consequences.

But yeah, you got a point there, a good one.

15. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Well the coach and the GM usually handle the team and players and coaches. As the owner just waits for the money to come on in.

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Said already, that one sentence answer to one question at a presser was tempering only in the spiteful cheats FO mind. Nobody else on the league would even think about raising tempting question for this.

Only recently caught cheating Kraft and Co were slinging feces at everything around. Anything for "everyone cheats" talking points.

17. TonyFtLaud

Your right about the PSLs and prices.
    I live here in S Florida and the Heat slashed ticket prices after Shaq and built a fan base that is still strong post James.

18. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Woody, pull your bottom lip over your forehead and swallow!

20. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I'd give him full control of the football operation