Chester Bennington opted out

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FJF, Jul 20, 2017.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Very sad, I used to listen to Linkin Park alot as a teen. His voice when he yelled in songs was great. Crawling and such.

On a serious note, Depression is definitely a big problem. I sometimes feel depressed and severe anxiety from the day to day things we all deal with (i.e. the freakin Jets are part of that ha) but sometimes the brain reacts differently for each of us.

I used to see a friend every week and back in January he messaged us on a group chat on a Tuesday night that he was going to come meet us to hang out and play cards that Wednesday of the week but he never showed up and we found out he jumped from the window of his office that Wednesday and committed suicide. Go to Friday and we are at a funeral.

Pay close attention those you know who suffer from depression. We never knew he had any depression problems.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

RIP Chester. Really sad to hear that news today. His energy live was one of the best of any lead singer I have seen live. People always talk about Hybrid Theory and Meteora, but Linkin Park put out some good albums and songs since. Their new album One More Light was the least rock and most serious I had ever heard them. Now we know partly why. Shame. I had tickets to see them in a couple weeks. If you are a fan like me, you know their lyrics and that Chester has struggled with stuff his entire life, which makes today even more tragic.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

VERY sad----R I P

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Wasn't really a Linkin Park fan but they had some good songs. Very sad. RIP. He had talent.

Poeman and The Dark Knight like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

RIP ... saw him live once and he brought so much energy to the stadium. Goes to show all of the money and fam can't kill your demons.

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Great singer. My wife and I are big Linkin Park fans. It's a real shame. Suicide causes so much pain for so many people.

Poeman and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Heavy was Linkin Park's last hit. Bennington got flack for changing their sound. Now we know why he wrote it. :(

Cidusii likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, that song is haunting now to say the least. The whole new album is really with titles like "Nobody Can Save Me", "Good Goodbye", "Sorry For Now" and "One More Light". I still can't believe he is gone. So sad.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The Jay Z mash up was excellent too

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

People don't understand how depression works unless they have it which is why society has such a hard time dealing with it.

You can tell when someone doesn't have depression because they make assumptions that people with depression need to "cheer up" or "have a better attitude". Having depression doesn't mean having the mopes, it's a chemical imbalance that causes a person to perceive the world as more hostile than it might actually be.

People with depression frequently are very good at hiding their depression because overwhelmingly people react differently to you when you put it out there that you have it. The social stigma is very real and born of ignorance. It's extremely hard to tell when someone who is motivated to keep it hidden is actively doing so.

The Dark Knight and Poeman like this.