Here's Why 2017 Won't be So Bad: 2016 was THE WORST

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 12, 2017.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

my bad; mis-edit after changing the Panther game to an 'L'

3-13 and with the loss to Cleveland they should be ahead of the Browns draft-wise and battling SF for the rights to Darnold, i.e. provided the Browns dont pull off a deal with the Niners with the two 1st round picks they're holding.

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Boys, boys, boys.....at the beginning of last year many here and the media in general, thought we were playoff bound. This year the consensus by both the media and most Jet fans is that we will suck big time.
    If there is one thing more unpredictable than the Jets ranking is both the media and the fans ability to forecast next year win/loss record.
    Thus I would not be surprised if the Jets team surprise us all with a good season.
    May Hack become our savior.

JETS1116, nicg4360, themorey and 7 others like this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Nah, you were almost right. There will be an additional win against either the Panthers or the Chiefs with an interim head coach after a debacle in Tampa Bay and the bye week.

4. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

Where does all this optimism come from. Can you name one team that got rid of all its vets and and became successful in the first year?
    This is not negative, this is realistic. The key would be a great NFL coach which we don't have.
    Buckle up guys. This is going to be rough

JohnnyJet, sec314 and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

My point wasn't necessarily optimism. It was just pointing out how awful last year was to live through. This year will be better for many reasons including lack of hype or anticipation of a playoff run. We get to watch these young guys play, hopefully a few will step up and surprise the league.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Jets beat the Panthers or Chiefs? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMAO!!!!

Peebag likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Time will tell. There's that emotional surge that comes from a change in leadership.

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMAO!!!!

And an Interim HC! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMAO!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMAO!!!!

Jets69, joe and FJF like this.
  9. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

This team goes 4-12 at BEST!

I'm leaning more towards 2-14.. Too many young guys that need to learn the game and not enough vets to show them the way... We are relying on our coaching staff way to much..

Next year will be different though

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

If that happens with this young team we are in great shape moving forward. I just don't see it..

LAJet likes this.
  11. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I root for the Jets to win every week. Realistically, we're probably looking at a four or five win season. The positives I want to take away from 2017 is significant development and improvement in our young players. Do we have a foundation of talent, particularly on defense thus far, to build a winning organization around? The quarterback evaluations are also critical. Do Hack and Petty show significant improvement? If not, we'll need to start from scratch at the game's most important position. Answering these questions to my mind is even more critical than our win total in judging whether this upcoming season is a success.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We tend to overachieve when things look bad and crash and burn when we're supposed to contend, so I could see a promising year by the young guys in 2017, then some raised expectations in 2018 which will turn out to be a dumpster fire.

That would all change if we somehow found a good young QB of course.

NOVAJET likes this.
  13. I think the 0-16/3-13 talk is totally ridiculous..not so much by fans but rather the media. They just completely shun the that it's a young man's league now & if a team is gonna make a jump they need some unknown youngsters to make a leap; While it's plausible that this could be a rough season...it's just as reasonable to believe that the team makes significant improvements from last season. The talent level is nowhere near as poor as its portrayed.

All those veteran names the media is hounding over are the one's who really let this team down last season. They were the one's who needed to rally the troops when times got tough & get the locker room all on the same page.Instead they let the negativity bring them down & mailed it in.For all the talk about a "lack of experience" if you're old & slow you stand no chance in today's NFL. Even if you lack experience you can still make plays in space & still keep pace w. the opposition.If the Jets had kept the likes of Marshal,Harris,Fitzpatrick,Revis & Decker they'd be talking about how old & slow we are..complete double standard.

This team will likely be lacking in a couple spots & will be missing some playmakers. But unless the QB situation is a disaster or the team is as emotionally fragile as they were last season, I don't see anyway this team is any worse than 4-12.

I get we're covered differently than the other New York team but weren't they coming off literally the worst statistical defensive season in NFL history heading into last season? Sure they went on a spending spree but how come I don't recall them being casted into the depths of cupcake hell among the likes of Cleveland? No need to answer...I already know the reason.

Chances are we're looking at another purgatory like season hovering somewhere around 6-10.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

[​IMG]

There's no way the Jets are winning more then 3 games with McCown. So it looks like the only way is if the Jets found a good young QB.

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Can see that pretty much playing out, may even loose to Jax.
    Other than your final W-L total. I think your pretty accurate.

jilozzo likes this.
  16. Ralebird

That's why I love playing the longshots. See you in November - you will come around, right?

17. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

By not as bad you mean loosing more games then we win and miss the play offs? Same results the only plus is less exceptions this year

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Who the hell knows who we can beat? Maybe this is it for me. These positive posts are remind me of myself 10 years ago when I get pumped every year by believing all the bs coming out of the jets. It could be age but I think it's just the same old stuff every 5 years. I hope we lose 15 games fire the coach and gm get the best qb so for one year I can fool myself once again. Not this year though.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Surprise people and be better then expected and the next sentence is 4-12. Wow. This season will be better then last season because we are prepared for this. Last season we were talking playoffs. Only place to go is up.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  20. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Gentlemen, this will be a historically bad year. Be prepared.