What does Hack need to do to be the incumbent going in to 2018?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FJF, Jun 27, 2017.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Right just stop there, you are plainly fucking stupid or just not able to read and digest what people are saying to you, I will have one final go and then I am going to have to ignore you, I seriously have better things to be doing with my life.

1: Hi Derek, when selected he was still a project, you didn't know he was going to rip it up from the off the Raiders didn't know it either, hindsight is a wonderful thing, so who says Hack won't do the same this season ?
    2 I honestly don't know, that is the point that you fail to take into your brain, WE DON'T KNOW, we can only hope that he shows the level he showed when he ran a pro offence as a freshman.
    3 Again how is that Hack's fault ? They brought him off the board and said " we are redshirting this young man" and they did, it really is that simple, you can not use that as a stick to beat Hack with (of course you aren't beating him as you don't hate him and it isn't personal, we know you already said.)
    4 I don't know what am I reaching for ? please tell me as I don't actually understand what you mean, if you mean why do I want Hack to deliver then I would have thought that was pretty obvious to anybody with a brain delivering even just 10% of it's capabilities, let me try you with this, if Hack gets a chance and shows something it is a win for the Jets, do you understand that ? He is already here so he has to have a chance to show what he has got for good or bad, do you understand that ? It is either him, McCowan or Petty, take your pick, one is a busted flush and 38yo, Petty I don't mind if he got a chance, he was kind of hung out to dry last year but showed he had a strong arm but if we are being honest he didn't look like he had the smarts to read the field, so that is why I choose Hack out of the three QB's, now is that reaching ?
    5 Well that is that then, the great tbruner12 has spoken, how the fuck you aren't already leading an NFL scouting unit I'll never know, for the slow and simple among us I will tell you again why we drafted him, feel free to look it up on google if you like it isn't hard.
    Way back when Hack was being touted by a lot of people as a good thing, he was running a Pro offence as a freshman, you know something that isn't to common in college football, he then had a bad smash as a new coach took the team in another direction, a very poor one for them and Hack, he got smashed on a weekly basis as the OL was like a wet soggy bag, hence why he had dropped out of the top grade of QB's draft class, still with rumour and counter rumour floating around that the Pats were going to take him Mac a long time fan and him being a scout decided to take the plunge and nab him in round 2, maybe a little on the high side and if you ask me this is what gets pissy little fuckers like you all boiled up inside.
    6 I doubt Hack knows you exist and by god a lot of people on here think the fucking same after tonight but in conclusion for a guy claiming not to hate somebody you have done the shittest job in the world in hiding it from us.

PS I will say it again for you just to make sure it has sunk in, none of us know if Hack will be a success or a bust but some of us are more even minded to let the kid have his shot now he has been drafted to wear our uniform, until he gets on that field and shows what he is about neither us knows jack shit, just one of us isn't going to run a young man down for fuck all and small pleasures on the internet.

#141 K'OB, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If we bring Sam in for a day for an interview / tryout and for no reason Hackenburg loses it and walks over to SAM and beats him down BAD, do we think this shows the leadership we wanted to see in Hack, and is all good?

3. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

If this happens we sign Hack to a 10 year contract and every time we play a division rival we leak "news" that we're trying to trade for their QB.

Footballgod214 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Saw an item in Sporting News online supposedly quoting Darnold as saying he doesn't think it's right for teams to tank for his services. Although he didn't specifically mention the Jets, the article did.

5. K'OB

I am starting not to care for this guy much tbh.

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Well, fuck Darnold! We will tank, and we choose and Darnold can cry while deciding to sign the contract or sit out for a year.

7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I don't like his mechanics but honestly, he hasn't said anything wrong. Asked if he found the suck for Sam talk flattering his response was "I don't think any team should tank their season because of me."
    And on Jeremiah's false story he said "I'm taking it one year at a time, I don't know where he got his information" about staying in school for the next two seasons.
    Just the media trying to spin things in a negative light towards the Jets

HomeoftheJets, KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  8. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

You think I care what you think?
    You have so little football sense, yet regard yourself as having so much more. You act as if your last name is Hackenberg. Put me on ignore, it might be best for you. My Opinion of this team or any player Weill never be swayed by someone like yourself.
    You act like a child.
    When Hack falls on his face due to everything I've tried to show you, do you want the "I told you so" in advance?
    Good day chap.

9. K'OB

And this post is what makes you an absolute arse.

10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Just thinking...we've been chasing that franchise QB for decades. Now we're wishing, hoping, and praying that we could end up with a Darnold, Rosen, or Allen. We're ready to take out medicine in 2017 (2-14? 1-15? WORSE?) Hackenberg hasn't even thrown an NFL pass yet and was a 2nd round pick and has been about as maligned and critiqued and picked apart as anybody I've ever seen who's NEVER TAKEN AN NFL SNAP YET.

And yet this entire fanbase has already relegated him to the Nagle, McElroy, Sanchez wastebasket of Jets QB's

Makes me believe that OF COURSE Hackenberg will be our savior. Because literally nobody sees it coming.

11. K'OB

Not all, there are a few on here willing to give him a chance at least, we can only hope your scenario plays out as well, it would be nice :)

#151 K'OB, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    TonyFtLaud likes this.