Darnold Will Blow Up The Tank Job

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Jul 5, 2017.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We had Marshall last year. A year younger than he is now. How'd that work for us in the clutch last year? And if he rebounds this year we will pretend it Bowles fault for not getting it out of him last year and not that he has Eli throwing to him and obj drawing doubles right?
    Harris can read a formation like no other but yet we were still 5-11, revis is a h.o.f and yet we still gave up big play after big play. Their presence in this team did not help this team win,even be competitive last year. Rolling them out again this year would just stunt other players growth and have us with a big payroll and a bad team...... again. It's insanity to want them back, or the need to have some name recognition. either way the results would be the same. Older vets, higher payroll, no youngsters with any game experience and a losing record,

2. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

You do realize who reached out to whom, right? Fitz came off a record setting year, management wanted him back. How can you deny it?

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

They wanted him back at the right price, this does not mean they were "set" at QB and that is what the conversation was about, you do realise that right ?

FJF and Red Menace like this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It's not about Sanchez, it's about the topic of oline and QB, the Cowboys were set at the QB position and that's why they did a good job of focusing on their oline.

Romo was a good QB for them and I wish Hack gives the jets a good 9 years if not as a FQB then as a good second tier QB in the NFL until they find the FQB while maintaining a good and balanced team around him.

#144 Red Menace, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Walt White likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Did you know the Patriots in the season they went to the SB against the Seahawks had 31 different offensive line combinations? You are way off buddy. Goes to show great coaching and a great player can overcome these issues.

FJF likes this.
  6. Who does? Every other "dynasty" that has ever came along in NFL history.

60's Packers- Ray Nitschzke
    70's Steelers- Mike Webster
    80's Niners- Randy Cross(Not in HOF but elite nonetheless)
    90's Cowboys- Larry Allen, Erik Williams
    90's Broncos- Gary Zimmerman,Tom Nalen

For the record I never claimed Brady got HURT behind any Patriot OL...but rather that he has taken just as many shots as any other QB in the league. And if we're really gonna romanticize the cheaters need we look no further than the "18-1" super bowl when the almighty Patriot OL basically lost the super bowl for them; Not even against an edge rushers. But rather right up the GUT...A & B gap. That's the heart of any OL. Still think they're so invincible? Justin Tuck went from a slightly above average role player to infamy just based off that OL. So a severely flawed OL as evident by that showing STILL managed to go undefeated in the regular season & make it all the way to the Super Bowl...And OL is the be all end all??

Your arguments don't even make sense. You continue to claim that in Fitz's first year that the OL was awful...but the statistics complete blow that notion out of the water. They allowed the fewest sacks & sent Chris Ivory to his one & only pro bowl rushing for over 1000 yards despite being banged up all year. If you're looking for style points w. that OL..well all you're really doing is furthering my original point from 2 posts ago. While that OL had holes it was STILL statistically the best OL in football. Meaning that OL play is nowhere near as significant as you portray & its overall impact has become diluted.

The Jets have had some top end Offensive lines which I've already alluded to.Brick/Mangold/Woody/Faneca----Mawae/Thomas/Fabini In fact talent wise I'd put them up against any single season OL the Patriots have had during that same time frame. It's as if you just assume that b.c they win their OL most be this dominant entity...guess what? It's never been.

Now you're arguing that it's about more than physical talent & is more mental. If that's the case why are you so dead set on taking OL in round 1?That's the whole reason our disagreement even started. You don't want the jets to draft skill & would rather the team draft OL. Those guys don't go round 1 b.c of mental smarts. It's all about the physical potential.You might wanna quit while you still have some dignity.

7. tbruner12

So it wasn't the product? Price first? Yea ok.....
    They didn't pursue anyone else in any circumstance. But they sure reached in the 2nd for a project.

8. tbruner12

It should show you that top to bottom that the whole o-line unit, coaches and all are very good.

9. FJF

lol, yea, no chance that it's the goat masking their deficiencies. You're making yourself into a joke

Walt White and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  10. tbruner12

Please dude, you watched the games. A whopping 1,000 yard rusher who made the pro bowl, a fan vote, in which he replaced an injured McCoy. We ran the biggest majority of our offense out of the shotgun, and our line still allowed tons of pressure on Fitz.
    That Giants team had a killer front 4, the meanest in football that year, which contributed greatly to that Super Bowl run, and win.
    You must be high, you are the one choosing QB's over line.
    If the line was so bad, and the QB so great, how did Brady fare that game? Why couldn't he push them thru?
    I never said draft an O-line, learn to read. I said we need a line before wasting another pick on an inexperienced project.
    Football fundamentals start with line play, believe it. We don't have one, haven't had one. Spin it all you want.
    I'm not losing dignity, anybody with any football sense knows that line play dictates outcome. Even in today's pass happy game. You proved it referring to the 18-1 Pats.
    Get real dude.
    Did you play football other than Madden? Doesn't seem like it, just sayin

11. tbruner12

Let me guess, you think his one year of sitting behind Bledsoe did?
    How about draft position? If it wasn't for his O-lines, 17 years worth, he would have already been gone. Or became a Romo.
    I'm a joke?
    Sorry Bubba, that's you and your QB whisperers. Madden doesn't count, neither does flag football, you ever play?
    If so, you know better than this bullshit you preach

12. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

Do you know what being set means, because from this response, or doesn't appear that way.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

How about no. If the unit was as good as you said it was, why did they need 31 different combinations?

14. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

That's not the point. Romo was the entrenched starter. I am sure they Cowboys counted on Romo staying healthy as long as he was on the team and playing like Romo. When you have a QB that good, as well as skill players, you can draft and build other places. There is no way you can tell me Dak was drafted as the heir apparent to Romo. He was a flyer. Who even knew who Dak was in that draft.

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well, so you're telling me they all declined in play at the same time? I would like that to be true but it's not. I think Harris will be just as good or better this year. We have even more youngsters with no game experience. With even worst QB play coming this year I don't get the scrap it all plan. Buster Skrine played pretty good his first year here, last year he looked lost on every play. The problem is still here in Bowles. It was his defense, his playcalling last year. I also don't think the results will be the same. It will be far worst those 5 wins last year will look huge compared to this season 0-16. Take a look at the schedule again and tell which team the Jets will beat this year with McCown, Demario Davis and the other tiny linebacker D.Lee.

16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

No Dak was not drafted to be the heir apparent everyone knows the Cowboys got lucky. But Romo was old and brittle and before he announced his retirement the Cowboys were still kicking the tires thinking about handing the starting job back to him. The Jets had a good defensive line yet they still kept drafting them. Until the Jets get some balance in their higher draft picking process they will be horrible. Good luck seeing the end zone this year.

17. FJF

What I am saying is this team was a 5-11 team with those guys, they weren't going to make the team better than that this year so why bother paying? Last place with high dollar vets is the same last place with low paid rookies. Actually one is healthier for the development of the team. So we suck, we know that going in, it won't be a surprise like last year was to all the "we must sign fitz back" crowd

boozer32 likes this.
  18. tbruner12

You realize $12 Million is a hearty price right? Management paid him, and we went into the season with him starting. Yea that's pretty much set.
    If you mean set as in a decade, then you missed the point.

19. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

That's not the point. Romo was the entrenched starter. I am sure they Cowboys counted on Romo staying healthy as long as he was on the team and playing like Romo. When you have a QB that good, as well as skill players, you can draft and build other places. There is no way you can tell me Dak was drafted as the heir apparent to Romo. He was a flyer. Who even knew who Dak was in that draft.
    Chances of seeing the end zone would greatly improve with a QB.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

Being set at QB means you have a player who is the unchallenged entrenched starter. If anything, Fitz was a shaky starter at best and got a minimal vote of confidence from management by giving him a lame duck contract. Who the Hell cares how much they paid him. Was there someone we didn't sign because we signed Fitz?