Chiefs Release GM....Takers?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You have but 6 posts and already you're making "friends".. Take some time off and come back with your head on straight... Or not at all..

Mgmt.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I'm gonna miss that guy

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Amen to that. Birdbrain BOOBWAY talked Idzik into drafting injured CB Dexter McDuck (who was OFF most draft boards) with a high 3rd in 2014 when I wanted massive OL Gabe Jackson. Actually, I wanted Jackson in the SECOND round when Idzik took TE Amaro. Oakland took Jackson with the very next pick after McDuck. and now are offering Jackson a huge extension after a stellar first three years. Thanks, Bradway.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He ranks as a vagina on this board.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

he traded a 1st for doug jolley that could have been heath miller. every mock had miller being there for us.then took nugent with a 2nd. he has been dead to me ever since. gabe jackson would have looked good here too. i know everyone kills idzic but i alway look to the common denominator and you can always find bradway lurking behind lot of the bad drafts. how mangini was able to have some successful drafts is amazing.
    the concerning part now is , mac's drafts haven't been good yet. still a bit early but after leo williams the 2015 class is looking a bit thin.

6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Now off to the next Jets message board to warn about Cman60!

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

We could get 1) franchise QB [Derek Carr] 2) superb WR [Jordan Matthews or Jarvis Landry] AND 3) stud OL [Gabe Jackson] in the first three rounds that year. Only Idzik fucked it up. [Or was it Badway? I don't know.]

tomdeb and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, and Mac REFUSES to even THINK about OL during the draft. A team plays more OL at one time than any other position, and in THREE drafts Mac has drafted a TOTAL of TWO OL, and both in the 5th round. He drafted NO OL this year, but 4 Dbs. You wonder why the offense stinks! Bunch of has beens and other teams throw aways.

9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Guy must have criticized Andy Reid's barbecue recipes!

Peebag likes this.
  10. Cman68

He wouldn't be the first! :)

Jets69 likes this.
  11. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this go in the NFL section, not the Jets section?

PS,
    I like seeing Cman blow the dust off of the ol' Ban Hammer lol

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Nor the last!

Cman68 likes this.
  13. It was a bad omen for yours truly from the start.Ellington,CT was my team/towns bitter rival back in the peewee days.When I teach my son "down-set-hut" football candences..I sometimes jokingly do it in a wussy feminine voice & refer to it as "Ellington Quarterback style".PS I played for the Windsor Locks JETS.

The Patriots homer angle was just insult to injury.

14. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'd offer him President of Football Ops at the end of the year, if he hasn't gotten a job.

Let him clean house, and bring in his guys to GM and coach the same. Have the whole organization on one page.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

As a high profile attorney she may well make more than him. It's not so clear that the best move for them is uproot her again. I realized after my initial post that I was wrong about the move she made. She didn't change firms, she changed offices of the firm she was in. So she may well have a partnership or something similar going on there.

One solution to the issue for them would be to have Dorsey go back to the Packers and then she could switch back to her previous office in the transition. Same firm, same status, same income, etc.

I don't know if any of these dynamics are in play but there's reason to believe that they might be.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

shes a woman. she should quit her job and focus on housework. Dorsey can buy her a nice big house in NY/NJ for her to tend to

Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dorsey knows talent, but according to the following article at PFT, I'm not sure he'd be the best fit on the Jets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...concerns-over-communication-management-style/

The bolding in the article is mine.

Report: Dorsey decision fueled by concerns over communication, management style
    Posted by Mike Florio on June 25, 2017, 8:39 PM EDT
    [​IMG]Getty Images
    Typically, the reasons for the firing of a G.M. are clear, either because the team has stunk or the organization has clumsily leaked the reasons in advance of the move. In Kansas City, it’s still not clear why the General Manager of a team that has made it to the playoffs three times in four years was dumped on the same day the head coach was extended.

According to Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star, concerns about communication and management styles contributed at least in part to the seemingly abrupt decision to part ways with G.M. John Dorsey.

John does stuff and doesn’t tell people why,” an unnamed source told Paylor regarding the decision to move on from a pair of executives, Trip MacCracken and Will Lewis, without much internal explanation. Another unnamed source told Paylor that Dorsey’s management style “could wear on people.”

“He’s not a big disciplinarian or big on chain of command, so people did what they wanted,” an unnamed source told Paylor.

“It’s more about his management skills,” another unnamed source told Paylor.

It’s unclear what was done to remedy the situation before taking the drastic step of firing a G.M. who had been getting the job done, or whether Dorsey had been put on notice of his deficiencies before termination became the right move for the Chiefs. The circumstances invite speculation that coach Andy Reid, who received an extension on the same day Dorsey got a pink slip, at a minimum approved of the move and at maximum wanted it. It’s also possible, however, that owner Clark Hunt simultaneously evaluated both men and decided that one should get extra additional years with the team and the other should get none.

Regardless, the termination happened so swiftly and surprisingly to people outside and inside the organization that it’s easy to wonder whether a man now accused of having a subpar management style was also the victim of substandard management practices.

Supposedly, Idzik's management style antogonized a lot of the Jets' FO staff. The last thing we need is to bring someone in who would do that again and cause internal problems. Good communication is vitally important. It's also bad enough that our HC isn't very disciplined, but the last thing we need is a team President who isn't who would condone the slack attitude, and who would piss people off at the same time.

Now in fairness, as the article points out, it is unknown whether Dorsey was informed of his deficiencies and given an opportunity to correct them. Perhaps he could change. That would need to be determined.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Unnamed sources are the Devil's messengers.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Named sources are often found on the unemployment line.

20. Cman68

Or sleeping with the fishes..