The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Let's follow the money, shall we?
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...rump_robert_mueller_and_andrew_weissmann.html

An Intriguing Link Between the Mueller Investigation, Trump, and Alleged Money Laundering

"Felix Sater was born in Russia and moved to the United States with his family when he was 8. His father Mikhail has connections to Russian organized crime and was once convicted of extortion. The younger Sater ended up working at a company called Bayrock, which had offices in Trump Tower and, beginning in 2002, partnered with Donald Trump on several development projects. Bayrock's role in the projects involved soliciting outside investors.
    Felix Sater also has a colorful criminal record. In 1991, he stabbed a man in the face with the stem of a broken margarita glass and went to jail for assualt. In 2007, the New York Times reported that he had been accused in 1998 of securities fraud in a massive stock-scam case involving a number of New York mob families. It was later revealed that Sater pleaded guilty in that 1998 case, but that his involvement in it was kept secret because he became a witness for the government and reportedly continued as such until 2008. Sater is known to have helped build cases against individuals involved in the stock scam and reportedly also cooperated in a case that involved attempting to secure missiles that were being sold on the black market in Afghanistan. (!)
    Sater disassociated himself from Bayrock and the Trump projects after the 2007 Times story but popped back up in 2010 working for the Trump Organization as a “senior adviser.”
    A former Bayrock associate of Sater’s filed a lawsuit against Sater which alleges, in the words of a new Bloomberg story by longtime Trump reporter Timothy O’Brien, that “Bayrock was actually a front for money laundering” and took money from Russian sources. At this point, the associate making the accusation does not appear to have any direct evidence to support his claim, but the lawsuit is ongoing.

And here's one more background fact:

Andrew Weissmann is a longtime federal prosecutor who has joined Robert Mueller's Trump-Russia special counsel investigation. News stories have described Weissmann as an expert in “flipping” witnesses, i.e. getting them to testify against their co-conspirators.

Here's the interesting nugget, which the Bloomberg story mentions in passing: Andrew Weissmann was one of the people who prosecuted the 1998 mob stock-scam case during which Felix Sater flipped. The deal Sater got from federal prosecutors at the time was so good that lawyers representing victims of the underlying stock scam are still upset about it—and allege that the prosecutors acted inappropriately in allowing Sater to conceal his past while he was working at Bayrock.

Put more plainly, Robert Mueller has hired a prosecutor who was previously involved with a case that involved securing the close cooperation of an individual who might (might!) have simultaneously been helping fund Trump projects with laundered money."

Ron

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

President Donald Trump said he doesn’t have recordings of his conversations with then-FBI Director James Comey, capping weeks of speculation about whether such tapes exist.

“With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea whether there are ‘tapes’ or recordings of my conversations with James Comey,” Trump said Thursday in a pair of statements on Twitter, “but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings.”

[​IMG]

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

which one's Comey again?..

[​IMG]

5. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

It's amazing how he uses himself as a source for it... It that worse than "sources say?"

Another day, another embarrassment.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm a registered Democrat. Read this morning about Trumpcare and got pissed. Even if you support Trump you should be pissed too at what's in that bill.

So I got a letter in the mail from the DNC asking for donations. They got me at the right time, filled with liberal outrage. I opened the letter and read a list of Trump's abuses. Reproductive, minority voting, and LGBTQ rights.

And these assholes wonder why they never win. They're the Jets of politics.

7. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

I'll throw you a bone since no one has seemed to care about any of your posts in months. Why still trying to incite a response in a thread you deemed a liberal circle jerk? Still believe Clinton would have been just like trump or worse?

8. John Lombardo

Nobody commented because it wasn't clever.

9. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Joe won't be happy with your opinion of this. Expect him to pull up quotes from you from 68 pages ago and rip you to shreds with obscure references that he thinks are clever.

Royal Tee likes this.
  10. John Lombardo

I sure hope I can recover from his next post that isn't witty, funny, or makes sense.

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Just wondering if Johnny Depp has lost his mind. "Can we bring Trump here? This is going to be in the press and it'll be horrible. But I like that you're all a part of it. When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?" Knock knock: Who's there? Candygram. J/K, it's the Secret Service. He won't get in trouble, he'll get talked to, but WTH. He looks rough, too. Not age, just beat up. Anyway, he said it at a screening of 'The Libertine' in Glastonbrury. I saw that movie on cable shortly after it punked at the theatre, and fell asleep right as Depp's face was falling off from advanced syphilis.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

They say JohnnyD is a bit too fond of the spirits and is going thru his cash at an astonishing rate. Could be he was lit when he said that about Trump. #rehab

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Funny, I wasn't looking to incite a response from a liberal jerk.

And didn't Cman say to take the trolling feuding off the boards?

And aren't you returning from a recent ban courtesy of your "Muslim filth" comment?

Who here voted for Trump? No. One.

Who here voted for Hillary? (besides you and that other liberal .guy .Lombardo)

nice try

John Lombardo likes this.
  15. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...h_is_everything_liberals_feared_and_more.html

"When Trump first nominated Gorsuch, I was relieved he hadn’t picked an outright lunatic,
    and I felt cautiously optimistic that Gorsuch might be less of a hard-line conservative
    than liberals believed. I was wrong. Gorsuch is the worst kind of justice. He is a
    reactionary who dresses up his cruel, antediluvian views in folksy charm; who professes
    restraint while espousing extreme, sweeping views; who has no sympathy for vulnerable
    minorities but believes Christians are being oppressed. And he will guide the course
    of the law for the next 30 years or more. He is a catastrophe for proponents of civil
    rights and equal justice. And his influence over the court only stands to grow."

Ron

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

former trump campaign manager manafort retroactively files as a foreign agent. Was paid $17 mill by pro russian oligarchs during his time leading the campaign.

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I read it was his company made that money between 2012 and 2014

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

fair enough... he claims he was paid through 2014. But since he is just registering as a foreign agent yesterday I question his honesty. Flynn, now Manafort, I wonder how many other traitors worked on that campaign will be retroactively registering in the coming days and weeks

19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Traitors? What exactly did he do that was traitorous? Advise the political party on how to best approach U.S. government officials. You could look within the House and Senate and find dozens of politicians on both sides of the aisle that have committed for traitorous acts.

20. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

Just keep reminding yourself that no matter how bad Trump is, Hillary would have been ten times worse.
    Trump is a jerk, but he saved America from a President Hillary Clinton. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.