Otto Warmbier, Student Convicted to Hard Labor in N. Korea, Has Died

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One thing is certain, you have to be fairly wealthy to take a tour like that to the hermit kingdom. Chances are pretty good that if you are wealthy enough to afford to take such an excursion, you're probably white and if you're stupid enough to steal a poster off a wall in a land where people are executed with AA fire, you're probably young, dumb and on your way to the hardest lesson you'll ever have to learn.

That Professor probably could have phrased that differently, but the point is valid.

#21 Cman68, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Johnny Williams getting death threats, runs in wake of crappy comments.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

But what was the professor's true motivation in making the comment? Clearly it is another example of the extreme campus liberal ideology that believes progressive simply means criticizing white people. You know, while hypocritically being the the stereotyping assholes they claim to oppose.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

Dettwyler's remarks are disgusting.
    Her hateful rant is typical of the attitude of leftwing professors who are paid to preach radical leftwing propaganda to impressionable college students.

Otto Warmbier was foolish to go to North Korea, but the cruel torture inflicted on him demonstrates what a barbaric totalitarian regime North Korea is.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

My point was that doing boneheaded things at the age of 21 is not exclusively in the purview of the wealthy or the male and a professor should be more aware than the general public. Looks like she was using Warmbier as a convenient excuse to bash a group she has a personal problem with and then did not have the cajones to support her statement.

I certainly can't agree with statements like "...clearly it is another example of the extreme campus liberal ideology," which may be convenient for some to toss around but which tend to eliminate the personal responsibility for making such statements.

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well Dettwyler, the professor that made the remarks about Warmbeir, will not be rehired next semester.

7. JetBlue

Why?!? What'd I do wrong?!? I criticized white privilege! I blamed whitey! I'm woke! Should I have called him a honky?!? Would that help?!?

The Waterboy likes this.
  8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

It's too bad she's never been raped, because she would've been getting exactly what she deserved.

Lots of sexism and racism going on there. Surprising she was ever hired as a professor in the first place, because I'm sure this wasn't the first time she expressed these sentiments.

It's also hilarious that she thinks in the US men get away with rape, implying that in other countries they don't. Proves she's clueless about the world as a whole. Most other countries are worse in that aspect.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

https://web.archive.org/web/20160921213448/http://kathydettwyler.weebly.com

History of employment:
    2005-present Associate Professor, Supplemental Faculty, Dept. of Anthropology, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
    2004-2007 Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology & Anthropology, Millersville Univ., Millersville, PA
    2002-2004 Assistant to the Executive Director, American Philosophical Association, Newark, DE
    Fall 2001 Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Anthropology & Women's Studies Program, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
    Fall 2001 Focus Group Facilitator, Center for Disabilities Studies, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
    2002-present [Honorary] Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
    1993-2002 Associate Professor with tenure, Department of Anthropology, and member of the Faculty in Nutrition, Texas A&M University
    1987-1993 Assistant Professor, Department of Anthropology, and member of the Graduate Faculty in Nutrition, Texas A&M University
    1994 Distinguished Visiting Professor, Department of Anthropology, State University of New York, Plattsburgh, NY, October, 1994
    1985-1987 Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology & Anthropology, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

She should hook up with Mike Nifong and take in a Duke lacrosse game.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

What the actual fuck? "It's too bad she's never been raped, because she would've been getting exactly what she deserved."? Who the fuck actually says something like that. That is one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard.

I mean, we elected an alleged rapist to president. It's been a reoccurring theme that privileged white males keep getting away with rape. What do other countries have to do with it?

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

What do other countries have to do with it? Use some reading comprehension.

She singled out America for this when in fact it's worse in many other countries.

Quote from her, as previously posted in this thread.

Yeah, North Korea is fantastic and they should be applauded for killing American citizens who evidently did nothing wrong.

She comes off as congratulating North Korea for a job well done on persecuting (and ultimately causing the death of) a "young white rich male".

#33 Yisman, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  13. JetBlue

When was Trump alleged to have raped anyone?

14. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

He
    Hes a rich white male so according to greenday he's what's wrong with everything in the world

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I'm pretty sure every rich white male has committed at least one rape, or have I been misled about white male privilege? Part and parcel of being a member of the club means you get a freebie, meaning you can't be charged with a crime for your first rape.

All young rich white males also snort cocaine, threaten professors with physical violence, and cheat on exams.

16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

never thought i'd see the day when my fellow white men would become such big vaginas...

vaginas so big were crying about what a random professor in delaware(?) said. and they try to say college kids are the sensitive ones

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No wonder she's pissed. Over thirty years in the business including more than fifteen in the same place and she can't get a full professorship or even on the full-time faculty. But she did facilitate that focus group back in 2001. She must be real good.

19. JetBlue