David Harris signs with Pats

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Harris will be named 'captain' the Sunday they play the Jets, then he'll be cut from the Pats Monday morning.

DefenseWinsChampionships and FJF like this.
  2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson's net worth is $6.3 billion (and he didn't actually earn any of that money). The $6 mil he saved this year was penny pinching.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If Belicheat signed Harris, he'd have a damn good reason to do so.

P.S. As long as Brady is at the helm, everybody will want to play for Patriots and go to the big dance come February. Don't blame Harris for that; Jets could have retained him, but they didn't. Big deal.

It's not even like we preach [loyalty] then practice it.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Meh, woody is not perfect but calling him cheap isn't fair. Until recently we
    were always pushing against the cap and the stadium is privately funded even if its shared with another team and the practice facility is state of the art. The guy spends money, it's just been misguided money in some respects.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nope. He gave David Harris over $54 Million dollars to play a game he loves. Woody would have his money with or without "David Harris".

Harris bit the hand that fed him over $54 Million during 10 years and REFUSED a paycut for the better of his team.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Yeah another Jet wins a Super Bowl!

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Oh please stop the cheerleading.
    Just because pats ended up paying little doesn't mean the deal was good. BBs personnel decisions are nothing special. You're just so used to bspn sucking ne's dick you forgot how to judge.

And yes, ne is lucky to get this shit for division. Every year you start with 5 wins and bitch at nfl for improperly officiating that resulted in 1 loss. No other nfl team has it.

So yeah, BB is nothing special as far as roster building. And you can justify and wiggle all you want, but all except maybe the latest SB are tainted. You're the only team in the league that lost 1st round pick for cheating. Three time. Live with it.

And yes, it's frustrating to watch a cheater luck into a 6th round HOF QB.

#87 RuJFan, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams to become Patriots one day.

Cman68 and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Belichick doesn't need Harris to know what we're going to do, everyone knows what we're going to do.

Week 6, Pats @ Jets. We win the coin flip, which is the only thing we'll win all game. Bowles elects to receive because that's what he does. Gostkowski kicks it 9 yards deep into the endzone, Jalin Marshall bobbles it but still takes it out and gets tackled at the 5. McCown, who gives us the best chance to win, hands it off on first and second downs to bring up 3rd and 9. After recovering a high snap, the pocket breaks down, but he throws it anyway to avoid getting blasted. Revis intercepts it and takes a knee to save himself for the SB.

Meanwhile Josh McDaniels is too busy laughing to call plays, so the Pats run on first and second downs. Leonard Williams stuffs the RB twice bringing up 3rd and 10. Then Brady finds Brandin Cooks for the score after Marcus Williams falls down and Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye smack heads. Adams walks to the sideline and is placed in the concussion protocol. Maye runs to the Pats sideline and is cleared because he had the sense to run away from the Jets.

Belichick asks Harris if this is how it always is. Harris smiles softly and says a silent prayer of thanks that his suffering is, at long last, over.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Ok guys, I really, really like Harris. I shall miss him. But please let stop with the martyr and loyalty and how he got screwed by his team. He was always treated top notch by the Jets. This year, the team was in negotiations with him to retain him but he was asked to take a pay cut, and quite frankly he needed to. This team is in a massive rebuild mode and he is no longer a 3 down backer. So he chose to move over to a contender and play a secondary role to hopefully get a ring. His choice. Good for him. No one screwed him. It was a legitimate move by the Jets, just like when he got his 21M.
    As for the thought about making us pay, pay what? Staying or leaving is absolutely of no consequence to this season, with the exception of saving money to carry forward to next year.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Can't say I am surprised in the slightest this went down. Gonna be tough seeing him in a Pats jersey. No doubt he didn't feel any bit sorry for going up north with the way the Jets let him go.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's pretty obvious the "getting screwed" part is the timing. If that happened in March, no one would say a word. Happening in June, seconds after a practice, is pretty messed up. That is common sense. I agree, 2007-2016 the Jets treated Harris great. He will always be a Jet and likely end up in the Ring of Honor one day.

13. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

The unique sickness of being a Jets fan just gets deeper and deeper.

nycarl likes this.
  14. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

David Harris was an exemplary Jet; and after the way the team unceremoniously got rid of him, you can't blame him for signing with anyone he pleased. But now that he's playing for the enemy, here's hoping Belicheat enjoys watching him be two steps slow in coverage, as running backs and tight ends turn five yard passes into fifteen yard gains against him.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

When will people learn that the fans are truly the only ones that care about rivalries...to the players it's "who wants to pay me".

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

David Harris deserves his shot at the VLT. He did his time here with us, played with all the heart and talent he had to give without any drama. Now he's gonna get his shot at a ring. Good for Him! I hold no grudge and wish him all the best! From the Outhouse to the Penthouse...

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Another Jet wins a Super Bowl....Riggins, Revis, Harris...etc

Cman68 likes this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hahahahaha. That's all I got.

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Didn't see this coming.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Much like the Enola Gay. I just didn't want to say it out loud. Pretty much rote and rule that he'd wind up a Cheat. That's OK, everybody's gotta eat. Their babies.

mute likes this.