David Harris signs with Pats

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Jun 21, 2017.

1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Former Jets LB David Harris has reached agreement on a two-year deal with...the New England Patriots, source tells ESPN.

Per Schefter

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

3. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Sickening

JetsVilma28, NYJalltheway and Jake like this.
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Fuck him.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Don't care

RuJFan and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  6. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Can't blame him. Jets screwed him over big time. All the guy did was play hard and be a model teammate for 10 years, and then you cut him so late into the off-season? Why?

Fuck the Jets.

7. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

We all saw this coming. This is one of those situations where you have to be happy for the person, he was nothing but a class act and a rock solid player when he was here. Was hoping the Raiders would have scooped him up.

egelband, almbleamal, macbk and 6 others like this.
  8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Ugh...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson undermined his head coach and GM, screwing over one of the great Jets in franchise history in the process, just to save some of the money his parents handed him. He deserves to watch David Harris win a Super Bowl with the Patriots.

And you can't blame Harris for this at all. It's a perfect situation for him and he deserves to get a chance to win a ring. Still looking forward to his Ring of Honor induction.

egelband, NCJetsfan and dmw like this.
  10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

11. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Good for Harris

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

In other news the sun rose this morning.

RPOZ51 and Ralebird like this.
  13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%. I don't want the Pats to win another Super Bowl but if Harris won one I'd be really happy for him. Class act great player. Like us cutting him (have no problem with the move, just the way it went down), him signing with the Pats is a business decision and I wish him nothing but the best.

14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm happy for Harris one of the more classy and respectable players in the NFL. Maybe he can do us a solid and knock McCown out of the game and we can get lucky with Petty. Kind of a reverse Mo Lewis hit on Drew Bledsoe, ushering the Brady era.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Good for David Harris but as a man I'd rather never win a ring at all, than to chase one with the (already) defending champs. Especially a career rival at that.

The Jets did him wrong but had he signed with a team like Oakland etc i could respect him more.

I'll alwaya love The Hitman as an NYJet. One of my top 5-10 favorite Jets of All-Time but with that said, fk him as an N.E Patriot and i hope he loses another two steps and we see a steep decline in his ability (until he retires a Jet).

This isn't a shocker though. Bill Belichick has always loved Harris and Harris himself (who refused to take a paycut) now wants to "stick it" to the Jets.

16. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

This has all the makings of the Shaun Ellis signing, going after aging vet at the end. He likely will never see year 2 of Pats contract. Granted he'll be better for them than Ellis was for them but he's clearly in decline. Now if the Jets can only find a TE that can catch so we can all get some closure having Harris chase our TE around the field unable to catch him it would be icing on the cake in a down year for the Jets.

17. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That chasing is probably more a reflection of the defensive call by Bowles and Rodger. I bet you Belichick and Matt Patricia will have Harris playing like his old self.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Harris wants a ring before he retires. That's understandable. The odds he gets one with the Pats are low, but probably better than any other particular situation right now.

Belichik will keep him around if he is useful and cut him the second he is not. Not knowing the contract details it's unclear how much guaranteed money he got from them but if the answer is very little he could be cut in camp this year. Belichik won't keep a player around who is not highly capable at what he does. The last couple of years Harris was ok but not highly capable. That won't cut it in New England.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This makes me sick!

We have no replacement on the roster.
    Mac made our team worse with this move, and he managed to improve a div rival in the process.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Harris was very solid these last two seasons........which is why Belichick picked him up.

JetsVilma28 and boozer32 like this.