Your Top 10 Jet Players that you're most looking forward to watching (2017).

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 1, 2017.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the ny media has a much easier job when they can beat down on the jets and the jet qb. at this point they are in too deep to back off any. they can't play any other angle but hack is a bust. now they have to sit and pray it comes true

2. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Great thread. This is a lot of fun to read. Particularly as I'm not terribly clued-in on many of the players yet. Grazie!!

3. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Here isn't list in no particular order

1- hack - duh

2- Burris - would be a 4th round daft steal if he is good enough to start along side clayborne and leave skrine in slot where he's better suited and Williams as depth/dime

3- decker - we all remember what happened last time he was the #1 receiver .

4- Richardson - kinda happy we haven't been able to unload him. He has the ability to be an even bigger impact player than mo and Leo when he's on his game and used properly.

5- maudlin - do we have a damn edge rusher or not ? Time for him prove sevicable or get benched

6- beachum ? ( the new o line we signed ) - is he guna shore up the line or be clady 2.0

7- forte - will the new offense cater more to his style and help him put up better numbers than last years offense which he blamed for low production last year

8- lee - I know it's hard to play as a rookie but we have whiffed on so many of our first round picks lately.... we need his to turn into a stud

9- asj- just read the article about him getting his shot together . We will see if that's just his making excuses or he is actually living up to his potential

10- Bowles - coaching a young rebuilding team is no easy task . Will he spin this raw team into gold or titanic use into the iceberg and have us looking for a new coach next year .

Tried to pick some different ones that haven't been mentioned yet

#23 CONN-JET.2.0.3., Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

1. Sam Darnold
    2. Josh Rosen
    3. Josh Allen
    4. Jamal Adams
    5. Marcus Maye
    6. Ardarius Stewart
    7. Chad Hansen
    8. Jordan Leggett
    9. Dylan Donahue
    10. Elijah McGuire

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Awesome idea for a thread.

1. Christian Hackenberg. Obviously, we want to see what he has.
    2. Jamal Adams. I hope the hype is real.
    3. Robby Anderson. I hope he can develop into a 1,000 yard WR for us for a long time.
    4. Darron Lee. I'm nervous about his development, and the state of the defense as a whole depends on his progress.
    5. Jordan Jenkins. He might develop into that OLB this team has needed for..ever now.
    6. Bryce Petty. I'm not ready to give up on him. I still think he could have a future.
    7. Morris Claiborne. Maybe we can have a good #1 again. Let's just see if he stays healthy mainly.
    8. Juston Burris. I think he'll be a breakout player, and I'm excited to see.
    9. Marcus Maye. Jets 2nd round pick starting? Oh god..
    10. Ardarius Stewart/Chad Hansen. I hope one of them provides some year 1 success. WR room is going to be talented.

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

1) Charone Peake
    2) Brandon Shell
    3) Justin Burris
    4) Marcus Williams
    5) Marcus Maye
    6) Jordan Jenkins
    7) Lorenzo Mauldin
    8) ASJ
    9) Jeremy Clark
    10) Jordan Leggett

7. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

I am also interested in seeing what Petty can do. A lot of times with pro athletes it's simply a matter of opportunity and mindset. Interesting and good things can happen.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

I just wanted to quote myself in regards to Jamal Adams.

[​IMG]

This kid already appears to be the truth and I'm already expecting him to make a strong running at 2017's Defensive Rookie of the Year.

The last Safety to win the award was Troy Polamalu (back in 2010) and before that it was Bob Sanders (2007) and Ed Reed (2004).

If it's true that Jamal Adams out of LSU is a generational type of Safety, then I'm not betting my money against a player like this.

I just read a report on how not only did this kid have a fantastic 3 day minicamp physically (by picking off a pass and creating a break up) but mentally he stood out.

They say he was actually calling out the offenses plays... before they even happened (Pre-Snap).

"On a couple of sequences, Adams figured out the offensive play and barked directions to his teammates, alerting them on what he saw. He took charge of the situation, showing no rookie hesitation whatsoever".

"Jets No. 1 pick Jamal Adams already has impressed with his intangibles. Adams, who takes pride in his film study, said he was able to call out a couple of offensive plays before the snap in today's practice. He's also known for his leadership traits".

"A day after his highlight-reel interception, Adams flashed his football acumen on Thursday. On the first set of team drills, he sprinted to the line from his safety spot just as the offense set. He began screaming out commands to his teammates, diagraming the play he believed was coming".

"The play began moments later. The offense ran exactly what Adams predicted. The defense had things perfectly covered. Sheldon Richardson came in for a sack".

"As I frequently say, you never want to get too high or too low on a player based on what happens in an offseason practice. This is still pretty impressive stuff".

"Now I'm moving around, I'm flying to the ball, calling out plays, just knowing the playbook," he said. "There are still some wrinkles, some mistakes that I've made. I'm trying to get better each and every day. When we come back for training camp, everything has to be perfect."

I have not been this excited over a Jets rookie since dating back to Keyshawn. I'm pumped.

This kid is an animal.

9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, looks like an elite blue chip, and sounds like the goods coming out of the spring practices. The D has several guys I'm looking forward to watching

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

1. Christian Hackenberg
    2. Jamal Adams
    3. Leonard Williams
    4. Darron Lee
    5. Juston Burris
    6. Jordan Jenkins
    7. ASJ
    8. Marcus Maye
    9. Robby Anderson
    10. Chad Hansen

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

One player who i didn't list in my top 10, but would as of today is TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins. I've heard he's had a hell of an offseason thus far and has impressed everyone with his athletic abilities.

And we now have an offensive coordinator who actually looks to utilize his pass catching TE's down the middle of the field within a west coast offense?

I'm excited because with a new found off the field focus and a head on his shoulders; you can not deny his overall talents as a big/athletic pass catching TE target.

He's still really young at only 24 years of age too and at 6'5/6'6 260lbs he features lots of athletic athleticism for a player of his overall size.

nicg4360 likes this.
  12. FJF

dylan donahue, he got a lot of reps with the 1's this spring, kevin greene loves him and he is a position we need to improve.
    also
    hack
    quincy enunwa, all the tools to be elite, just needs to take the next step
    legget, liked him in the draft, thought he would go around the 3rd rd
    leonard williams, because he is a beast and beasts are fun to watch
    mo, see if he will be a beast again
    jordan jenkins, another pet pick of mine from last year. can he be mo lewis esque for us
    jamal adams, another beast?
    stewart, wr2 and wr3 are wide open
    wesley johnson, its been a long time since the jets worried about who was starting center.

#32 FJF, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

1. Christian Hackenberg- Can he prove me right
    2. Jamal Adams- Is he the future of our defense
    3. Juston Burris- Can he be a solid #2 Corner
    4. Mo Claiborne- Can he fulfill that #1 potential
    5. Deon Simon- Is he the NT of the future
    6. Austin Sefarian-Jenkins- Can he be the Pro-Bowl TE many considered him to be
    7. Quincy Enunwa- Is he a #1 receiver
    8. ArDarius Stewart- Is he Mr. 3rd Down
    9. Bilal Powell- Can he make the pro bowl finally
    10. Darron Lee- Is he capable of leading this defense.

14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

1 Christian Hackenberg

15. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

1. Hackenberg
    2. Beachum
    3. W. Johnson
    4. Shell
    5. ASJ
    6. A much improved Darron Lee
    7. Juston Burris
    8. Morris clairborne healthy
    9. Lorenzo Mauldin make or break year
    10. Deon Simon

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think Donahue is too small for the NFL... He's been getting reps with the 1s in shorts and t-shirt but once they start hitting and he's getting bottled up easily by tackles I don't think he will end up playing much at all this fall if any.

Leggett could be a decent TE if his head gets right

17. FJF

6'3" 250. 4.57 40,( I sound like raider Joe) he may have the right size/speed along with the motor. It's safe to say mauldin isn't the guy. I am curious with this guy. If Kevin Greene likes him I'm willing to give him a look

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's bigger then Melvin Ingram from the Chargers. He's got an inch and close to 10 pounds it appears.

I don't know much about this guy but people are raving about his potential.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

How dare you list 10 potential superstars.

Have you not heard that we have the worst team in football?????

jeez....

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ingram is a freak of nature though. I saw him up close a lot in college. Incredibly athletic, he was 270lbs at South Carolina and he could've played running back, seriously. I haven't seen Donahue as much but I doubt he's the unicorn that Ingram is.

#40 BrowningNagle, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    boozer32 and 101GangGreen101 like this.