Qb needs help dummies

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

yea, but the starters now are the ones who were filling in at the end of last season - exception being the Jags castoff at LT.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Nice job. I like reading well thought out posts....like this one.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think the most ironic thing is remember sanchez rookie year. as bad as he was. our starting WRs for him was cochery and rookie 7th rounder stuckey. behind those 2 there was clowney and brad smith. dustin keller at TE. none of them made it in the NFL long term outside of cochery. 4 games into the season we traded stuckey and a pick for bralyon edwards. Our WR group was a joke and so was our QB, and we still made the AFC champ game. I still don't know how in the fuck we pulled that off

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

We made it to the AFC Championship because our o-line was Ferguson-Faneca-Mangold-Moore-Woody. In their prime. You couldn't ask for a more elite o-line. We had Shaun Ellis and Calvin Pace hitting QBs. Hell, even David Harris had 5.5 sacks. We forced 31 turnovers. We were 4th in yards per rush against and 1st in yards per pass attempt against (by a wide margin). There was a wide gap between how good our defense was and the 31 other teams. We had a running back committee of Thomas Jones (4.2 yards per rush), Shonn Greene (5.0 yards per rush), and Leon Washington (4.6 yards per rush). Hell, even Brad Smith ran for 207 yards. 2,756 rushing yards combined. Our special teams was phenomenal too.

So to sum up: we got to the AFCC because elite o-line, elite rushing, elite defense, and elite special teams. And the only reason we didn't get to the Super Bowl that year is because Manning is a God damned beast and we abandoned the run game despite the game still being close.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

LMAO all good points. still elite defenses can't do it with shit QBs. look at denver this last year. I'd argue their D was better then ours and run game close as well but still the pass game was the death of them.

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

You mean he doesn't have a plethora of weapons with WR's that have career totals of 70, 42 & 19 career receptions, and behind them, rookies?