2016-17 NBA THREAD

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JetLifeLo, Oct 4, 2016.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lakers have been irrelevant for a little while now. Clippers can't stay healthy, Memphis is still around and the Jazz are really good. All 3 teams you can argue would give the Cavs fits if they were in the East.

Spurs really had some bad luck with injuries to Parker and Kawai, especially Kawai who had the Warriors on the ropes in game 1. West used to be a lot stronger with the Mavs, Spurs, and Lakers. A lot of those teams are rebuilding but still far more competitive then the majority of the teams in the East. Compare any rebuilding team in the west to my awful Orlando Magic. You won't find a crapper franchise right now.

Wizards, Bucks, and Celtics could one day really be a threat to the NBA, but right now they are missing some big time pieces. Cs can't win a title with IT being their best player.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

I really don't think you watch the NBA outside of the playoffs and the occasional Magic game.

4. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Wow, basketball sucks hard. Why were any of those even technical fouls? They got in each other's faces, barely even a push. Should have been a foul on one of the Cavs for fouling West (trying to force a jumpball) otherwise, its the finals, just issue a warning or something. Idk, I barely watch the game anymore and thats one of the reasons.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Meh. Who was the MVP? Im turning this shit off.

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Well there it is. What everybody knew would happen since July 4th. Depressing.

Red Menace likes this.
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Better series than it will get remembered as. Cleveland played well in all four losses, even the first two in Golden State.

9. NYJalltheway

They got dominated both games. What were you watching?

10. JetBlue

They were only down by 8 and 3 points at the half in each game. That's nothing.

Sure, it got away from them in the second half but that's what GS does. You miss three shots and a lead goes from 8 to 17.

11. NYJalltheway

Exactly. The Nets could hang around within reason until halftime, that's not enough time usually for a blowout to be underway that early.

12. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Klay , very average series , less game time Cos of durant?

13. 101GangGreen101

Nah, East is trash. Btw, just take the loss on this convo cause you still haven't answered my question. Pretty pathetic tbh.

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

15. JetBlue

Cleveland's biggest mistake was not trading for Melo. Love for Melo made the most sense for them. As we saw, all of Love's rebounding didn't help them when they didn't have enough scoring to keep up. With Melo they could have won this series. Huge mistake on their part.

16. John Lombardo

I am still working on the research paper you requested. Who the hell says that.. "write a list from weakest/strongest."

How about you just do research before you post next time.. Or maybe you shouldn't, because if you didn't the world wouldn't know Wiggins is a 1st team all pro defender and Delly is a 6th man of the year candidate.

17. 101GangGreen101

Dude, it should take 5 minutes to answer that question. Obviously, you haven't been in a debate before. No one said Wiggins was a first team all pro defender and I never said Delly was the 6th man of the yr. Can't even comprehend correctly.

18. John Lombardo

You said in several posts that Wiggins was a really good defender and could defend Durant. While I can't prove you were inclining he would do it better than Love or Lebron if he had to do it a full 48 minutes, you will be hard pressed to convince me otherwise.

While I am exaggerating the all pro/6th man part, it does not take a rocket scientist you came to this conclusion only because it supports your argument and you had zero idea of his defensive capabilities.. Hell, you still don't. Honestly, my 7 year old nephews would have been able to tell that part of my post was sarcasm.

I also created a lengthy post about how your Wiggins/Delly fantasy was not on any ground based in reality which included support for Love, does that count for my essay?... You can look up if Wiggins is the worst SF at defending in league, or that Delly is in the bottom half of PGs. I guess I missed the part where I had to explain every minute point/detail to you or to anyone to make a point, but I'll pass on that. Also wonder why I have to, and you can literally just say whatever you want. "Why didn't Cleveland bring back Anthony Bennet when he was released??? On the Cavs he would be DPOY every year!!!! Think I am wrong? Write me a plus/minus paper on your argument. Derp, what idiots."

Bears repeating. You have not used one piece of evidence: a stat, play, whatever, since this started that is based in reality. The closest you got to was "Didn't Delly guard Curry good a few times?" You just think, out of the blue, because those players are on CLE they will have totally different tendencies and abilities than they do now (or when they were on the Cavs the first time).

At what point in my debate career am I allowed just to pull shit out of my ass, not support it, then tell people who say I am wrong to go research their stance?

#698 John Lombardo, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  19. 101GangGreen101

nah it doesn't ... btw Wiggins is a good 1 on 1 defender, but is very "raw" in terms of team defense, especially in the pick and roll game. He will improve.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's hilarious to see 76ers fans gloating about trading for Fultz.

1. You have a long way to go, you still sucked last year.
    2. Embiid is one injury away from becoming Greg Oden, and Simmons has never played in a game.
    3. Best of all Danny Ainge is the savviest GM in the league, so you probably just got snookered.