Where is Mac? He has to say something,... Right?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ajitator, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

How do you cut every vet on the Roster without answering a single question?

How do you talk about leadership and culture and then cut Decker AND Harris,... on June 6th?

I can accept that we're going to tank, but now we're going to tank and every player in the league thinks we're run by a ruthless jerk with no thought towards his players beyond $ and cents.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

"ruthless jerk"...?

If anything this team needs someone to grab it by the balls and instill a plan.

The Jets have been adrift for decades.

It's time.

3. Ajitator

I'm on board,. I'm not on board with treating one of our best Vets and all-time Jet with so much disrespect by dumping him so late into the offseason. If they had a number set and they knew they weren't going to budge they should have given him the option to walk long ago and get picked up somewhere else.

4. Ajitator

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Like we haven't already seen this nickel diming circlejerk with Brick, Mo, Fitz, etc. Many posters here have given up on Bowles while giving Mac the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it should be the other way around.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

What the fuck is the plan here?Besides cutting players with any kind of talent?Mac isn't exactly some draft guru.So sick of this shit ,we are getting rid of players that contribute in Harris and Decker.With no replacement on or near our roster.This regime is a complete disaster..

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

and now the fans turn on Mac

TonyFtLaud, Cman68 and FJF like this.
  8. Ajitator

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

That's just the party line. He can't come out and say we're tanking and this is all aimed for 2018 and beyond. He has to peddle this however pathetic it sounds. It sucks but it's necessary. The Jets never intended to compete this upcoming season.

westiedog1, Poeman and Cman68 like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm completed dumbfounded by the response of those in this forum that wanted to tank the season yet they are now pissed off because we cut Harris and Decker. You want to tank, then tank all the way .It is time to change the guards and see who can perform and who doesn't. We don't need their inflated salaries as much as we need the young bucks to grow and play. Great contributors, yes, but the time to dismantle the old is here. It's early enough to give them a chance to land on another team to finish their careers. It's also early enough for this rookies to get their shit together and get big mistakes out of the way during training camp. This is nothing but a "show-me year"
    I hate to see them go, in fact I was hoping for a better season than most. But it is what it is, and we are starting from scratch. We must accept the reality and move on. If the team comes prepared, play properly and hard, no one gets fired, no matter what the record indicates. If the team is undisciplined and half baked, and becomes a laughing stock, then the leadership gets shown the door. And the new head coach gets to play with Sam under center. It's as simple and sad as that.

TonyFtLaud, RonPi, K'OB and 12 others like this.
  11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

exactly. although the tank might be better off WITH Harrison. he can play 1.5 downs

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

LOL. That is pretty true.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I guess he hasn't seen the Browns.

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It's a valid coment. Without any level of veteran name recognition talent then of course the media will dump on the roster. But we largely sucked with those vets last year too.

We have a bottom feeder and 2 question marks at QB. You can count on 2 hands the number of players who have had any level of sustained success in the NFL and that would need to include the long snapper! It's sink or swim time for everyone else. If they sink we replace them and move on, if they swim then great. If they can tread water then we've probably got some roster depth.

I think the team will surprise a lot of people by not being the worst team in the NFL, but don't take that as meaning they will be good. Not being the worst team in the NFL probably means a number of inexperienced players have taken a step forward and we have a core of players to move forward with.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Wanted to blow up the roster, bitches when it happens.
    SOJF

18. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lol seems like some of you really are not understanding the point of a rebuild and how to go about it.

Everyone that was cut was either:
    A) Old
    B) Slow
    C) Expensive

Those are the three key ingredients you must sustain to be cut from a rebuilding roster. Only person that seen the door while being the opposite of all 3 of those is Calvin Pryor. & That's because his replacement is already in order.

So what if Mac let go of what you guys call "contributors" *psst.. we haven't made the playoffs since 2010* This is the right way to go.. Mac is doing a pretty good job so far. Excited to see how this continues to build.

I'd can Bowles though I don't feel like he's the right guy to lead a youth movement but we shall see.

19. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

What do you want him to say?

"We know we are not going to be competitive, so we are going to take a year to evaluate the young guys"?

We all know that's what's happening, but he can't come out and say it. I don't think they are going to intentionally tank (I.e. shave points, bench players showing promise, prevent guys from getting experience)

We are rebuilding, re-tooling, this is what that process looks like. Calm down.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If Hack turns out to be the real deal does that change everything?

JetLifeLo likes this.