Hackenberg still can't hit open targets....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Jun 8, 2017.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Sure. Accuracy makes for nice football talk.

But i literally hate the term and word mentioned within this thread title of... "still".

• Hackenberg is still only 22 years of age.

• He still has not entered his second NFL training camp. •

• He still has yet to play a preseason game behind an NFL starting O-Line.

• He's still yet to play a real NFL game, behind a real NFL O-Line, since after almost getting his head knocked off for two years with a program being punished behind an awful PSU O-Line.

• He still has not (actually) been given a chance alongside of a true number one outside receiver since dating back to his Freshman year under Bill O'Brien in Allen Robinson who a young kid in Hack absolutely flourished with. In wich is still the last time he had a well coached offensive line.

• He still has not had proper time needed in order to gain chemestry with his starting teammates due to being burried behind the likes of 3 QB's in Fitzpatrick, Geno & Petty during his entire rookie year and throughout OTA's, Training Camp, Preseason as well as his Regular Season.

• We still have not had an opportunity to see if he's improved upon last training camp and/or upon last preseason.

How was that for the word "still"?

Great size. Strong arm strength. Has a head upstairs in terms of X's & O's. A football junkie and hard worker on and off the field etc.

But yet he's being written off with words like "STILL" during only his 2nd ever OTA'?

Thnx the Football God's that fans of INDY weren't using words like "still" after only Manning's rookie season.

"STILL".

#21 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Boo fuckn hoo. That bs came right on the heels of that other 'report' troll job claiming that the Jets are a laughing stock according to some unnamed executive. And you're eating it up.
    We're gonna see him in some fucking games soon, then we can make our own minds up. Listen it's possible that they've made their minds up already about Hack and Petty and they're tanking for real for the next draft. Idk, but I'm making my own mind up after I see him play, and I'm hoping for the best.

#22 Walt White, Jun 9, 2017
    Freddy Mondo, hwismer, tomdeb and 5 others like this.
  3. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

TonyFtLaud, NCJetsfan and themorey like this.
  4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

We'll find out in three whole months whether he can bit the broad side of a barn. Think we don't need hacks (no pun intended) telling us otherwise.

Pags2112 likes this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well said man. Well said.

I'm the same way. I need to see for myself. With my own eyes. Before i put my stock into some hacks being paid to create storylines. Because drama sells especially in N.Y.

Same goes for a kid like Darron Lee. Led our defense in tackles before getting dinged up and still ended up ranking 7th amongst all defensive rookie DE's, DT's, OLB's, MLB's, CB's & Safety in total tackles. But yet no one mentions this when harping all over his "coverage ability" as if he's not still developing or fully developed?

Look. I'm all for calling it how you see it. But the way i see it. You're usually supposed to give these kids 3 years. At least 2 years. But not even yet completed their second OTA? It's a bit extreme.

If the likes of Hackenberg & Lee can be written off with boldish words well then can i put both of Jamal Adams and Robby Anderson into the HOF? Because I've seen one play and haven't seen the other but both seem really good.

Can't have it both ways. We as an honest and truthful fan base can only see for ourselves.

And only time will tell both near furure and/or end of chapter. So don't act otherwise all because of hack sports writers looking to sell meal tickets for their families to prosper even if at the expense of young men 22-23 years of age or even worse at the expense of 19-20 year old kids still not even old enough to drink a beer and watch a Jets game with us.

Speaking of Hackenberg does the kid even have facial hair on his face as a man yet? But yet hack writers (grown men) in their 30's and 40's etc can make boldish claims as if they're Jerry Rice or Football God's and I'm supposed to just believe it? Before these kids have even dressed up for their 2nd NFL training camp and preseason? No.

Now players like Wilk, Sheldon, Leo, DeMario, Bruce Carter, Claiborne, Skrine, McCown, Forte, Powell, Beachum, Carpenter, Winters, Devin Smith? O.k. Lets have at it. Lets talk football.

But with prospects and kids like Hack, Petty, Robby, Peake, Enunwa, Jalin, Shell, Jordan Jenkins, Lee, Burris even Lachlan Edwards and our 2017 rookie class?

As a fan within an obvious youth movement I really could not care less about writers selling media while talking about oceans and pass coverages. Let me see for myself.

This sports world needs more hungry beat writers who respect the culture of this game and understand the process of coaching staffs developing kids while coaches tap into untapped potential. Actually talk X's & O's. Write real quality. To one day make a football name for himself. Actually study these kids inside out while writing articles on them. That's the type of sports writing talent who deserves to be trusted after working his way up the ranks as a house hold name.

#25 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 9, 2017
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

My mom and family always told me I was a good writer. I've never taken it serious. Maybe i should.

Scored a 4.7 out of a possible 5.0 on my H.S F-CAT essay. Was a random topic of 'Your Favorite Role Model and Why'. I used my older brother as my example. Top 10% in the State of Florida. Funny coming from a 16 y.o kid who always failed English. Due to not being into what i was reading and being asked to write about. I'll never forget my teacher Mrs. Nash. She was hard on me but now thinking back loved me. Made her proud when she heard my name over loud speaker letting my H.S know my story ranked #1 in the County. I couldn't believe it mysel, didn't know what to say in class, just sat there looking cool but deep down couldn't wait to go home to tell my mom. I had never won an award like that; but she was always right. I could write. Went out for pizza and bowling with a bunch of smart kids from different schools. And here i was. A New York kid. Surrounded by Floridians. Who whould've thunk it. All because of a story about my older brother. It's easy to write about something in which you love. And win, lose or draw I'll always love our Jets.

These sports hacks bother me.

And can add fuel to my fire as a writer.

Use their click bait tactics as my motivation to out write and out sport's talk them.

"Defense Wins Championships"

As the headline after a game in which our Jets defense played dominant football due to Wilk forcing a fumble, Leo records two sacks, Lee in the backfield, Richardson stuffing the run, Adams hard hitting, Maye ball hawking back there and Jordan Jenkins setting the edge.

To be continued with X's & O's...

x DWC.

#26 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 9, 2017
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Son of a bitch, why am I always late to the party! The second that I read that sentence, I was all over it. Congratulations, Sir.

FrontOfficeFanatic? That user name is gonna give me a night terror.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm 90% sure they have already made up there minds about Petty and Hack.Todd Bowles is also going to be fired after this year.

9. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

Kosar use to do that but he would also lead the receiver into the reporter

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Hack has accuracy issues.. Always has.. watch his combine tape, it's so bad that I am surprised he was drafted at all....

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You all better hope Hack can learn to hit someone he's actually throwing to because simply, he is the heir apparent. Macc has too much invested in him not to ride this out with the hope Hack can develop NFL caliber accuracy. In fact, as long as Hack has accuracy issues, McCown will be the Qb as Bowles simply has no choice since Woody didn't give him an vote of confidence extension. If Hack shows nothing in '17, we'll be drafting a Qb in '18 since by that time, Macc won't have much choice either with an owner who's patience may be running out and a fanbase that will have had enough of "potential".

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Pretend Hack was an undrafted FA.

It makes things easier.

13. You're preaching to the choir.But every time this notion gets raised there is an undercurrent suggesting the Jets bring this on themselves.Maybe we've just been beaten down so long w. the team never giving us a single feeling of rejuvenation..rather than lash out we just chalk it up to same old sorry ass Jets.

I think the Hack is article is beyond ridiculous. Anyone familiar w. practice structure be it OTA or TC..knows that not all pass attempts are as cut n dry as meets the eye & that errant throws from time to time are not uncommon. If Fitzpatrick had thrown this ball during his little romance w. the beat it would've been a light hearted joke on twitter/elsewhere for at least 2 weeks

#33 KurtTheJetsFan, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2017
  14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I agree Hack deserves a chance and we should at least keep an open mind. The other thing--Hackenberg was a mid-late SECOND round pick. The scrutiny and the circus around him is not deserved--He probably was a reach for the jets, but that is not HIS fault where he is drafted AND it is not like the jets gave up a Ryan- Leaf bonanza of picks to get him.

NCJetsfan and hwismer like this.
  15. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Ouch, Hack throws pretty hard. No wonder the reporters hate him.. he's giving them the marsha brady treatment

[​IMG]

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Hate "articles" like that one. Indicative of all that's wrong with today's news coverage. It's ONLY about a sensational headline to add some clicks. An errant OTA throw? Who gives a shit. Hackenberg should be aiming for more of them having to endure stories like that.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Nobody knows how good or bad Hackenberg will be, and any speculation/observation about him is just a shot in the dark until he takes a snap in the regular season. I believe Hackenberg has all the tools to be a good QB, it's just a matter of him putting it all together.

The one thing that is blatantly obvious is how RIDICULOUS this witch hunt for him is. Good or bad, love him or hate him, this is just ridiculous. Everything is a hit piece and everyone assumes he will be trash without him even playing. Gotta love the good ol' NY media.

18. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Did you investigate possibility of money owed to Adams in his potential holdout factoring into the inaccurate estimation of pass trajectories by reporters? Ah?? DID YOU????

Didn't think so... And also did manish let you open threads here? Show his signature!!!!

P.S. re bolded..
    I wish they wouldn't let you open threads until you have like 1K posts. :mad:

19. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Actually, there are 2 hopes and 1 fear with Hack:

Hope 1: he can hit nobody and never learn
    Hope 2: he can hit everybody, in windows of any tightness

Fear: he is Sancho-2 middle of the road carrier backup.

20. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Bring some wide receiver gloves to Metlife this fall. Fans might be catching some balls in the stands. Be just like being at a baseball game with a mit. Hopefully the Jets let the fans keep the balls.