Hackenberg still can't hit open targets....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Jun 8, 2017.

1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Looks like Hackenberg still thinks reporters are receivers. Was hitting reporters today in practice. I have seen some tweets about it throughout camp as well. I'm pretty sure some of you are going to give me a hard time about posting this coming from OTA's, but how much worse is it going to get when they start playing in pads. So much for him having a new "pep in his step".

Source: NBC Sports (TGG wont let me include links yet)

thankyourevis and boozer32 like this.
  2. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I was under the impression this practice was closed to the media.

In any case, he was pretty inaccurate in college, and has only been OK in OTA's. Not to mention, the team is clearly tanking for a top QB.

This is pretty believable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

slimjasi and FrontOfficeFanatic like this.
  3. FrontOfficeFanatic

Right. I was never a fan, but was holding out some hope that he might improve and makes things interesting. Looks like same ole issues though. Maybe a mod can include the link I was referencing.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That report is the biggest piece of shit I've seen since anything from Mehta. It's based on Conner Hughes' piece's coming from the three OTA's he attended, and they were positive, for the most part. Any negativity I took from Hughes reports I took with a grain of salt because he doesn't really know what he's looking at anyway
    Go to the Hughes reports see them for yourself.

What would really be funny is if that reporter showed up at a Jets practice and got hit with a Hack bullet right in his fucking nose.

Pags2112, Dom, LarryAlRalph and 10 others like this.
  5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I mean he's only 21. He's got plenty of time to learn. And apparently he's looked better in some aspects as well.

But it's clear he's got a ways to go in his development.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It's click bait garbahg. I'm not one to complain about threads but you could've filed this bs into the existing Hack thread. Maybe Connor Hughes could do something about his acne problem too. Fuckin kid

#6 Walt White, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  7. FrontOfficeFanatic

Sorry bud, still learning my way around the forum and where to post stuff.

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Also so much for that overpriced jock strap carrier McCown. Oh sorry quarterback whisperer.

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

How do we know Hack isn't hitting these reporters on purpose?

10. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

I can't help it but I'm starting to get very discouraged about Hack. My thinking now is if we are in position to draft a top QB how do we pass up on him. We can't .

IMO Hack has to look like the next coming of Bret Farve for me to pass up on Darnold

boozer32 likes this.
  11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Do we even HAVE ota's going on right now? This piece is identical to one that ran last year at this time right after Hack got drafted, and is the reason reporters are banned from most practices.

12. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I would love to see Hack improve... he's still young so there is that. Still, how many college qb's improve completion percentage/accuracy in the pros. Based on NFL history and how raw he looked last year, it would be more surprising if he wasn't floating passes now...

jago likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

1, NBC sports/pro football talk.com rehashes other journalists articles from earlier in the week. Usually mining the nugget that will get people to click. Looks like they nailed it on this one
    2. Unless you know exactly where the qb is supposed throw and the wr is suppose to be its hard to place blame.
    2a I'd imagine a young qb throwing to young WRs in an offense neither know quite yet are having some communication problems that result in these type of incidences.

Pags2112, RuJFan, Red Menace and 3 others like this.
  14. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

This crossed my mind as well. I dont think there has been a positive write up about him at all yet. I'd probably be a bit "errant" myself with "eligible receivers" in the area around reporters that keep throwing jabs.

15. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

My gosh the media is thirsty for any tid-bit of information related to the Jets with all the recent events. It's an early June practice for Pete sake, with who the heck knows on the field at the same time as Hack.

Nothing to see here, moving on. Go Jets!

FJF likes this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Last year the browns gutted the roster and everyone knew what they were up to and not one person said boo. Nyj does the same this year and look at the shit that's being written. Why is it that?

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Lots have. Someone posted a fairly long list just a week or so ago, with a lot of HOF QB s on the list.

JetLifeLo and TonyFtLaud like this.
  18. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same as you. Nice post. Wish someone would give Hackenberg a chance/break before his first NFL pass is ever thrown.

NYJFOREVER and Walt White like this.
  19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Cimni said he threw 2 ints and should have thrown 6 more but they were dropped,he also said he hit 2 reporters.Great pick by Mac ,this guy is utterly fucking clueless on the direction to take the team.He thinks by having a young inexperienced team it's gonna help in the long run.Everyones excited about tanking ....what good is it when we are incapable of drafting anyone that makes an impact.

tbruner12 likes this.
  20. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

You need to relax. Its OTAs - they're putting in a new offense and they have loads of inexperienced WRs and QBs. They all need to learn the offense and that will take some time. At least wait until training camp starts before yelling the sky is falling ...

Peebag likes this.