Kelly green

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FanSinceBIGShea, May 27, 2017.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I want us to wear green jerseys more often, with white pants, that abomination of a game v Buffalo with green/green was just horrible, if we need to wear a white outfit then I have no problem with white shirt and green pants tbh.

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Maybe if you're ND's mascot or want to look like Marshall Univ. - those green pants are for hunger.

Kelly green? Fine, but would like to return to the original (pre-Nike) "rings-around-the-shoulders" scheme.

trivia: Jets one of only 2 teams to only have two colors in their uniforms (Colts)

Speaking of Jets - Colts: now THOSE are football uniforms

[​IMG]

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I like the current uni's. What should never come back is the 80's uni's. I also dislike the green top's and green bottoms. The colors look mismatched.

LogeSection2RowJ and joe like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't see what's stupid about it. It's no more stupid than wearing white pants and white jerseys. I've seen any number of teams wear matching pants and jerseys that are dark colors.

It's one thing if you just don't like the color green, that's fine, but to say that it's "stupid" is not the right adjective imo.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

All the MLB teams are wearing "stupid" camo trimmed uniforms this weekend - that green is not fit for a football uniform. The only right shade of green for a Jets uniform is the one on the Namath picture above. I don't care if you call it Kelly green or hunter green - that's the color.

6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

The jerseys went through another overhaul this offseason and they did away with the unpopular sweatboxes and weird collars

[​IMG]

This is ArDarius Stewart at the rookie premiere wearing our 2017 jersey. They could stand to lighten up the green a bit, but I'm glad the other two elements are gone.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. K'OB

Did you actually like this ?

[​IMG]

It is utterly vile :(

The there is this
    [​IMG]
    Slightly better but still not right without the white pants imo

Walt White and joe like this.
  8. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Not only did they do away with the hideous sweat boxes, but they eliminated the necklace which was a horrendous and unnecessary part of the jersey top...but the most important thing they did was to actually match the color green! If you look at last year's jersey top, the front of the jersey was one shade of green while the sides of the jersey was another hue altogether! That uniform that Stewart is wearing looks good, but if they changed the green to the color rush hue it would look even better...with a white facemask.

9. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

That's nice. Just go back to that. Sorted!

BacktoQueens likes this.
  10. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

This looks like a waiter at first glance.

K'OB likes this.
  11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

This two tone crap looks like sweat stains, it's hideous, I'm with you

joe and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. matt robinson 17

Actually like the uni Matt Robinson is wearing in my signature picture too

13. matt robinson 17

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I use the word stupid because in my opinion it is stupid to try and fix something that is not broken.
    When you have one of the most classic and great uniform such as the Jets "all white" combination it is stupid to mess with it.

joe likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

I can't stand the color rush unis. IMO they're awful, but no because both pants and jersey are the same color. It's that their too bright and garish a color.

If the green in both the pants and jersey are the same shade of green, I see nothing wrong with the unis in the bottom picture. I don't like the two different shades of green. They don't even color coordinate.

#35 NCJetsfan, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  16. NCJetsfan

Perhaps they don't think of the unis as "classic" or "great." Perhaps they see them as "dated" and "tired." All teams have updated their unis numerous times since the '80s. They brought back the "throw back" unis. They did the color rush unis.

I can see being tied to the "classic" unis if the Jets had a long, proud tradition, but they don't. They had one shining moment almost half a century ago.

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"Dated?"..."Tired?"....try timeless.

- "All teams?"...."since the 80's?" Wrong. The Green Bay Packers. The Baltimore/Indy Colts. The Pittsburgh Steelers.

The New York football Giants went the "dark pants" route during the Joe Pisarcik/John McVey era and changed their scheme for the worse (think: the same era and graphic scheme when John Ferguson became GM of the NYR and needlessly screwed with their unis before tradition, common sense and taste prevailed). The Giants not only went back to their original unis but they took it a "traditional" step further by going back to their 50's/60's gray-silver pants and the red numbers & trim on their visiting white jerseys.

Jets: even back in the days before SBIII the "AFL" Jets (along with the Raiders and the "baby blue" jersey Chargers) were acknowledged as having nice duds. The Jets unis aren't the Jets unis because they're their "Super Bowl uniforms" but because they're the classic, ICONIC "ain't broke" uniforms of the New York Jets; uniforms that have no place for ugly effin' green pants.

Some teams may've gotten dated and/or tired - teams whose unis simply weren't good to begin with. Even in baseball, note the number of teams that have adopted the "timeless wisdom" of the Yankees/Dodgers/Cardinals/Cubs by going back to more traditional, classic representations of their uniforms (Braves, Giants, et al).

Ravens? Panthers? ..... they look like cheap iron-on shit you'd find on a clearance rack at Modells.

They are the New York Jets, not Marshall University, and not the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#37 joe, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the jets are all screwed up. green in itself is just not a primary color or one that should be used in uniforms as the primary color. then the fact we only have 2 colors in the uniforms makes it even worse. i think if we used gray it might be a little more tolerable. but its going to be fairly boring no matter what you do.

that said i love the green and white from the 80s, only because thats what i grew up with. i think it popped far more than the crap we have now. not that it popped like the old atlanta falcons unis or the steelers but it was much much better than today. i like the all whites sometimes. but if it were over done it ends up being boring.

and even with that by the time they added the black, which wasnt really very good i was already sick and tired of the 80s unis. so yes, i would love to see them once a year, but no i think that they would bore the shit out of me in a couple years if they were the full time unis.

and the czar still believes that using different helmets during the year is dangerous. so the green helmets wont happen. which by the way makes absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever. the helmets need to be refit during the year anyway, i dont grasp why a new helmet or different helmet would be an issue. they would be much better off making them wear them properly.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

best thing parcells did was to get rid of this:

[​IMG]

Ralebird and joe like this.
  20. K'OB

I don't mind a green helmet with all white unis, gives a good contrast, that is what is wrong with the all greens, it is two dark to be an all one colour uni.

Ideal is green with white pants, opposite colour highlighting and a white helmet.
    Away unis all white with green flashing/numbers and a green helmet.

Just my opinion of course lol

matt robinson 17 likes this.