DID I MENTION THAT I LOVE OUR 2017 DRAFT?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FanSinceBIGShea, May 24, 2017.

1. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

A stroke of genius by Mac to draft 2 safety's back to back, two enormously hungry and winning football players who can be the Jets version of some of the best safety combos over the last 10-15 years. Hard hitters, winners from great schools, two players who will establish and help to set the tone of a new Jets identity on defense.

ArDarius Stewart? A tough as nails SOB, another player of tremendous pedigree coming from yet another outstanding football school. He'll remind some of LV Coles before it's all said and done. His leadership and intangible skills are off the chart, another who will bring a new and crucially needed dynamic to the fabric of this franchise on the field.

You're going to fall in love with Chad Hansen.

Dylan Donahue's daddy was a tough Wyoming Cowboy, his motor never turns off, his tenacity is unmistakable.

Jordan Legget takes no prisoners.

Elijah McGuire will eventually make you fall in love with his second and third effort after initial contact, a raw and rowdy player who has an insatiable appetite for winning.

All of these players selected in this draft are tough as nails with high intangibles, football loving bastards who when we look back 2-3 years down the line will prove to be the class that began to change the way people think about the New York Jets.

Culture change is now underway people's...the 2017 New York Jets are on the rise.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I have to say I am completely shocked that you would be so high on this draft class. Absolutely floored I tell you

#2 FJF, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Okay, which Jets employee are you?

4. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

LOVE the class, absolutely LOVE it. High achieving football players who love the game and come from some excellent programs.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Sometimes, too much positivity can blind us.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Strong thread. Youdontknowfootball.com

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

i hope ur right

8. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

Let me just say this. Taking two S back to back in rounds 1 and 2 was asinine.
    That does not fix anything. Im not sure who was available but this draft was loaded with corners and we would have been better off grabing one instead of Maye.
    Mac better hope this kid from the cowboys plays well

boozer32 likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So far we have "taking two safeties was a stroke of genius" and "taking two safeties was asinine".

This website, I tell ya...

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

As a veteran of reading and posting on numberous Jets fan sites over the years (since at least '98), I can tell you that they're all the same in that regard. There are sunshiners and darksiders, homers and cynics and everything in between on every site.

11. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

What the original poster is speaking of is their opinion. There is no substantiated proof either S will be succesful in the NFL.
    What I am saying has nothing to do with the ability of the players and everything to do with Macs decision to select two players at the same position. I loved the Adams pick btw. Picking Maye was a luxury. We need help in other places.

12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

While the OP may be 100% accurate, I kind of hate this time of year because its all BS really. The news is mostly filled with puff pieces about how so and so thinks they are going to be the best unit in the NFL or how dudeman is working so hard this offseason. Newsflash: everyone is working hard and expects to be the best in May. Until preseason is over then we see what is for real. Everything up until that point is mostly theater.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

True, but I think we can all agree, we love the 2017 Jets more than the 2016 Jets. It would be near impossible not to.

14. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Another new poster who loves to start new threads on things that have already been discussed ad nauseum because their opinion is special. Oh joy...

NYJetsO12, NYJalltheway and FJF like this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Welcome to the new JI.com

You'll fit right in.

The Waterboy and JetLifeLo like this.
  16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

nothing wrong with taking two safeties if you were the pats..not so smart for the jets.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

SG3 is that you ? If not I must ask the question again ----> in which capacity are you employed by the Jets ?

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

As long as one of our two new safeties isn't a mass murderer or a member MS13, we're golden. When Beli drafted TWO tightends, he was ridiculed (until his two TEs were tearing up the league and then everyone needed two good TEs to compete)

19. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

What is the big deal if it's been discussed. It's the offseason. News is slow.

20. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I was unsure about some of these guys before reading this thread, mainly Legget, and Hansen.

However after that unique, in depth analysis of their talents, I am absolutely convinced all these guys will be a pro bowler.

Gold star thread imo.

Imagesrdecieving, Cman68 and FJF like this.