The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

(a) what about the tip jars at mom and pop stores, deli's, pizza joints, etc.? Install 'swipe tip' features on them?

(b) encode the cards so as to be able to do double-duty as voter i.d.?

(c) "harder to manipulate" - how is this fair for future 'undocumented' new arrivals. How are they going to get their "play-by-the-rules" mitts on these supposedly fail-safe cards?

(d) "replaced by saving and accumulation instead of installment plans" - impulse buying becomes a thing of the past altogether? Where's the consumer freedom in that? Stores imho would fight that tooth and nail.

You really see a fully-sovereign Cali turning utopian come 2040?

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

a) tips get paid electronically now as well as by cash. No cash means all tips would be electronic in some form.

b) this is a strong possibility. Since everybody would need a card to purchase there is no reason they wouldn't be good as universal ID also.

c) visitor cards, with balances paid on arrival would be available at every port of entry. Undocumented workers would no longer exist in a cashless society. Think green card for the people really needed to do work nobody else will do and no land of prosperity for other undocumented arrivals. Sneaking over the border would be a good way to starve in a cashless society. People likely wouldn't do it as much if at all.

d) under the work hours concept personal wealth accumulates quickly enough that people would likely be able to afford to purchase as they saw fit. Young people would not have the accumulated work hours to do that but the societal expectation would be that they'd either get help from parents or wait a few years for the wealth to pile up before they purchased big ticket items.

Note that answer d is the only one that is work hours specific, the other 3 apply just to a cashless society in general.

Under a work hours system tips would be obsolete since an hour of waitressing was just recorded as a work hour. Keeping that job depended on how well you did the waitressing since the owner paid a work hour to whoever was doing the job and would have an incentive to keep only the best wait staff as that promoted future visits by diners.

Under our current system the wait staff is underpaid by the establishment and expected to gain additional income from the largesses of the customers under an accepted scale. Under a work hour system the price paid for food and service would be clearly marked on the menu and the wait staff would get their hours pay for an hours work.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

If somebody is truly keeping track of work hours I'm going to starve to death, and so is this forum.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It isn't communism, but it smells like communism.

JetBlue likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

We know how you feel Melania.

Murrell2878 and mute like this.
  6. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Trump only went to WW so he could compare it to his future wall :)

7. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

In before Trump uses the UK bombing as a way to push his own agenda, with an "I was right" kicker.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Are you seriously proposing that the guy who excises the tumor from your infant daughter's brain gets compensated the same as the guy who washes your car?

HomeoftheJets and JetBlue like this.
  9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It doesn't even have to be that extreme. How about the gal who creates the art that leads to a company's success gets paid the same, hourly, as the guy who answers the phones. I'm sure nobody will look at the importance of their role, quality if work and output and think they deserve more than someone else because it is now all in electronic form.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This reminds me of this post.

[​IMG]

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

(a) "ALL tips would be electronic in some form." - strippers are really going to love this not to mention the customer whose expense-related whereabouts can now be traced. ALL tips are now going to be 'electronic' and involve the recipient as well vs. simply greasing a palm or feeding a tip jar? Inefficient. Cabbies? Bodegas in East L.A? Mom and Pop stores in Koreatown? This "everything conducted under Big Brother's eyes" system ain't flying with them imho and besides, there are always going to be the need for "cash businesses" for a variety of "unofficial" reasons, meaning if there's a market and "compensation" to be made they will exist in some form with or without Big Brother's currency card.

(b) "strong possibility" (currency card also serving as voter i.d. cards). - I was making a somewhat cryptic point about a totally "user-friendly" voter i.d. card distribution system being put in place NOW for everybody--meaning every U.S. citizen--so as to do away with any voter suppression issues once and for all; now.

(c) "visitor cards with balances paid on arrival would be available at every point of entry." - so, much like a car lease, what happens when I go over the limit before the end of my trip? Pay a penalty? Adios tourism. Who earmarks 'X' amount of currency to a 'T' prior to the beginning of a trip? Then there's the impulse purchase thing being curbed which retailers will really like as well. As for the 'undocumented', you can pretty much guarantee corruption at some level (e.g. fake I.D. = access to currency cards, etc.).

(d) "work hours concept" - our hard-working hooker friends are gonna love this as well. Add a bunch of quick-on-the-draw cheapskate 'customers' to the mix and now you have some poor hooker having to turn 10 tricks an hour for the former price of one. Sore pussy and nothing but a razor-thin currency card to show for it. Big Brother Br4d's war on women. . Seriously through, this system would generally suck for 'service industry' workers. Cabbies, bartenders.....who wants their gratuities processed along these totally traceable channels?

Overall: if the State Dept. has shown it's capable of misplacing a few dollars here and there, then putting in place a currency card system in which a bunch of bureaucrats control your purse strings is a sure-fire recipe for a lot of under-the-table "play for pay" going on as well. As it is, who gets a lot of the grease no matter what political system's in place? After further review: the officials.

New No.2: “Good day, Number Six.”
    No.6: “Number what?”
    New No.2: “Six. For official purposes, everyone has a number. Yours is number 6.”
    No.6: “I am not a number, I am a person.”
    [​IMG]
    No.6: “I also have a problem . . . I'm not sure which side runs this Village.”
    The Colonel (James): “A mutual problem.”
    No.6: “Which I'm going to solve.”
    The Colonel: “Quite.”
    No.6: “If not here . . . then elsewhere.”
    --Many Happy Returns

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

this is the 3rd time she has done some shit like this. I dont like gossip but the rumors might be true she hates him and is just sticking around until his presidency is over.

Can't really feel sorry though. She did marry him because of money.

#2492 mute, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Cman68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

Mick Mulvaney on budgeting with realistic estimates of economic growth:

"That assumes a pessimism about America, about the economy, about the people, about its culture that we're simply refusing to accept. We do not believe that [3 percent] is something fanciful."

What the fuck.

14. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I enjoy Donald Trump ALMOST as much as I enjoyed Rob Ford. RIP, Rob. It was the one time I was pissed off that I wasn't Canadian.

17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Look at that weak president bow to the king of SA.

[​IMG]

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

In other news, Trump praised the Philippines president on murdering thousands in their drug war.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That's really gotta be pissing of The Don. He who bragged about grabbing women by the pootie can't even get his trophy wife to hold his hand in public. I wonder if she takes Dramamine before she sleeps with him..

#mustbethemoney

mute likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

Melania is Rapunzel, locked in the penthouse of Trump Tower and letting down her hair for a handsome stranger (anyone but Anthony Weiner) to whisk her away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.