2017 OTAs Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 23, 2017.

1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I read the opposite, hack was not very good and petty was 4-7 no INTs , other BBs threw INTS.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

People tend to see what they want to see... Hack fans will see Hack as the second coming of Peyton Manning. Petty fans will see a huge improvement. I doubt seriously if there's any McCown fans around but those that want to see the Jets play themselves out of a top 5 pick will continue pushing the McCown must start because he "gives them the best chance to win"..

Just another day in Jet Land..

TonyFtLaud and Pags2112 like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Most of this is true except for the mccown part. Anyone who wants the jets to play themselves out of the top 5 has to be rooting for petty or hack. History tells us if mccown starts the chances of picking 1st goes up,like way up.

nicg4360 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It is hard to argue with 2-20 isn't it...

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I see your point, and yes, I am looking at it from a fan's perspective, a fan who has been waiting almost 50 years for a championship. I understand that my time table and the GM's are probably different, but if all the fans were so laid back and tolerant of whatever the team did, they would never change. Fan impatience is a driver of team improvement, even when the fans are "unknowledgeable".

Frankly the fans have been too patient with this team, they've accepted poor to mediocre performance for decades. How was our "patience" rewarded last season, as we watched Fitz throw 6 interceptions in one game, and then be allowed to continue being the QB? Or how about the patience we showed waiting for Rex to become a good HC, which of course didn't happen (and probably will never happen for him). Most fans saw Idzik as out of his depth pretty quickly, and it was their impatience that prompted Woody to pull the plug sooner than he probably would have.

But yes, I understand that regardless of all this, patience is still required - up to a point. And yes, the first day of OTAs is too early to draw any valid conclusions. My comment about Hack being a "loooong way from being ready" wasn't meant as a final verdict, but simply an expression of concern about the handling of a highly drafted QB who supposedly is capable of being a FQB. If his self-confidence is so fragile, how will he ever achieve his potential?

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So how did Bowles do today?

7. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Punted on 4th down, 3 mins left, down by 8

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Business as usual.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree with your assertion that the team would never change if the fans didn't demand it. Perhaps the fans have been too patient with the team in the past, but that's hardly the case now. Fan impatience will not do anything during OTAs, nor should it, and it's just silly to think that it will. If Mac and/or Bowles opted against what they knew to be best for the team and the Hack because they knew the fans and media would be impatient to see Hack in action, then both should be fired and never work in the NFL again.

I don't care if Hack doesn't take a single rep with the starters in OTAs. It's where they are during TC, and more important how the depth chart reads when they break TC. All the impatience in the world on the part of the fans isn't going to change any of that one iota, nor should it. The time the fans should show dissatisfaction is when the season begins if McCown has been named the starter. Then fans should stay away in droves, or show up and boo McCown every time he takes the field.

#49 NCJetsfan, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Pags2112 likes this.
  10. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I want to laugh.
    I want to cry.
    The life of a Jets fan,
    My, oh my.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

From schefter:

One interesting item to pop up this spring: Jets are pleased with the way QB Christian Hackenberg has looked. The Jeremy Bates effect.

12. FJF

This tweet is over ruled for going against the well established narrative

#52 FJF, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Obviously showing off against 3rd stringers and UDFAs

14. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I would love if that was true, and the Jets really have confidence Hack could be the guy.

I'm going to remain skeptical, but I would love for this team to no longer be in the "looking for a QB" camp

15. 101GangGreen101

On another note, Pryor definitely lacks the drive to be a good player in this league. His father had to talk to him after his rookie year to step his game up. He then had an EXCELLENT 2nd year, but then was total shit his 3rd. Probably didn't work on a God damn thing. Probably didn't work on anything this off-season either hence the 2 drafted safeties. To me, it seems he has nothing to prove. Hopefully, there was an issue behind him not showing up to OTAs.

16. FJF

So I just read an article on cbs based around the schefter tweet. They used terms like "failed plan" "revive hacks career" . Why are people acting like hack has been in the league for 4 years?

Mogriffjr and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  17. FJF

I get the feeling that Pryor has some quit in him. Draft 2 Safeties and now he doesn't even want to try to compete? Maybe it's something else but that's what it seems like

18. 101GangGreen101

Yeah, we don't know the full details, but all indications point to him being a quitter. He could've carved himself a really nice role on this team despite drafting 2 safeties. He cannot be depended on in terms of playing in coverage. Never in my life have I seen a DB fall as many times as Pryor.

FJF likes this.
  19. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Do we get updates today, or is there no press allowed?

20. That Schefter tweet was like going back to 10 years old and getting validation on the existence of Santa Clause.Just want it to be true so very badly. Queue the 60's eagle fan footage!