2017 OTAs Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 23, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks anyway. Good effort.

2. NCJetsfan

OK, thanks. I didn't see those arrows before, but they're there now.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Very well said indeed. He is probably the last or second to last of the "shit for brains" players from the prior regime.
    Talented but unable to learn the subtleties of the NFL. If he doesn't get his ass in camp soon I would hold him on the sidelines as unfit to participate till the final cut to 52 and ship his ass out unless something happens in training camp with a team that is willing to give s a draft pick.
    We don't need that kind of BS in the midst a true rebuilding.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So, not to jump on the panic wagon, but if Hack is really being considered as a possible FQB, why would they have him with the 3rd string and UDFAs? Answer: He's still a looooong ways from even getting near the starting job. Not very reassuring.

5. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

They are all rotating. They will get equal time on each field.

6. NCJetsfan

It could be for as simple a reason as he has zero NFL experience and got few snaps last year. Why on earth would you put a player in that situation with the 1st string or even the 2nd string?

#26 NCJetsfan, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

true but it is more fun to speculate that he sucks

HomeoftheJets and Pags2112 like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

It's not like it's live action. Why not put him in to see where he's at?

9. Pags2112

LMAO .. FJF , you hit the nail on the head! I think you just summed up 3/4 of all the posts and posts to come! Hackenberg will be over evaluated on every throw .. lol it's Day freakin one .. if he had a perfect practice .. who cares .. it's Day freakin one.

- Note: It's voluntary spring practice. Peeps need to chill .. conditioning and acclimating to the new offense are more what these practices are about then deciding who the QB will be. Nothing like the order they take 1st team snaps is an indicator of who the starter will be right now.

The guys in the medical shirts IMO are more important and it was a great sign that Decker was moving around the way he was.

10. ColoradoContrails

First, I didn't say he "sucks". Maybe he will some day be a FQB. But supposedly he did all this work in the offseason with a QB guru, and so many here have called for him to actually start the season ahead of Petty, I thought maybe they would let him have some 1st or 2nd team reps to assess his actual progress. If he can't handle even that level of challenge, that doesn't bode well.

Pags2112 likes this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It's day one of OTAs... it actually crossed my mind before creating this thread that maybe I should just lay low, let someone else do it because I didn't want to be the one responsible for opening the door to over-analyzing and overreaction.

12. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Even if Hackenberg looks shaky it is the first time throwing with these guys. Not surprised.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

None of the QBs looked good in their first day, check back at the end of OTAs

Pags2112 likes this.
  14. Yeah...,that would be brash & not really fair to the team or the player. He's in the unique situation of having 0 experience, not a highly selected rookie & yet still a focal point of the media. Appears everyone is going to rotate so no sense in putting him in a bad situation that might stun is growth.

That said, sooner or later the Jets are gonna have to show their hand. It's understood that they are taking a longer viewed approach to his development & want to shield some of the criticism;But it'll be a disastrous look if they either never expose him to a viewing audience before releasing him, or when they finally do let him loose he's as bad or worse than our dark side imaginations can ponder. No reason to keep us all guessing & anticipating if he's truly garbage.

15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

You could almost guarantee that he would be with the third string today, and next Tuesday and the Tuesday after that. The only days media have access in other words.

JetLifeLo, almbleamal, RuJFan and 3 others like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

while richardson might be right about how removing the cancer that is brandon marshall is good for the team, the guy can't go through 1 fuckin day of calisthenics without shooting his mouth. that's telling in it's own right....... maybe there were '91 reasons why' last season was a trainwreck too

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He looked an arrogant shithead to me, all fine if you are producing the goods, not so when you have been a dick and poor on the field.

18. NCJetsfan

Why not take it slow with him and avoid putting any undue pressure on him? There will be plenty of time for him to get his reps with the 1st stringers. You're looking at it from a fan's perspective rather than from a GM or CS perspective imo.

hwismer and Pags2112 like this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

They are going to let him get reps, it just didn't happen today which led to your post about how he has a loooong way to go to get the starting job.
    I stand by my post

Pags2112 likes this.
  20. Pags2112

Yep and it will be a few more weeks until the media gets access to talk to him .. Petty is up next.