2017 OTAs Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 23, 2017.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

They've begun! Use this thread to post tweets, pictures, videos, etc. from OTAs. Notable tweets so far:

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Who takes the first snap and how many people over react to who takes the first snap are the biggest plot lines for me this week

Jay Bizniss and Jets_Grinch like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

Nice to see our guys all on the same page. That's an achievement considering some of the guys you're talking about... Richardson, Wilkerson, etc.

4. BroadwayAaron

5. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

6. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Hackenberg skyrocketing up the depth chart

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Pryor blew it off. What a bitch he is

8. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Looked like Hackenberg struggled today with the third team. However, I read he will get an opportunity with the first team this offseason. Should be very telling.

Looks like Petty is playing solid, or at least, I didnt see any terrible tweets.

9. BroadwayAaron

I read the opposite... Hack and Leggett had nice days (Leggett had a nice day at least) with the third team and Petty looked shaky going in between both.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I hate that. We rely on the writers to give us a representation of the day. I read that Hack had 1 interceptions, and two dropped, as well as a nice throw to Leggett.

Who tweeted that he had a nice day? I generally trust Connor Hughes.

11. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

if you watch the few instagram videos posted earlier. There was a throw by Hack on a 5 yard out route that was WAY inside.

It was completed, but a throw that far inside will be picked 9 out of 10 times.

12. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

15. NCJetsfan

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

17. NCJetsfan

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/23/calvin-pryor-absent-from-jets-otas/

Calvin Pryor absent from Jets OTAs
    Posted by Josh Alper on May 23, 2017, 11:54 AM EDT
    [​IMG]Getty Images
    After the Jets selected safeties Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye with their first two picks in the draft, many people wondered if their arrival would mean the end of Calvin Pryor’s time with the team.

They didn’t pick up Pryor’s fifth-year option, but coach Todd Bowles said that there was a place for Pryor in packages that feature three safeties on the field at the same time. Bowles also said that if Pryor is afraid of competing for playing time, he didn’t “need to be here.”

Pryor may have taken that to heart. According to multiple reports from the Jets’ beat, Pryor is not at the start of the team’s Organized Team Activities on Tuesday.

If the Jets are going to cut Pryor, he’d probably prefer it happen sooner rather than later so he has more time to spend with a new team before the start of the regular season. That may account for his approach to OTAs, but there’s not much pressure for the Jets to make that call at this point and Pryor extending his absence through mandatory minicamp next month would put him at risk of fines.

I can't believe that Pryor isn't here working his butt off. Either his agent is as stupid as Pryor, or Pryor just isn't listening/thinking. He ought to be here working hard to improve and prove he belongs, if not here, as a starter elsewhere. With his staying home, he isn't helping his cause with other teams if he's hoping to be cut or traded. I can understand not wanting to risk injury, but imo he has something to prove to other teams, and he needs to be here working hard if he hopes to have any chance of starting with another team. He seems to not love the game, to have little self respect, and not really care. If he is trying to induce the Jets to cut him, I hope they wait until the very end of TC just so he has the least chance of catching on with another team. I really liked his play at Louisville and wanted the Jets to draft him, but if I had known what a dumb, pathetic POS he is, I sure wouldn't have.

18. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

It was a video, ESPN must have changed to a still. oh well.

19. BroadwayAaron

Move the mouse to the right hand side of the video, you'll see an arrow come up like you're clicking through a slideshow.

20. BroadwayAaron

I misread the Legett/Hackenberg stuff. It was Legett having a nice day and Hackenberg joining him on the field with the backups. Here's the tweet about Petty: