Jets are Worst Team in League - Peter King

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ralebird, May 22, 2017.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

There's a difference between being the worst team and finishing the year with the worst record. Based on our schedule I could see finishing with the fewest wins this season. Browns, Bills 2x, Jaguars, and Panthers are the most likely W's on paper, the rest are going to be an up-hill battle.

So if we win 2/5 of those games and one or two more along the way I'd say a 3-13 or 4-12 record could be the worst in the NFL.

2. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

It's so hard to determine where we will be. Injuries will play a part wether it be to our team or another team on our schedule. I think we need to see how it plays out at the beginning of the season. Remember we play the Bucs and with Fitz signing oh damn Winston of course will be on IR and Fitz will be starting. I see two interceptions for Adams that game. High five. Lol.

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Kings really putting himself out there with that prediction.

Balls o' steel right there.

4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

The Rams, 49ers, and Jaguars are all worse than the Jets. The Jets, Bills, Bears, and Browns are one step up from bottom feeders, and one step below the Chargers and Bengals, who at least have their QB situations, but nothing else.

5. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

If the Chargers are in place to draft a franchise quarterback next year I see a possibility...love rivers but he's getting up there. Great guy to mentor a new qb to take over.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He said something similar when we went 10-6 ...Who gives a shit about Peter King.These guys think they can predict the future and are always wrong about there predictions.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Based on what we know about the teams as they are right now and the perceived improvements, I'd place us above 49ers, Bears, Browns, Rams, but that's all. Optimistically speaking who knows. Hack could be Derek Carr 2.0 and lead us to the playoffs on the back of a double digit season. Chances are even if he is DC2.0 we're still around .500 at seasons end.

I would have to say that I do disagree vehemently about the Jaguars being worse than we are. Yes, I know I previously posted that they could be a potential W candidate this season but only due to potential of Bortles falling off the rails. They have a very good young team, and once more I'll reference the Raiders in saying that this team could be the next Raiders. That team on the come-up that went from worst to first. The only question mark this team has is QB.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, it shouldn't come as a surprise that no one wants to hear that their team is the worst in anything. That really doesn't change the reasoning behind the evaluation though. Our d was overrated last year and with Kacy Rodgers and Bowles still calling plays, I really don't that much of a leap coming. We may have new safties, but they're still young. We still don't have any way to put pressure on a Qb sans a blitz and no edge rusher. So, if the offense doesn't have some epiphany and transforms itself into a functioning WCO hybrid, the D will spend roughly the same amount of time on the field they did last year and that doesn't bode well.

What are the odds of our Offense becoming a functioning unit after only one TC under Morton? Not good at all. Our "M" will probably start and given his 2-20 record over the last several years or so, its not looking good at all for the Jets.

King may be a Patriots fan, but in this instance 32nd may be harsh. I wouldn't go much past 28th. Still in the bottom feeder group of 2017 teams. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day so King may be right this time too.

As usual with the Jets, hope for the best, plan for the worst...

#48 Cman68, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Jaguars & Bengals are considerably better than all the other teams mentioned including the Jets.Bengals have a ton of talent but lack situational composure as well as stamina. Jags have holes but still have a ton of young talent, but are missing something at QB.

The Jets are in the same boat as the Bears,Niners & Jags. It's all about finding the QB. Sure they all have massive holes on their roster..but if they were to solve the QB riddle things could quickly fall into place or give them the necessary direction to fill in the cracks within an offseason or 2. Bears & Jags have young QBs in place..but they need to step up & show their worth to climb out of this sector.

The Bills,Rams & Browns are on a similar tier except they've been inept for such a long stretch it will take alot more than just a great QB to cure what ails them.They need a few big franchise wins & likely a few alphas on both sides of the ball.

westiedog1 and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. TwoHeadedMonster

Every year for the last decade, the Bills, Jaguars, and Bengals have underperformed. I suspect they will again.

11. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

The Panthers will wipe the field with this team.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Fuck no I'm not embracing his ass kissing Pats BS. Hope this team shoves his forecast up his ass by years end.

#52 LAJet, May 23, 2017
    rohirrim665 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think you need to get some help with your drug problem.

How is our D so great? We have a clueless DC. We have a very good 3-4 DL, but that's it. When they play a 4-man front, we have no real DEs. We have no stud edge rusher that can supply constant pressure and only one of our OLBs can set the edge. Harris is good at ILB but slow as molasses. Lee has speed, and has shown some promise, but still is a work in progress. At CB, we have Claiborne who isn't all that great when healthy, and can't stay healthy and on the field. We have some potential in Burris, but he was beaten a lot last year. We have a couple of other veteran CBs who play decently/well at times and like crap at others, and we have tall rookies who are raw and on the slow side. We have two potential studs manning the safety positions, but both are rookies and will undergo a learning curve and undoubtedly make some mistakes that will hurt. Where is the greatness in this D?

14. NCJetsfan

The Panthers???? ROFLMFAO!!!! Dude you are absolutely clueless if you seriously think we could beat the Panthers. That team could beat us handily with Anderson, their backup QB starting. They have tons of offensive talent and even though they've lost some talent on the defensive side, still have a very good front 7. We'll be lucky to not get blown out in that game.

15. NCJetsfan

There's no way that the Jags are worse than the Jets, and the Rams may be better as well.

On Offense, the Jaguars have Allen Robinson, Fournette, Marcedes Lewis, Mychal Rivera, Marqise Lee, Rashad Greene, Sr., Allen Hurns, T.J. Yeldon, and Chris Ivory. They may have one of the best group of young WRs in the NFL. They have a deep and versatile RB corps, and Fournette could be ROY. Cam Robinson may not be much as a pass blocker, but he is a great run blocker and teams will have a tough time stopping Fournette. At QB Blake Bortles is better than any QB we have on our roster. It's not saying much, but even their TE corps is better than ours. On D, they have Myles Jack, A.J. Bouye, Yannick Ngakoue, Dante Fowler, Jr., Calais Campbell and others.

I know little about either the Bears or Niners, but looking at both their rosters and depth charts, they appear to be worse off talent-wise than the Jets, although both have some very good players. There are just a lot of names there that I've never heard. The Rams look to have a very good front 7 on D, and a few nice pieces on offense, but their QB position is probably worse than ours.

We should only wish that we were a step below the Chargers and Bengals.

westiedog1 likes this.
  16. TwoHeadedMonster

I agree with all of this. On paper, the Jaguars should be pretty good, should compete for a playoff spot. On the field, I'd bet they will win 4-6 games.

17. Toronto's Biggest

Toronto's Biggest Active Member

I honestly don't see how this team is any worse than last year. Seemed like all the vet cuts had already been played off of the roster by young talent before being cut

This doesn't mean we're not the worst team in the NFL, but I just don't see this team turning in a Cleveland Browns style 1-15 season.

FJF likes this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I know the Browns have been a joke for years but they seem to be building a very solid roster. They were pretty competitive last season,(we're in most of their games) picked up some of the top FAs in the off-season. Had a great draft, signed some very good UDFAs. Have a ton of cap space and are loaded with draft picks next year. I think they will surprise this season.

NCJetsfan and westiedog1 like this.
  19. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Did I mention that Peter (liberal social activist) King can go eat a bag of dicks?

Bad news for the crowd either hoping the Jets tank or predicting they do this upcoming season.

Ain't happening, bitches.

Nor should it.

Jets will be a competitive football team this year.

2-14?

Dream on.

3-13?

Try again.

This team will win 6 games minimum.

This year's team is the start of something BIG.

Tank City?

Try another team...cause that ain't happening at One Jets Drive.

#59 FanSinceBIGShea, May 23, 2017
    Footballgod214 likes this.
  20. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

I really hate spell check sometimes.
    This is one of those times btw