Everyone opinion On will Sheldon Richardson be traded

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ohnoit'sGeno, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Beki

Beki Active Member

Well, I still believe that we won't be able to trade Richardson because of his current salary + as we could see some reports suggested that interested teams wanted him to take a paycut, that is what won't happen.

Plus, I am very curious whether Bowles and Rodgers will decrease the play time of Sheldon, be honest, that is what he would deserve.

Of course, the best would be if we would have a +10 sack seson.

2. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I hope the Jets trade him. If not, he's going to walk for nothing. There is no guarantee we get a compensation pick for him.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

One of the Jets beat writer says it more likely they are going to trade him by the trading deadline. They can possible get more than a mid rounder pick.
    That might turn out to be true( trade deadline ) because teams are reluctant to pay 8 million for one year rental . They might be willing to trade for him when they can pay him a little less.( jets paid him for the couple of games) They would have to feel he can put them over the top.

Where I disagree with the beat writer is Sheldon Richardson trade price goes down the longer they wait to make that deal.( not up).

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets ever get offered a 3rd he's gone before that conversation is over. I'm guessing teams are offering Santonio Holmes type offers of a 5th round pick. Problem players are problems and trading them is problematic unless you're willing to take a fire sale price.

I'm guessing he walks in free agency at the end of the year and the Jets wind up getting no comp pick back because they'll likely be players in free agency next year. It would be nice if they weren't players in free agency but that requires a few young players coming due to get signed to reasonable contracts and the Jets aren't very good at that.

Pags2112 likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Something better than nothing Mac....

Get a 5th Rounder if thats all the market will bear...we all know you have been trying

jmho

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Some team will lose a stud DT for the year during training camp and will be forced to acquire richardson......

Depending on what team i can see a 3rd rounder.

7. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Jilozzo has the best scenario for what might happen to Richardson. With all the other team in the league it's probable that one DT will go down. Hope it's not in our division. And take what ever they offer.

8. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Or some team will lose a crazy man.

9. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

I don't think Richardson will get traded. Mac is on shaky ground IMO and he can't afford to trade Sheldon for crap and watch have a double digit sack season which is possible. They will let him play out his contract and sign him to a deal with an escape clause for based on conduct or fanchise him.

10. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

If any team wants to beat Tom Brady and the Patriots inside pressure is needed Richardson could be great for a contender. Atlanta's DT was playing out of his mind the first few quarters and we alll know what happened after

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. Mac is not on shaky ground. Woody doesn't like players with bad character, either. They will not re-sign Richardson. He has said multiple times that he expects big money in his next contract. I don't think he is intelligent enough to realize that with his off-field issues, he isn't going to get that big money. Re-signing him would tie up too much money in the DL and in the 3-4 DE position. It would be a totally stupid move on the Jets' part. If Mac was to do that, he should be fired, and not just on shaky ground.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Richardson was a 1st round pick and the DROY and is a top 5 3/4 D-Lineman playing on his rookie contract.

If Macc can't turn THAT into a 1st round pic he doesn't deserve to be our GM.

13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He also has had 2 suspensions, a high profile arrest, would be a one year rental, and his production has declined since his rookie year.
    That does not equal a first round pick.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Seriously? OMG SMH You've posted some wild shit on this board in the 2-3 years I've been on, but this is the wildest. You need to put the bong down. You aren't dealing with reality if you seriously think what you posted is true. Richardson is a nut job driving over a hundred in a congested area with his nephew (or cousin) in the backseat. He's also a loudmouth and possible locker room cancer. He's publicly proclaimed on more than one occasion that he expects his next contract to be a BIG one. Unless the new team can sign him to a new long-term contract, he would be a one-year rental. It has been a long time since his rookie season and he hasn't come close to that kind of production again. Mac will be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him, maybe a 2nd if a couple of teams have their starting DT go down and there's competition for Richardson (which I doubt).

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He really can't keep his mouth shut, I agree with you Sheldon, but get over it.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Maybe he just really likes Josh McCown!

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

McCown is the party starter after all. All aboard the McCown-copter!

18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

That was pretty funny but this is going to be a big story again......I will say though that for Richardson to be talking about this out in the open means it must have been really bad in the locker room last season. Still not a fan of airing out your grievances in public but Marshall was the Fitz apologizer last season and its pretty clear that it caused a lot of division in the locker room

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Nah, no trade of Richardson. He enters the season with much to prove, when at top of his game he is one of NFL's best DL. Highly motivated player coming into the season - I sense a big year for him.

Pags2112 likes this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

snoopy bowl just got more interesting