Jets Lose Rex Hogan to Colts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, May 12, 2017.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He took a promotion and is good friends with their GM. Pretty standard move. His work here began in 2015 and we're about to find out how he did, results are still rolling in.

FJF likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Oh relax...

No link. No cognizant text.

You didn't even feel it important enough to type out a thread about it.

I win...you lose.

I'm still stuck in So. FLA surrounded by Dolphins garbage. I'd like some support from my fellow green brethren.

Out.

3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I thought the OP's name was a reference to Front Office Football. I was completely hooked on that game for a long time.

4. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Jets69 likes this.
  5. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Guy post something news worthy that main stream media probably won't cover, and the dope contingency on this forum jumps all over him.

I come here to hear things about the team I root for that I wouldn't get in other places. I found the post interesting and informative. It's way better than another "Geno sucks" thread.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yea but geno didn't get a fair shot

7. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Look at all those division titles, playoff wins, and super bowl appearances that Rex Hogan brought us. Up until he left the team, I didn't know Rex Hogan from Hulk Hogan.

Acad23 likes this.
  8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Wait... where did you see this article? What magical tool do you have to read such information? I have been waiting for the Article Man to knock on my front door for weeks and he has not done the needful. I must know your secret.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I must say this thread got more play then I expected.
    Of course it is more a back and forth between the Dudley Do-rights, who are apologizing for the unseemly behavior of those who would dare question the worth of said thread, and the neanderthals, who did not properly welcome the new comer with coddling words, rather than a discussion on the thread topic.

By the way, does anyone else picture NCJetsfan like this, every time he apologizes for the heathens on the site.
    [​IMG]

11. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Pinky needs to be sticking out...

These apologies only until the newcomer dares to question an opinion. Then it's inevitable insult followed by the dreaded ignore hammer. :)

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

This was my other choice
    [​IMG]

RuJFan, egelband and IDFjet like this.
  13. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

This is pretty funny. Well done.

14. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Cheers. Gonna try the norton one on my mobile. Good point.

15. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I don't mind the criticism, I followed TGG for a decade but never created an account to get involved in the conversation, glad I finally did though...should be fun. Here is my perspective on why this is newsworthy--we have to understand that the Owner, GM and to a degree the HC are responsible for the big picture direction of the organization. Essentially they are creating the skeleton of how the team is built and the framework for how they want the operation run.

In my opinion, the guts of the operation are those supervising the day-to-day...all the way down to the guys that are sitting in the bleachers of the bowl games deciding if an OLB has enough to make it as a pass rusher in the NFL. I pay more attention to who's DOING THE WORK. Let's all assume the Mac and Bowles are the guys that have the right vision for the team; what will that matter if their subordinates can't execute? Wouldn't you all agree that we have had some pretty lousy second level coaches and execs over the years?

Thank you all for the warm welcome =)

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Relax? I'm not the one who's upset or uptight.

So I didn't start a thread about it. Big deal. That doesn't mean I didn't think it could potentially be a big loss for the Jets. I didn't know enough about him to start a thread, so I decided to wait. I don't always start a thread about every bit of Jets news I see.

Why do you need to feel support from Jets fans? Are you that insecure? Even more importantly, how does being a jerk with a brand new poster garner you that support or make you feel better? Go kick some Dolphin fans around if you're that miserable, don't take it out on fellow Jets fans.

17. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Some of us are cynical and jaded, but try not to be rude or unwelcoming.

The good news is that the rude, unwelcoming posts are usually really funny... For instance, I thought the subject of this thread was totally relevant, but I read beyond the first post primarily to belly-laugh at TGG's lovable goons.

18. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

That's the reason why I rarely post anymore. New TGG member posting about Jets related news in the Jets Discussion board. What a horrible thread.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

True on both accounts. As I said, I totally understand why any Jets fan could/would be cynical, pessimistic and/or jaded. That doesn't mean we have to be rude or unwelcoming. We all can screw up, however. I know that sometimes, the mood I'm in from daily living can affect how I read and react to posts and to new posters. I try most of the time to not make my responses personal, but have to admit that there are some posters whose attitudes and responses rub me the wrong way, just as I'm sure that my attitude and responses rub some others the wrong way.

We're all Jets fans, and anyone who has been a Jets fan for longer than 10 minutes deserves some respect. No one ever said that we all had to like each other or agree all of the time, but we should at least try to respond respectfully.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  20. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

More importantly his replacement needs to have "scouting" skills.