New Jets Number Assigned

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, May 5, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you. Revis was the king of thieves. Too bad he couldn't turn his thievery off the field into a lot more interceptions on the field.

Footballgod214 and Jets69 like this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]
    Johnny Sample agrees. McNeil was against the strike but then wound up being the lead plaintiff for the NFLPA for unrestricted free agency. That was all mixed in with Marvin Powell being the President of the United States. He was just a stellar human being in so many regards. Anyway, agreed - don't even think of retiring that number.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Why, did he die? If he gets into the HOF, that's different. Klecko's # was retired because we all know why, but if anyone's number should be retired it's #75, Winston Hill, another HOF travesty.

#43 jetophile, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

lol love it! thank you for the much needed 'correction'!

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I see ass fumble incoming this summer.

6. Teams are in a cut throat business of winning & losing. The same business that provides players LIKE revis the opportunity to make multi millions.Somewhere down the line the team has to come first.Revis never won a game on his own.. There are more than enough supplemental opportunities beyond just team salary for a player of Revis' caliber to get paid.Now there is a middle ground. Players absolutely negotiate to the fullest if they feel they are being undervalued. But to do it repeatedly when you really weren't being low balled based on the figures that were reported during those time frames...including on your rookie deal...sorry....Revis could've cared less about being a "Jet for life"....he only cared about being set for life in the biggest media market in the world. If your ok w. that...I guess you have no problem w. Revis.. others like myself were alittle put off by his tactics.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Forget the season with the Patriots. Forget the holdouts. Revis quit on the field last season. If they induct him into the Ring of Honor Joe Klecklo should kick his ass right on the field during the halftime ceremony.

Andy_M likes this.
  8. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Not worth a reply. Oh wait, this is a reply.

9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Chad Hansen is #6 that's cool! Or do we have so many WR's that the teens and 80's are all taken and he has to wait til cuts are made?

10. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Wonder if hack switches to 14...hope he plays lights out so it even matters come 2018.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he can't wear that number in the regular season yeah. If he makes the team he'll have to be in the teens or 80s once others are cut and those numbers become available

12. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

This is my hope. Although the #14 is kind of cursed for the time being due to 2016 Fitz, I dont like seeing Hack wear 5. I think Petty will stick with #9 and if thats the case, I think Hack will snag #14.

boozer32 likes this.
  13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that number is cursed. Goes back to the Richard Todd error (no typo) and also Neil O'Donnel the guy that got injured stretching.

14. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Fucking right he did. Declining skills my ass, he flat out bailed. I watched that fucker, he wasn't even trying. Lost ALL respect for him last year. You can tell when a player is trying his ass off and not getting it done. Revis didn't ever make it into that category last season...not even close.