McClown wants to start... Really??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, May 4, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...s-hes-planning-to-win-jets-qb-job-and-he-will

Taken from today's ESPN.com:

There is only ONE REASON for McClown to start this season. That's to save TB's job. Nothing else makes sense as there is nothing to gain from McClown playing while Hack and Petty gets "mentored" again. I hope this doesn't happen but as is well known, I have zero faith in this franchise's ability to groom a young Qb so if they manage to fuck this up, no surprise. Disappointed yes but not surprised.

Even if Hack and/or Petty aren't quite ready to be Pro Bowl FQB's, there is no substitute for experience. These kids need to play, and mentored FROM the sideline, not while they're ON the sidelines.

Please God... Help the FO/CS get this right. I'm not getting any younger....

F'n Jets..

rant/0ver

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Of course he wants to start. Why wouldn't he? If anyone was on a tram they would want to start. This isn't news at all. Its an open competition and he wants to win it? Holy shit, stop the presses on this one.

Pags2112, zace, egelband and 16 others like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

And I want to bang Liz Hurley but it ain't happening is it?

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don't think they are paying McNown 4 million more than the Cowboys offered to sit on the bench. They are paying him 7 million to be our starter.

Hopefully Hack can step up and win the job but I doubt we will see him until the middle of the season. Although, the schedule sets up pretty favorably for the Jets over the first half of the season. If we start McNown there is a chance we could win a lo of games the 1st half of the season.

5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't he want to start? Every player on the team wants to start, McCown is no different.

The whining on this board is getting out of control.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pags2112, Mogriffjr, nicg4360 and 2 others like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

First off it's amazing to me how many people think this guys name is "McNown".

Second, why would you expect him to say anything different?

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

If he DIDN'T want to start, then he should be at home gardening... not playing in the NFL.

GreenfiendNYJ and JetLifeLo like this.
  8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I want Geno back.

Joey Jett and Burnz like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJF and others here is the thing,,on draft day they said he is making $650,000 per game and yes that he was paid $4 million more than the cowboys offered !!! So do I blame the guy for wanting to start of course not but I come back to we are in rebuilding mode and Woodys comments and I actually believe the organization is saying one thing but believing another !!! Bowels will not start one of the kids over Mccown,

Cman68 likes this.
  10. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

The best QB in camp will win the job. If that is McCown, then so be it. Whoever gives us the best chance to win.

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Wow you are definitely a jets fan with low standards like that :D

Ralebird likes this.
  12. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

All this fluff from one OS-filling article from BSPN....
    Can't wait for the TC and the unnamed sources.

13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

1) of course he wants to start

2) him starting wouldn't "save Bowles' job". If you read the comments Woody just made, it's pretty clear he wants to see a youth movement even if it means the team sucking, as long as there's improvement over the course of the season.

People are going to go nuts if McCown starts the season, throwing around claims like Bowles is trying to save his job. If McCown starts, it simply means Hackenberg isn't ready to play yet, that's it. It reminds me of when people kept going off on Bowles for not playing Petty over Fitz, then Petty was clearly not ready when he finally got the chance to play. Trust the people that see these guys every day when we haven't seen them in years.

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

did someone say they wanted to bang Liz Hurley??? wtf? Not that I wouldnt have sex with her but of all the women in the world, Liz fuckin Hurley comes to mind? Thats like a starving person saying, " man, what I wouldnt do for a package of peeps right now"

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Non news.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

16. Cman68

Well, when Bowles started Petty the team had already checked out so that effort was doomed to fail. Bowles didn't start Petty because he had a vet that gave him the "best chance to win". Bowles will opt for the vet over the rookie this time around too because... wait for it.... he gives us the "best chance to win".

If Hackenberg STILL isn't ready to play, when exactly will he be ready? 2018, '19, 2020? How exactly is he supposed to get ready to play... Osmosis? How are the Jets supposed to evaluate a Qb if he's never in a meaningful game or a game at all for that matter.

Lastly, McClown should have been made aware of the situation before he signed the contract unless of course, TB and Macc gave him the impression he was being brought in here to start. If that is the case, then we're looking at another replay of 2016 where we'll all be wondering when exactly does the youth movement begin at Qb. The only person in the entire organization that seems to be all in on the youth movement is Woody. No one else dares even utter the word "rebuilding" although that's exactly what's happening.

17. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Of course he wants to start, the point is, he shouldn't be allowed to start. Bowles should spain to him early and often what his role here is... bench warmer.
    Petty should start the year, if he fails miserably, Hack gets his shot. If they both fail, we play for the draft.

If we don't think Petty or Hack will pan out, we should have traded this year 1st round pick to another bottom dwelling team, for their next years 1st. Then used the 2 1st rounders to trade for next years number 1 pick or have two high first rounds ourselves, in a good QB draft.

Freddy Mondo, PulseJet and Cman68 like this.
  18. Cman68

I personally would have chosen Kerry Washington but hey... different tastes right..

Mogriffjr likes this.
  19. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

But that isnt at all what the article is talking about. Its an interview with McCown about how he wants to start. It doesnt mention anywhere that the Jets are considering it at all.

If Mac and Bowles are on the same page, than obviously McCown wont start. It'll be Petty or Hack.

GreenfiendNYJ, FJF and Cman68 like this.
  20. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

It was Brook, a least he picked something with two legs.