The Jets acquire Alex Balducci on Waivers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 3, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/art...-Waivers/7fcc9abf-5ade-4f41-b0a8-0d627a15f847

First-Year Player Spent Rookie Season in San Francisco
    [​IMG]

The Jets have been awarded OL Alex Balducci off waivers from the 49ers.

A defensive tackle in college, Balducci moved to the offensive line for San Francisco. The Oregon product originally signed with the 49ers after going undrafted in 2016 and spent the majority of last season on their practice squad. The 6’4”, 310-pounder was promoted to the active roster on Dec. 12 and appeared in two games.

Balducci racked up 77 tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks during his four years for the Ducks, earning a Pac-12 honorable mention in 2015.

Hooray! The season's saved! ;) Seriously, I wonder if the Jets will keep him on the OL or move him back to DT.

Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he is going to stick but.... he was a good player for the Ducks.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Alec Baldwin has a better chance of making the 53

matt robinson 17 and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Hey! He makes like 1k an appearance being Trump. Who'd want to give up a sweet gig like that.

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

9 picks in 2017 draft and no OL. Mike Mac must think this makes up for it--a practice squad reject from a team worse than the jets.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think he gives a shit thst some fans think he needs to make up for not taking an OL in the worst OL draft in years

7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Seems to me that didn't stop every other team from taking an OL during the 2017 draft, and few other teams had 9 picks like the jets. But you are right, I don't think he cares that some fans wish he would address OL during the draft. You mention the weak OL crop this year--what is your explanation that he has now only drafted a grand total of two OL in three drafts and both in the 5th round? Oh yeah, 3 bad years/classes to pick offensive lineman.

8. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

Brandon Moore 2.0
    It doesn't hurt to dream.

9. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Alex Balducci , is a full sized player. He may be a full-timer or a backup, but that's what we need . More body's so the OL gets some help. Just a few snaps a game might improve the OL and give the QB a bit more time. I like the pickup. Sure maybe we could have picked one up in the late rounds, but who knows who will fall out of other programs.

10. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

At-least he plays Center

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's nice. I'm sure Bradway, Tanny and Idzik also felt the same way. And now they are long gone, and we are still here.

In a couple years there will be a new GM who feels the same way, and you will likely be here to homer it up for them too.

Because maybe, just maybe, THIS IS THE GUY THAT KNOWS HOW TO DO IT RIGHT. The greatest GM ever. That's what you're hoping, right? You just want to be the guy that supported the guy.

Even if you have to support a bunch of turds unconditionally along the way. Get real.

#11 abyzmul, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    tomdeb likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is a whole lot of bitching and whining over something I never actually said. I didn't say it was right or wrong, I said it's foolish to think that the GM did something to save face with the fan base. Saying it was one of the worst OL drafts in a long time is accurate. So if they took this guy in the 6th instead of claiming him off waivers would you guys be happy?