Jets piss poor OL gets no help

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Apr 29, 2017.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

And as we all know, every single pick works out. You are one of the worst posters here.

FJF likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

WTF

That's SCARY...Alien half breed??

LMAO

3. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

well thank you I feel exactly the same way about the sunshine garbage you're always pumping out. Other than Leonard every pick MM has taken has been AWFUL

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

That's the idea Tank in 17

Get your QB Dream

5. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

why any fan would put another nickel in Woody's pocket this season I dont know

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Me too

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

There is always Sheldon to trade.... :)

8. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of being a homer. It's a matter of know what type of draft it was. Their wasn't the OL help they needed in this draft and the players they got early were good values.

9. Walt White

Yeah, pretty much common knowledge.

FJF likes this.
  10. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

One of the worst drafts I've ever seen for O-linemen plus we have a bunch of young guys with promise along the O-line

What good is "plugging a hole" with trash??

I didn't love our draft last year at all and I've bashed Macc a shitload for his QB handling which still isn't close to being solved but I love this draft. Every pick he made I'm on board with except for the small school OLB but at that point it's hard to complain

richieC, egelband and Walt White like this.
  11. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

In regards to that guy, I was watching NFL network when we drafted him and Mayock and Davis loved this kid. Talking about how he plays like his hair is on fire, that he has a nonstop motor

12. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Even better...I don't know much about him but I prefer going with physical freaks rather than over achievers from small schools in general

But who knows it could work out

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No no no, give me the overachiever. If nothing else they make practices better.

King Koopa likes this.
  14. Walt White

Yeah, we'll see. I thought of Mauldin when watching him, so they'll compete for that spot for sure.

King Koopa likes this.
  15. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Sometimes when you see a bag of shit you just need to say this is a bag of shit. Gio carmazzi comes to mind.. he played in a few preseason games and it was over. Hacks preseason game should have been reason enough to realize he is a mistake. We can all pretend he might be something but everyone knows he is not. But if it makes you feel any better roll the piece of shit out on the field for 4 games so you can see how f@cking terrible he really is and we all can just move on.

16. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Aside from Wesley Johnson, who are you looking to replace? The guards and Shell played well last year. Beachum was brought in to replace Clady. Draft class for o-line wasn't that strong and a 1st/2nd round pick could be a slight upgrade in 2-3 years whereas upgrades to the secondary are more important since they struggled heavily to understand bowles' system last year. Wide receivers were needed with injuries to Smith and Decker. Next year's O-line and QB classes are very good with O-line having a lot of depth. Enjoy the 2-14 season and Darnold in 2018. Rebuilding takes time.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It just really pisses me off how we we waited until week 12 to put Petty in, in the second half of a blowout and eventually went back to Fitzpatrick at the end of the year. Played him against the Rams, then back to Fitzpatrick off a bye week, then Petty in the second half of the Colts game, Petty vs. the 9ers, knocked out vs. the Phins, then to Fitz for the last two games.

There is plenty of opportunity there when we're 2-5 to play both Petty and Hackenberg to the point where we didn't have to play the 'we don't know what we have' card. We may not have liked any of the quarterbacks this year, but we would've had a much better idea of their abilities if we could've given them both 3 games and let them get into some sort of a rhythm.

Instead we jerked around with this best chance to win bullshit and they may suck but we still have no idea what they definitively are.

I feel like Mac and Bowles didn't play them on purpose because they didn't want to be pressured into taking a quarterback they didn't really want to take this year. Plenty of teams have geared up to have a TON of picks next year via trade downs this year (Browns, Bills, 49ers namely), to make sure if they don't end up with a top pick they can trade up to get Darnold or Rosen.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It was a bad year to want to draft offensive tackles although I personally would've liked to see us get Roderick Johnson who was a first/second round pick after his sophomore year and fell to the 5th.

It was an average year for guards &a centers and I felt like there was some value there in the mid rounds with guys like Elflein/Pocic/Lamp/Feeney and so on. But we must feel really good about the way the offensive line looks for now.

We're looking at a pretty good offensive line free agent class next year. Bear with me as I post and then will edit to add names. The following names are available after the season:

G Justin Pugh (26) - Giants
    G Andrew Norwell (25) - Panthers
    G Shawn Lauvao (29) - Redskins
    G DJ Fluker (26) - Giants
    G Chance Warmack (25) - Eagles
    G Jack Mewhort (25) - Colts
    C Weston Richburg (25) - Giants
    T Cameron Fleming (24) - Patriots
    T Nate Solder (29) - Patriots
    T Don Barclay (28) - Packers

Unfortunately the only above average left tackle on the list is Nate Solder who will be 30 if he hits free agency. The rest of the line is solid. We can squeeze another year out of the mountain of a man in James Carpenter. If Shell and/or Johnson turns out to be a quality starter we're in solid shape. If both are no good then we're in trouble. Man it's gonna suck not having Mangold and Brick as the rock solid staples of the line.

We will be focused on getting a QB in next years draft. But I also have seen way too early 2018 mocks with 5+ offensive tackles projected to get taken.

#58 Jonathan_Vilma, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

And I'd be fine with that. If he's given 4 games and shows nothing then okay qb in next years draft. There wasn't a qb in this years draft that would have started right away. Whoever we would have drafted wouldn't have won us games either. 2018 is the year we draft our Qb (hopefully). You can't determine a guys career though off a couple preseason games in his rookie year. The guy didn't get much reps in practice either and barely any playing time in preseason. But his first preseason drive he looked great. Went right down the field for a td, seems like everyone forgot about that drive.

hwismer and Red Menace like this.
  20. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

We have a lot of young talent at receiver. We now have two pass catching tight ends. This is a rebuild. We couldn't turn a shitty team into a playoff team this fast. It happened some times but this roster was pretty bad