My 2017 Draft Dream

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Careerqb, Apr 21, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

In general, I agree. Hopefully, he never sees the field this season, but you know they will give him a ton of reps in OTAs & TC at the very least.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd be shocked if the first three picks were on "D", even if this is the Jets.

If they took Adams - or better yet Hooker - and got Peppers, Foster is a potential headache they don't need.

3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Yes it would be Ringling Brothers. Maybe the Bengals could cut Pacman Jones and we can add him to the list of undesirables. The team might be good but it'd be hard to root for since there would be no one to like.

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Well.... McCown is supposedly smart and can learn in the classroom.

Jets' FO should focus on catching lightening with one of the two kids, or running them into the ground to the point of no usefulness.
    McCown, if put in, will be playing for his next contract, i.e. trying to win. Hence, there is no reason for him to be on the field.

I'm sure Bowles wants to win games, but I'm also sure Macc will be giving the orders. Thus, I expect McCown to sit, and FO to fight with HC.

5. NCJetsfan

While I hope he doesn't (and think he shouldn't unless both Petty and Hack are injured or just aren't ready to start week 1), I will be shocked if McCown never sees the field this season. If he does, more than likely it will be in the first game or two. He will need to develop timing with the receivers and OL and chemistry with his offensive teammates. He will get reps, as he should. I'm just hoping that Hack and/or Petty will play lights out from the time OTAs begin, so Morton and Bowles have no desire or reason to play McCown.

Bowles will be trying to win games. I would love it, but doubt that Mac is giving orders. Bowles has reported to Woody, not Mac, and Bowles and Mac have been equals to date. The only way I see that Mac would be giving Bowles orders is if Woody came very close to firing Bowles, and changed the org chart/hierarchy of the team. Even if so, I don't see Mac and Bowles fighting. They have worked together amicably (as far as we know) so far. If Mac is in charge now, Mac would simply give orders, and Bowles would follow if he has any hopes of keeping his job. Besides, Bowles hasn't shown enough passion to suggest that he would fight with Mac.

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I don't believe bolded is true any longer

7. NCJetsfan

I sure hope you're right, but I've seen nothing in the media to suggest that you are.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You're looking to the media to get information about inside works of Jets nowadays?
    I'd think shutting down most lines of communications to the local press over the last year would be clear enough message to anyone that media is NOT the place to look....

Whatever works for you, I guess

9. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Surprised Adams was there. First part of the dream worked out. Foster was falling. Was hoping he would fall to us. Now if Cook can fall to us that'd be great. We'll see tonight.

10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Surprised about Cook falling - would be amazing to see the Jets takes him though I've read where they may look to trade down. BPA wise, Cook has to be up there.

11. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

With the talent available trading down might not be bad. At 39 I might stay since there is first round talent and players of need. In the third I might trade down depending on who is there. I wish they could trade Pryor and Richardson for picks but I'm not expecting that. Wishful thinking.

12. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I think that's the best way to go - they need more picks. After hearing some questionable actions about Cook today, doubt the Jets take him anyway.