Welcome to the Jets, Jamal Adams!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 27, 2017.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Maybe the Jets think Hackenberg is ready.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How many times have TEs and RBs killed us over the middle? That will stop with Adams.

I understand the frustration with the Jets always taking D players, but that's what happens when your HC is a former DC and previous GMs have been so clueless and missed on so many picks. IMO this was not the draft to take an offensive player in the 1st round unless Fournette fell to us. I like Howard a lot, but I have concerns with his desire. There are no such questions with Adams' passion and desire.

I think the offense will be addressed in this draft, and certainly will be next year.

almbleamal, LAJet and Will-I-Am-Not like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Valid points such as Adams being similar to Pryor? Or our defense always stinking? Yes, very valid. Very accurate and valid.

JetBlue likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

I disagree. I'd be OK with Ramczyk, but there will be better players. IMO this is not the draft to take an OT. I would not be happy with Robinson at all. Robinson will be a RT or OG, not LT in the NFL.

I'd rather the Jets take an OLB, TE, or CB in the 2nd round.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont know how you can complain about a guy who is able to play going toward the los and tackle, can play safety over the top and can come up and play man on most wrs. i just cant see how you can be mad about a guy like that. safety in this league is tremendously important. not as important as qb, but i dont see any of the qbs that were available being the guy that you have to take. they need to build a team and this is a great pick to do just that.

he was the best player on the board, by quite a distance and could have been picked at the very top of the draft and its a need for the team. there is nothing that you can say negatively about this pick.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Nah Watson's a bust

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Funny everyone was saying all the same things when Pryor was drafted and look what we are doing again 3 years later. The cycle is just repeating itself. McCaffery should of been the guy IMO since he was there. This team needs offensive playmakers more then anything.

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Idk... ask a Broncos fan...

Jets_Grinch and Brook! like this.
  9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Yeah, look at the playmakers they have on offense compared to this shit offense. They could actually score....

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This was the pick! Love it. Looks like Howard is falling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I wanted offense as much as the next guy but you can not be unhappy with Adams. I thought he was the 2nd best player in draft and the least likely out of our options to make it to 6. Pretty much like Leo a couple years ago, him being available made Macs job easy, except this fillls a huge need.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

I appreciate you responding with an intelligent response rather than just "bad post".

and I do understand where you are coming from on the defensive HC and prior bad decisions made by our front office....however, i cannot get out of my head Einstein's theory on insanity and how this team is deteriorating year after year.

we will most likely be drafting in the top 3 next year and eyeing a QB big time, i just want that QB to have some weapons at his disposal.

I wish this kid the best of course but i can't forget how everyone was loving the Pryor pick and here we are taking a very similar box safety to replace him, with a top 10 pick non the less...

13. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I cannot believe he was still available. Incredible how Williams and now Adams has fallen into our laps. If only a franchise QB would do the same. oh wait, next year one will !! It's been a long Long LONG LONG time since the Jets have had gifts fall to them in round 1. Don't F*ck up round 2 MAC with a project. Let's see Foster fall

#53 No Fly Zone, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    74 and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

I love the pick. We need skill there and he was the best to get.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

You're welcome.

I had really hoped that there would be more topnotch offensive players this year, but there aren't imo. IMO Adams was the 2nd best player in this draft and no offensive player was really even close to him aside from Fournette.

I could be wrong, but I expect the Jets to add a TE and RB in this draft. If Hack or Petty don't pan out this year, the Jets will be taking a QB next year and probably an OT as well. I think the Jets have some weapons. Enunwa is an excellent target as is Decker. Robinson showed a lot of potential last season. Peake has some potential as does Devin Smith and Jalin Marshall. Powell is an excellent receiver out of the backfield, is speedy and tough and should be around for another couple of years. If the Jets add a RB like Samaje Perine this year and a TE, they will have some weapons for their QB.

With as many holes as the Jets have, not all of their holes could be fixed in this draft. Adams will help turn the D around.

I think the only similarities between Adams and Pryor are that they both play the SS position. Adams is smart, instinctive, a hard worker, passionate, has a non-stop motor, is a solid tackler, is good in coverage, takes good angles and is a real leader. Pryor evidently doesn't love the game, is lazy, or is a knucklehead. I don't see the burning desire to be great in him. He isn't a leader. He doesn't take good angles and isn't good in coverage. He goes for the big hit and doesn't wrap up and misses too many tackles. There's no way he should have gone backwards this past season after his 2015 season, but he did. I think you're gonna wind up loving Adams. He's gonna stop those passes to TEs and RBs over the middle that have been killing us for years.

Will-I-Am-Not and nycarl like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

This bears repeating. When over the last 20 years can you remember the Jets being lucky and having players they wanted fall to them in round one? It has now happened twice in the last three years. Call it karma, or Mac making better decisions creating this "luck" I think things are definitely looking up for the Jets.

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I would've loved to trade back.

You can't deny how fortunate we are to get this kid at 6. Nobody thought he would fall to us. I can't blame them for pulling the trigger. Just can't.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Scre the PR, take Mixon in the second.

FJF likes this.
  19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Cause it wasn't Howard. He will be an elite TE fire at least the next decade.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

20. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

I agree with most of what you say here....and i honestly do think that i will love this kid once the games begin...

i think the thing i am most upset about this draft is the lack of a top tier left tackle we could have grabbed there.

either way, lets all hope that this kid and williams on our d-line will be two building blocks to lead us to better/happier days.

and hopefully our latter picks are productive also. enjoy the draft bud and good conversing.

NCJetsfan likes this.