Jet Prospect Meetings Tracker

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PulseJet, Apr 27, 2017.

1. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

With a few hours before the draft, I thought it would be interesting to see who the Jets were reported to have invested time with. I dont believe in last years draft it was reported that they visited with Lee, Jenkins, Burris or Shell so there isnt really a correlation. But here are the visits anyway:

4 Visits: Mitch Trubisky: The Jets have spent more official visit time on Trubisky than anyone else. Its either a smokescreen or they are really serious about him at that 6 hole. I hope they pass him by or the Browns grab him 1st. Last year it was reported they visited Hack but not to the same extent as Trubisky.

3 Visits: Mahomes, Watson, Davis Webb and Brad Seaton OT: Again, alot of time on the QB's. Interesting that they visited Webb 3 times but Peterman and Kizer only once. Brad Seaton is a Villanova guy you would think the Jets will target in later rounds.

2 Visits: Kevin King CB, Raekwon McMillan ILB, David Njoku TE, Garrett Sickles OLB: Not sure if the King injury changes his status on the board. McMillan is another Ohio State ILB, Sickles seems like a mid-later round project. Interesting that the Jets visited Njoko twice and Evan Engram once but not with OJ Howard.

1 Private Visit:
    Defense: Jamal Adams S, Malik Hooker S, Marshon Lattimore CB, Gareon Conley CB, Reuben Foster ILB, Charles Harris OLB, Rashaad Coward DT, Josh Jones S, Damontae Kazee CB, Marcus Maye S
    So it seems the Jets did their due dilligence on the Safties and a few of the CB's. Interesting to me that they didnt visit TJ Watt or spend a whole lot of time with the large group of CB's that you would assume would be selected in the early-mid rounds. Looks like they are hiding their interest there in the hopes of grabbing a few of these guys.

Offense: Tarik Cohen RB, Chris Godwin WR, Damore'ea Stringfellow WR
    I would love for the Jets to find a way to grab Godwin. They didnt visit with Fournette, McCaffrey, Dalvin Cook, Kamara, Mixon, Mike Williams, Corey Davis. Again, I think they are masking their interest in one of these RB's.

2. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

And now Fournette might drop cause Jags might take Watson

boozer32 likes this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That would present the Jets with mega options. They could take Fournette (yay), trade down with Cleveland (double yay).

Catfish Billy likes this.
  4. RaptorJet

RaptorJet New Member

Trade down to 12, Take Njoku TE out of Miami. Gonna be a STUD

boozer32 likes this.
  5. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Jets will draft Solomon Thomas if Watson goes to the Jags.

6. Freddy Mondo

Freddy Mondo Active Member

I like Njoku. Young and shows a willingness to get stuck in. Maybe not that high, although I'd expect he'd be gone by our 2nd round pick.

I also hear he's a Jets fan.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Njoku is who we take if we swap picks with like... Houston for their 2018 first and he somehow makes it through the early-20's gauntlet of teams who might be in the market for a TE. Taking him in the top 15 would be a reach.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  8. RaptorJet

RaptorJet New Member

Does it really matter where we take a guy? If he pans out it was a successful pick no matter if we reached or not. If we reach and we hit, its a great pick. But if we reach and he sucks, we are the same old jets. If he's your guy, you TAKE HIM.

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

this thread's scares me..

let's grab a qb who's started but 13 games (in an overrated qb class to begin with)....no let's grab a tight end (forget the secondary).....no let's draft another DL.....

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good idea to post this. Thanks for doing so. Interesting.

What is your source? The reason I ask, is that I think there are a couple of mistakes. I'm pretty sure I've read that the Jets met with Hack 2-3 times last year, and have met with Harris a couple of times this year. Harris indicated that the Jets have shown more interest/contacted him more than any other team.

I hadn't heard about Kevin King's injury. Will have to check that out.

I'll have to try to find some info on Brad Seaton, Garrett Sickles, and Damore'ea Stringfellow. I've never even heard of them.

Tarik Cohen would be a huge surprise. He played at NC A&T. He's tiny, I think 175 pounds soaking wet, but is very fast. I don't think that he returned punts or kicks. There's no way he'd hold up running the ball, and they already have Forté and Powell as good pass receivers at RB. They also have a very similar player from last year in Romar Morris, but Cohen is compared to Darren Sproles, so I guess that accounts for their interest.

11. NCJetsfan

If we traded down that far, we better get more than their 2018 first round pick and their pick this year.

12. NCJetsfan

Yes, it matters. You don't want to overdraft a player. If you can take a player in the 4th round, why take him in the 2nd, when you could take a better prospect/player in the 2nd and still get the other player in the 3rd or 4th. One also has to consider the draft position as it relates to contract size and future cap space.

13. NCJetsfan

Brad Seaton sounds like a decent developmental RT prospect, but perhaps only as a backup. I think OTs should be drafted much higher.

Garrett Sickels sounds like a situational pass rusher and backup at best (if that). He doesn't seem to be very fast, so I can't even see him contributing that much on STs.

Damore'ea Stringfellow sounds like a better prospect than either Seaton or Sickels, but that isn't saying much. I can't figure out why the Jets seemingly wasted their time with any of these three players.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

interesting to see how the number of private defense visits well outnumber the private offensive visits.

get ready for more defense. LOL

15. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Per the classic trade chart it's a pretty even trade. Houston's already given up their 2018 Rd 2, so I can see them being especially unwilling to part with their Rd 1 if they are worried that they'll get their QB but then be a piece away from a true SB run in 2019, etc. I'd honestly like to get more too and don't think it's a particularly good one, it was more of an example of how far I'd want to move down before we considered Njoku with our top pick, as he is a fairly developmental prospect/physical freak, and we've seen a lot of those go horribly wrong.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

could be high for him......there are a few teams that might be in the market for a TE this year but there is a good supply of them so teams can sit back and let someone fall to them. that being said, if howard is taken at 5 or 6.....teams at the bottom of the 1st round and in the second round could get a bit antsy.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Good thread, the Jets have to be interested in QBs if they are looking this closely. Glad to hear Kizer only had 1 visit

18. PulseJet

I took this from Walter Football. Here is the link: http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam
    Wouldnt be surprised if there are mistakes. Not an exact science. Just thought it would be interesting for the late rounders. Kevin King wasnt injured. Thinking of the other Washington DB and was typing too fast.

19. PulseJet

I am really surprised they didnt meet with Fournette. Casserly and a few others have the Jets selecting him. If he falls I think he would be a very good option.

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If the Jets take Trubisky instead of Mahomes with their 1st pick, I'll be upset. Despite all the supposed knocks on Mahomes, he's the best choice for the Jets. His ability to make something out of nothing will be huge until they upgrade their pass protection. And his arm strength is tailor-made for the NE outdoors. All picks - and especially QBs - are gambles, but he's got the highest potential payoff of all of them.

If Fournette falls to 6, I would take him there, and hope that Mahomes slips through to our 2nd pick.

xxedge72x likes this.