A homer in first 5 picks

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Apr 25, 2017.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

1. Marshon Lattimore CB OSU
    People on this board dont like him, but ill take a chance on his hamstrings. Scouts and Analytics people love this guy

2. Buda Baker S Washington
    Exactly the type of athlete we need to replace Gilchrist

3. Deonta Foreman RB Texas
    Great compliment to Forte and Powell

3 Ryan Switzer WR North Carolina
    Can play WR and return kicks

5. Eric Saubert TE Drake
    Good developmental prospect

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

No on Lattimore. Not taking a chance with those hammies. We're the Jets, it won't work out for us and he will be injury plagued.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Talk about terrible drafts!!! CBs are not a good value that high, and that's especially true in a draft that's historically deep at the position. To top it off by taking a CB with chronic hamstring issues that are so bad that he had to have surgery is nothing short of idiotic imo. Then you compound the matter by taking Baker with the #2 pick. He's a great player, but is very undersized and will more than likely have problems staying healthy and on the field in the NFL. You could very easily wind up with your top two picks missing half the season or more every year. No thanks.

The Jets do need youth at RB and a power RB, so I'll give you some credit there, but he is a terrible blocker and doesn't really try. There's nothing worse than a big, powerful RB who wusses out when it comes to blocking. If he can't pass protect, he won't be on the field half the time. No thanks. Samaje Perine is a better choice.

There are better players and bigger positions of need than Switzer and slot WR. He would be ok I guess, but there are many players I would take over him.

I disagree that Saubert is a good developmental prospect. Besides, the Jets need a TE who can contribute NOW, not 2 years from now. He has bad eye-hand coordination and has had a ton of drops. He has problems with staying focused. He succeeded at Drake because he was bigger and stronger than the competition. He doesn't care about blocking and makes a half effort. In short, he's a TERRIBLE prospect and shouldn't even be on the Jets draft board.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Don't want lattimore in any round.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

^1000%

boozer32 likes this.
  6. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Cmon dude how do you know Saubert has bad hand eye coordination? Did you watch Drake Bulldogs games?

All the players I selected were great players in college and seem like great prospects.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Do you bother to do any research, such as reading scouting reports? If so, I don't see how you could possibly call him a good developmental prospect. Unless we've seen players play in person or on TV with some regularity, we have no choice but to read what scouts on various draft sites say about players. They may be mistaken, but they have more information than we do, having watched video of players and spoken with coaches, and you have to give what they say some credence.

Did you see Saubert play? What makes you think he would be a good prospect? Why do you think he was a great player in college?

8. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

I like picks 2/3, though we might be overdrafting Foreman slightly, I do like him. I'd be more inclined to take him if we pick up an additional second rounder or are getting him with our comp pick rather than Rd.3 Pick #6. He'd be a good hammer/early down back. (and we're fooling ourselves if we think Forte or Powell is.)

I don't like Lattimore, as with many others here. Injury-happy Ohio state players are not something the Jets have a good record with in the past several years. There are plenty of other good candidates for that pick in a deep DB class. I'm actually not as high as others on Hooker, for similar reasons.