NFL Prospect Gareon Conley Accused of Rape, Strongly Denies Allegations

Discussion in 'Draft' started by The Waterboy, Apr 25, 2017.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/25/nfl-prospect-gareon-conley-accused-of-rape-denies-allegations/.

#1 The Waterboy, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Our president is trump. All good

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

No time to refute the allegations before the draft. This is like Collins all over again.

Scoop this dude up in round four and our CB problem is solved on the cheap.

FJF likes this.
  4. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

[​IMG]
    Cleveland police just keeps this as a stock Lineup photo until next season's team photo is available. No one is wearing sunglasses here...

5. James Hasty

They only wear sunglasses at night.

xxedge72x likes this.
  6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Can we have some film, please?

7. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Sucks that this sort of report comes out now. On the one hand, I think accusations shouldnt merit any change in your big board. Especially one coming so close to the draft. Looks fishy... On the other hand, if he did assault this woman, just weeks away from his payday, he is too dumb for words.

xxedge72x and TonyFtLaud like this.
  8. James Hasty

Who knows, he could of done it but the timing really doesn't make it easy for me to believe the alleged victim.

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I would be more inclined to draft an alleged murderer than an alleged rapist. If Collins didn't get drafted and pretty much everyone knew he was innocent I am not sure how Conley gets drafted. But teams have two days to investigate and do their uwn interviews if witnesses if they will give them. Maybe a round 6 or 7 pick but again if Collins went undrafted how does anyone take Conley?

10. James Hasty

If Collins had been guilty your logic would make perfect sense.

No one drafted the murderer so why should anyone draft the rapist?

The fact that Collins was not only innocent but is now playing at a high level should give teams more confidence to take a risk on the accused.

31 teams learned the hard way that suspects are not always guilty (Collins wasn't even a suspect).

Noam likes this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I agree there is a lesson to be learned with Collins and drafting a player with a cloud over their head is a high reward high risk venture. I personally like the upside. The downside here is it does not play well with public relations drafting an alleged rapist and second I would be much more inclined to have an alleged murderer in the locker room than an alleged rapist.

If after investigating they believe he looks clean I would be all for investing a late round pick. I just have a hard time seeing anyone doing that in this short a time frame. Maybe I am reading it entirely wrong but I do not see this kid getting drafted. That being said imagine a draft with this kid in round 6 and Syndney Jones in round 3.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Collins wasnt drafted because his agent let it be known that he wouldn't sign if he was drafted outside of the 2nd or 3rd round. It was better for him at that point to be a free agent. Conley should do the same thing if he is innocent.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We don't have any facts. It sucks that is 2 days away from the draft. A BS accusation from a gold digger could destroy his career. A real accusation from a victim should put his sorry ass in jail. The GMs have there work cut out from them.

Freddy Mondo and James Hasty like this.
  14. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Why the accusation now, I would have let him go top 10 then accused him when he had some $.

15. James Hasty

If you have a legit case you wait for the money.

If you have no case and want to hurt the guy the timing couldn't be better.

NOVAJET likes this.
  16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Unless he goes to jail.

17. James Hasty

Small risk high reward.

If we want to beat New England and represent the AFC East in the playoffs we are going to have to take a few risks.

I for one am tired of those guys kicking our ass every year.

18. Toronto's Biggest

Toronto's Biggest Active Member

Soooo....can we draft him in the 3rd while he's sliding? and can we use our other 3rd on Sidney Jones?

On the allegations though - I was reading an article that there's tendencies of teams to draft a lot of players out of certain schools. For instance, Buffalo keeps going back to Florida State, Pittsburgh to The Ohio State, and so forth. The story went on to explore this and in speaking with a scout said that many of them find a lot of unorthodox contacts. Be it a secretary or an equipment manager or a landscaper. Someone who sees these players daily, away from NFL scouts and the media and can speak towards their character.

I think there is a bit of reason to think Macc has similar connections at Ohio State. He's drafted two players from there with premium picks - players that coming into the draft were not can't miss and had a lot of holes in their games. If the Jets were to pass on Conley by round 3 it would suggest a lot about his character and the potential validity of the allegations.

19. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I guess we'll find out. Though he has only selected Lee and Devin Smith from Ohio State, and the later guy I think is a bit of a tool.

20. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

There's already apparently video out that contradicts some of the statements made by the accuser.

I don't want anyone who's actually done shit like this anywhere near the Jets, but the timing is really suspicious.

I could still see him going in the 2nd somewhere, but not in the first.