Draft Rumors

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AJT73, Apr 24, 2017.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

There are many rumors as of 8:30 this morning. Now with the draft week here there will be many more. I'll start a few that I've heard and if anyone hears any others we can post and try and figure things out.

1. Jets and Browns swap 6 and 12 for Trubisky. Ideal for us with added picks but probably won't happen because of the next rumor.

2. Trubisky to the 49ers at number 2. I look at this in one of two ways.

A. Trubisky fits Shanahan. Can be like Ryan. I think it'll be a great fit.

B. They are starting the rumor to get the Browns to bite and trade up to number two for Trubisky. Good play by the 9ers. Be interested to see if the Browns bite. I think at 2 they'll see if the 9ers are bluffings. Too rich to trade up.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Could be 9ers trying to get browns to take mitch at 1 so they can get Garrett

ColoradoContrails and TonyFtLaud like this.
  3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree. Forgot to add that to my thouhgt. They want Garrett and want the Browns to take Trubisky. Thanks for posting it.

4. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Cimini thinks the Jets might hold onto Richardson. If the trade isn't right I'd hold onto him. If we hold onto him can we release Wilkerson in 2018 if he doesn't perform with a reasonable cap hit and then try to sign Richardson?

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This is the last year to try and get this right. Jets can get rid of Mo next year and resign Sheldon, should he actually perform up to standards. You cut Mo, you'll end up giving the same amount if not more for Sheldon.

6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Report from CBS I saw the Bears paid the most attention to Trubsiky. Might not pass three. Still hoping Jamal Adams falls to us. I think if Trubisky goes in the top 5 he might.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why in the world would we want to keep a head case like Richardson? That makes no sense. I'm glad you aren't the GM.

He could be suspended for a year with his next offense. Except for being late to some meetings and skipping a walk through, Mo has been a great citizen and Jet. He was injured last year, and I think he will bounce back in a big way this year. Richardson may be quicker/faster, but he isn't half the player Mo is in terms of getting pressure on opposing QBs. Richardson has already said that he's gonna demand BIG money. We need to get rid of those types.

june19, NYJetsO12 and Leicester Jet like this.
  8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said. I was posting what I heard and then had a question. I wish we would've traded Richardson at the trade deadline last year. If we can get a third for him I'd be thrilled. I'd even do a similar trade like the Ravens did with Jernigan. Our third to move up in the third. The Jets need football players. Not head cases with two strikes already.

My only thought was if the Jets can't trade him it's best to keep Richardson and in some crazy world if Wilkerson bounces back and Richardson play out of his mind what are the options at that point? By no means do I want Richardson on this team past the weekend but there is a possibility he is here.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I think the reason you hold onto Sheldon is he matures. He's 26, just entering the prime of his career. Young men grow up and eventually stop doing stupid shit. If Sheldon grows up, then he is an asset to the team. And his antics have certainly impacted his market price in free agency. Also, Bowles playing him at LB hurt him too, which I wouldnt be too happy about if I were Sheldon.

boozer32 and BomberJet like this.
  10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Wonder if the comment by Warren Sapp blasting Garret for disappearing in games is going to have an affect on what the Browns do? Damn, has to make a team 2nd guess things a bit. Imagine Garret dropping to the Jets?!?!?

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sapp trying to become relevant again in my opinion as he beat up a prostitute, but that would be awesome if he dropped to the Jets wow ..

FJF likes this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Garret isn't dropping to the 6. He might drop to the 4 if Trubisky, Adams, Kizer or something like that happens. I don't think the Bears would take Mahomes 3 even with his arm.

13. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

I doubt it. They said that about clowney and look what he did this year when he was finally healthy

14. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Peppers diluted sample. In the drug program. Wonder if that drops him into the 3rd or 4th round. Also add Foster. I think he drops to the 2nd round. Alot of news and its early Monday. Will be a fun week.

boozer32 likes this.
  15. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Can't see Garrett getting past the Bears if he fell. Interesting though won't go on Mike and Mike becasue Booger Mcfarland questioned his work ethic and I heard an issue with Ross Tucker. Definitiely raises flags for me.

I agree though Sapp trying to become relative again.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Poor prep work by Pepper's reps. They had to know he was going to give a dilute sample if he pounded water and yet he did it anyway.

I believe the cramps angle but that's not going to keep him out of the program and his reps should have known that and made sure he knew it also.

17. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

No way Foster drops to the 2nd round - if he gets past 15 that would be a shocker. Plus, if the Jets do happen to trade back to 12 with the Browns, if Foster is there, I would jump on that pick....but that's just me.

joe likes this.
  18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If Peppers or especially Foster fall out of the 1st, you have to jump on that in a NY minute.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

19. NCJetsfan

Sorry if I misunderstood your intent. It sounded to me like you wanted to keep him in your previous post. There's definitely a possibility he will still be here this year. That would be just the Jets' luck. Then he'll get busted for pot usage or another driving incident, will get suspended for a year, and the Jets won't get a wooden nickel for him. LOL At this point, I'd take just about anything for him just to get him off the team and get the $8 million in cap space, which the Jets need to sign their draft picks.

20. NCJetsfan

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Immaturity is one thing. Stupidity is another, and in Sheldon's case, I think it's pure stupidity. Unfortunately, people don't grow out of that.

Even if it is immaturity, it's a BIG "if" that he grows up, and even if so, the Jets can't afford to keep him. It's that simple. They don't need three 1st round picks on their DL. That's too much of the cap space tied up on the DL, and there are only two starting spots for DEs. Even if the Jets switched full time to a 4-3, I wouldn't want him. He also has a negative attitude, and imo that's the last thing you want on a young, rebuilding team. It doesn't matter if he has all the talent in the world if his attitude isn't right. For what he is being paid, his attitude should be right and he should be a leader. The same goes for Mo.