Mike McCagnan Departure Date

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Apr 22, 2017.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I think we all realize that Todd Bowles is a lame duck coach. What about Mike McCagnan? I could totally see Woody cleaning house next year so I'm going Jan 2nd 2018.

Mac will need to nail this draft in order to be around next year, and I'm betting he blows it.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

jan 3rd 2020

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If things don't turn around, I don't think Macc gets a second contract however I do think he'll finish his first.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm hoping they're both here in 2018 and that's the season that sets the bar on retention.

Look at the Bengals and Marvin Lewis. If early crappy results had got him fired the team never becomes a consistent contender. He had to find the QB before that could happen. Same for Bowles and Mac.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Latest forecast. He will be with us for a long time and take us to the SB in 2020. He will then pay for a bill board with a picture of Champ that reads " Fire the ungrateful Jet fans and Move the team to Oakland" LOL

NCJetsfan, tiger8mush and RuJFan like this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Look at the Bengals and Marvin Lewis?He has been there for over 10 years and they never won a playoff game.This is the example for the mold we should follow?

7. Br4d

You forget how bad the Bengals were before he showed up. Like the worst team in football Cleveland Browns bad. He changed the culture in that locker room and survived the worst possible injury in the process (Carson Palmer knee in the playoffs).

Yeah they've had issues in the playoffs and yeah he's going to go at some point for that, like Marty Schottenheimer did in KC, but the Bengals are a much better team right now than they were when Lewis took over and he's a big part of that improvement.

TwoHeadedMonster and boozer32 like this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I rather have one Superbowl win then 10 years of winning records with no playoff wins.Rex has more playoff wins then Marvin Lewis.He actually beat him in the playoffs if I remember right.

9. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

I believe Maccagnan at least finishes his contract. If he does decent this draft, he will not be going anywhere. I personally don't see the negatives outweighing the positives yet. I have faith he will shine this Thursday to Saturday. I can feel it in my bones.

Maccagnans departure date will far surpass Bowles departure date.

Anyone know if the draft will be available to watch live via internet? I have to work and want to watch on my phone or tablet.

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well this is a sad thread...realistic but sad because I was once on his bandwagon but had to depart

I like Macs personality : he comes off fairly cerebral, honest, motivated and nonplussed by media and fan reactions

Right now he is running a C average in my class..I think he is hampered by Bowles and the way Woody set things. He is learning the GM position but we are subject to his good calls and bad mistakes. Leonard Williams, Charon Peake and our WRs, fleecing the Bears for M Forte and B marshall these are some of his better moves. The bad??? well that a long controversial list which I am not starting

Nail the draft (or at least come out decent) and he will stick around....prefer him over Toilet Bwls anyday

boozer32 and Pags2112 like this.
  11. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Maccagnan is going to be around for a long time. He will at least get to choose one coach before he gets the heave-ho. Bowles was selected off of a list of candidates he would have chosen, but we don't know if he was #1 on the list.

BomberJet and boozer32 like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Cincy should've canned Lewis years ago instead of wasting all that talent for years.

Besides ownership there hasnt been sticking by Lewis because they believe in continuity, they've kept him employed because they are cheap!!!
    Lewis has been among the lowest paid coaches in the league his entire time in Cincy and this way they avoid a buy out

13. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

I agree with you, unless he completely tanks this draft. Im thinking he'll be around for at the minimum 4 more years. When he hires the next coach, those two will be tied at the hip

boozer32 and ChrebetCrunch like this.
  14. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I think Maccagnan will be around longer than Bowles let's put it that way. But this draft is HUGE for him. So is any of the two QBs he's previously drafted being worth anything.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If I was Woody Johnson I'd hire the mob to get back my $18M MacCagnan gave to Revis.

16. Br4d

$39M, guaranteed for a 30 year old player. That move was 50/50 to fail the moment the contract was signed and the 50% success was likely to be break even at best.

Some of the moves the Jets make just defy rational analysis.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Woody wanted to bring back Revis, he even tampered.

Walt White likes this.
  18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He'll get to pick an HC, so 2020 or 2021.

19. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I think he's done an adequate job up to this draft. He's got to nail the next two drafts/free agency. If the Jets do not look like contenders by 2020 - he be gone.

20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

He's never won a playoff game! My father has been saying for years he has pictures of the owner with farm animals. I thought for sure he'd finally get canned after that playoff game against Pittsburgh. Unbelievable.